It is currently: May 01, '24, 2:47 pm

Quote/Tag synergy?

This is the forum where admin/moderator announcements and any discussion about the forums should take place.

Quote/Tag synergy?

Postby SlightlyJames » Oct 12, '14, 5:41 pm

I've been thinking this for a while now and I keep forgetting to mention it, when someone's quoted in a topic would it be possible to make use of the tag function in the reply?

Like instead of just being like this:

SlightlyJames wrote:Hellooooo

It would be like "@SlightlyJames said: Hellooooo" so when you're replied to you get notified of it and whatnot.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 275

Re: Quote/Tag synergy?

Postby SortaCreative » Oct 12, '14, 5:42 pm

So when people quote people quoting people quoting do you get notified 4 times or 1?

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby SlightlyJames » Oct 12, '14, 5:45 pm

SortaCreative wrote:So when people quote people quoting people quoting do you get notified 4 times or 1?

Not sure, hold on.

SlightlyJames wrote:"@SlightlyJames said: Hellooooo"

EDIT: I didn't get a notification for that.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby SortaCreative » Oct 12, '14, 5:45 pm

Well I dont think tags work within quotes right now but if they did, you would get spammed no? :P

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby SlightlyJames » Oct 12, '14, 5:47 pm

SortaCreative wrote:Well I dont think tags work within quotes right now but if they did, you would get spammed no? :P

I'm not saying there aren't logistical difficulties for an admittedly small problem, just spitballing a bit :lol

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby SortaCreative » Oct 12, '14, 5:48 pm

SlightlyJames wrote:
SortaCreative wrote:Well I dont think tags work within quotes right now but if they did, you would get spammed no? :P

I'm not saying there aren't logistical difficulties for an admittedly small problem, just spitballing a bit :lol

WELL YOUR IDEA IS SHIT OKAY.

JUST ACCEPT IT.

Nah, it's a good shout but... implementation would be... tricky. You'd want it to just notify single quotes and not quotes embedded into other quotes.

edit: like now would I notify myself? Ideally, no.

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby SlightlyJames » Oct 12, '14, 5:50 pm

SortaCreative wrote:
SlightlyJames wrote:

WELL YOUR IDEA IS SHIT OKAY.

JUST ACCEPT IT.

Nah, it's a good shout but... implementation would be... tricky. You'd want it to just notify single quotes and not quotes embedded into other quotes.

'course. It'd get tedious being notified all the time for replies to comments that aren't your comment, I don't know how it'd be implemented, just reckon it'd be a good thing to have if it could get worked out.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Everlong » Oct 12, '14, 8:59 pm

I'd have to go in and play around with the coding for the modification, and i'm absolutely worthless when it comes to that :lol

I'd say that if you want to stay notified of new posts/quotes, the best way to do that would be to follow a thread. Simply click "subscribe topic" on the bottom.

Otherwise, I'd say people could start tagging people they're responding to to make sure that they're seeing the message.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby SlightlyJames » Oct 12, '14, 9:07 pm

Everlong wrote:I'd say that if you want to stay notified of new posts/quotes, the best way to do that would be to follow a thread. Simply click "subscribe topic" on the bottom.

I did try that but I ended up getting 14 emails in the space of 2 hours on the subject :lol

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby The Legend » Oct 12, '14, 9:10 pm

SlightlyJames wrote:
Everlong wrote:I'd say that if you want to stay notified of new posts/quotes, the best way to do that would be to follow a thread. Simply click "subscribe topic" on the bottom.

I did try that but I ended up getting 14 emails in the space of 2 hours on the subject :lol

Only follow less popular topics? :P ;)

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Return to Forum Info and Discussion