It is currently: May 05, '24, 7:04 pm

Happy One Year Anniversary, PubTalk!!

This is the forum where admin/moderator announcements and any discussion about the forums should take place.

Happy One Year Anniversary, PubTalk!!

Postby Everlong » Oct 07, '14, 9:12 am

ONE YEAR AGO TODAY:

I was sitting on Skype late at night reading WWE-Club stuff, and saw Bryan mention in a topic that he was considering closing down the site. I quickly set up a free site that we were at for our first two months called The Club (http://www.theclub.prophpbb.com) and got @HFX to join up. The next day we sent out tons of PMs and got the migration started. Little did we know that Bryan would catch wind of it and shut the site down the next day before we could get everyone over.

But it's been one hell of a first year on this site. I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that the atmosphere here has been far better than it was there in years, and I truly enjoy coming to this place every single day.

Happy one year anniversary all, and thanks for making us a success!

Share your favorite PubTalk stories in this thread! I'll have the Member Awards up later when I'm done with work :tim

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Happy One Year Anniversary, PubTalk!!

Postby prophet » Oct 07, '14, 9:23 am

Hard to believe we've existed for a year already, happy anniversary guys!

Been a lot of fun so far, long may that continue! The entirety of Wrestlemania season has been the highlight so far for me, we were so active and the section I help run was booming with topics at all hour of the day as were the live chats during RAW and PPV's. Starting with the hilarious Royal Rumble chat when I drew Fandango in the sweepstakes only to see him eliminated by the fucking dwarf bull thing (seeing @Everlong get Khali made my pain quickly fade though). All the way up to Wrestlemania with all the chat about Punk, the injustice of them screwing Bryan time and again and eventually the streak ending. If Wrestlemania season this year is half as enjoyable as the last one I'll be very happy once again!

Finding out I was being promoted up to Global Mod was a surreal moment as it happened during an episode of the critically acclaimed show Amazing Greys! @PorkChop @Daz and obviously becoming PCW Champ was another terrific highlight of the year for me.

Mainly though it's the people and community in general that keep me coming back each day and posting. We have such a great group of people here and I'm thankful for all you lovely folk making this place all the more enjoyable for me. Hopefully we'll expand that group this year!

Here's to Year 2! :tim

Oh and as always, fuck you Bryan Eggers! :fu

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby PorkChop » Oct 07, '14, 9:47 am

It's pretty crazy to think it's been a year. It's been a pretty wild ride for us all, and it's good that we've found a place to settle here at PubTalk. It's much better here than it ever was at WWE-Club.

I hope to see this board go from strength to strength, and ideally have doubled in terms of members by the next anniversary. Building our name on the web will be a slow process, but I think once people begin to find us, they'll start joining - getting involved in our community here would be an attractive prospect for a lot of people. It was that reason why I joined WWE-Club, and despite how bad that website was at times, it was you guys that kept me returning to the site and contributing a lot. The same goes for this website.

I don't know what 99% of you look like and I don't even know your names, but I feel I have genuine friendships with a lot of people here. I'm glad that when WWE-Club went under the Club/PubTalk lifeboat managed to save the core of our community, and I'm grateful I still have the opportunity to chill out and discuss things with you guys.

Here's to many more :tim

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby JDD » Oct 07, '14, 9:49 am

Awh yeah!! Happy anniversary :tim

I will be forever grateful to you Tim for migrating us all over to "The Club". Dont know what i would have done with out all you awesome people. Even if discussion and activity isnt really where some people want it to be, i still think this last year activity wise has been better than the last few years of WWE-Club.

Another huge thanks to the PCW mods. Ive loved every second of writing for Zaid and im glad you guys enjoy him. PCW has been really awesome and ive enjoyed becoming a better writer over the past year.

Heres to many more awesome years :tim

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 78

Postby Daz » Oct 07, '14, 10:08 am

The Amazing Greys chat, the epic Fifa live stream comeback that never was, PCW and unofficially starting the whole Londonite bit when we first got going have provided me with more memories than WWE-Club ever did. Can't believe it's been a year already, here's to a few more.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Twister » Oct 07, '14, 10:39 am

Happy Anniversary Pub Talk! Time doesn't half fly, a year already!! :cheers

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby Kirbi » Oct 07, '14, 1:38 pm

Congrats all!

And thanks to the much-maligned Brian for being such an idiot - I never would've joined his fascist regime! :P

Kirbi None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 11

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Oct 07, '14, 2:12 pm

Thank you Tim!

I have to say, I really am glad that I joined this new forum when you sent me a message on Twitter. I didn't think I'd be posting that much but really enjoy the debate and discussion here with the regular faces and the slowly, emerging, newer ones.

:cheers

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby UTK » Oct 07, '14, 2:36 pm

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Viazon » Oct 07, '14, 4:47 pm

How long did WWE-Club last? We gotta make sure we beat that. One year down! Way to go everyone.

Here's to many many more years. :tim

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby Everlong » Oct 07, '14, 4:48 pm

Viazon wrote:How long did WWE-Club last? We gotta make sure we beat that. One year down! Way to go everyone.

Here's to many many more years. :tim

13 years. We've got a ways to go :lol

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby Viazon » Oct 07, '14, 4:50 pm

Jesus. I might be dead by then.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby Camstud » Oct 07, '14, 8:24 pm

Happy Anniversary to all my fellow PTF'ers! Even though I sometimes go missing I do lurk here everyday for the great atmosphere, keep it up! :tim

prophet wrote:
HFX wrote:
Viazon wrote:Fuck Nandos. Go to the meat counter in Tescos. You can get a whole chicken for not that much. Ready cooked. Me and my friends used to get them all the time then just eat them in the car.

Man I always think you can't get more weird and then you say something else :lol

The image of Viazon and his equally odd mates all sat outside the supermarket eating chicken together in the car is too much :lol
Camstud None specified
B+ Player
B+ Player

Topics: 36

Postby Kein » Oct 07, '14, 9:45 pm

I was invited here by Locke, and now I am just hanging out because he's gone. I secretly hate all of you.

I've met some pretty decent people on here though and that's neat.

I have a hard-on for Viazon's stories, they are too good. Thanks for the memories, and more to come. :mrgreen:

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 15

Postby Everlong » Oct 07, '14, 10:14 pm

Kein wrote:I was invited here by Locke, and now I am just hanging out because he's gone. I secretly hate all of you.

Forreal though, I hope he comes back some day. I actually sort of expected it to happen by now.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Oct 08, '14, 1:40 pm

Everlong wrote:
Kein wrote:I was invited here by Locke, and now I am just hanging out because he's gone. I secretly hate all of you.

Forreal though, I hope he comes back some day. I actually sort of expected it to happen by now.

Ya know ignoring the issues he had with others, I used to enjoy his posts, especially when he'd recount anecdotes about working in his barbershop and grunts about customers etc. It was good and added something unique in some way to the board. But hope he knows that the door is open for him.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Return to Forum Info and Discussion