It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 3:55 pm

What more can I do to help PubTalk get more members?

This is the forum where admin/moderator announcements and any discussion about the forums should take place.

What more can I do to help PubTalk get more members?

Postby Viazon » Sep 27, '14, 6:42 am

I think it's great what he have going here on this forum but it would be even better with more members. I know the mods are working hard to get more interest, but else can I do to help attract members? Because I'm not sure some of the stuff I am trying is working.

The only way I know how to try and attract members is through social media and others sites. I have made a few tweets trying to attract members but not sure if they are working. And I have made a couple of comments of reddit in football discussions, tyring to urge people to visit the site. However, every time I do, the comments just gets down voted. It seems like every time I try to do something like this, people just brush it off.

I know nothing about trying to promote anything, much less a site, so I'm just doing what I can. Maybe I'm just doing it. What do you guys, the ones who may be more experienced in trying to get websites noticed, think I can do that will be more effective in gaining members?

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 244

Re: What more can I do to help PubTalk get more members?

Postby PorkChop » Sep 27, '14, 6:54 am

Create more topics. It would help with search engine optimisation and would bring more people to the site.

Post more - for the same reason.

Like and share the Facebook page.

Post about us on reddit.

Tell your friends about us. Plus, that way we get to hear more of your stories if they sign up.

Graffiti our URL around Bedworth.

Get a PTF tattoo, preferably in a visible area such as your face.

Name your firstborn son 'Pubtalkforum.com'.

I'm out of ideas.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 1430

Postby Enygma » Sep 27, '14, 5:41 pm

PorkChop wrote:Name your firstborn son 'Pubtalkforum.com'.

Why son? :lol :lol

But yeah, basically advertising on diff. websites would help.

Credit to Romo for the sig.

Arrive. Dare To Zlatan. Leave.
Enygma Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 27

Postby Hanley! » Sep 27, '14, 5:42 pm

Enygma wrote:
PorkChop wrote:Name your firstborn son 'Pubtalkforum.com'.

Why son? :lol :lol

What a sexist.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Westcoastvibes » Sep 27, '14, 5:57 pm

Viazon wrote:And I have made a couple of comments of reddit in football discussions, tyring to urge people to visit the site. However, every time I do, the comments just gets down voted

That's because reddit is full of grammar nazis and self righteous douche bag's that get extremely bent out of shape when someone does anything slightly a skew from the norm of the sub reddit

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby Hanley! » Sep 27, '14, 6:04 pm

Westcoastvibes wrote:
That's because reddit is full of grammar nazis and self righteous douche bag's that get extremely bent out of shape when someone does anything slightly a skew from the norm of the sub reddit

In fairness, when it seems like someone is only on a site to try and promote somewhere else, that is pretty frustrating. I appreciate Viazon's intentions for sure, but it's easy to see why Redditors may not.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby SortaCreative » Sep 27, '14, 6:20 pm

Hanley! wrote:
Westcoastvibes wrote:

In fairness, when it seems like someone is only on a site to try and promote somewhere else, that is pretty frustrating. I appreciate Viazon's intentions for sure, but it's easy to see why Redditors may not.

Like how we all pretty much ignore Kreshenko's youtube plugs.

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Hanley! » Sep 27, '14, 6:21 pm

SortaCreative wrote:Like how we all pretty much ignore Kreshenko's youtube plugs.

I didn't want to be the one to say it. :lol

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby SortaCreative » Sep 27, '14, 6:42 pm

Hanley! wrote:
SortaCreative wrote:Like how we all pretty much ignore Kreshenko's youtube plugs.

I got your back man. I'LL SAY THE THINGS YOU LEAVE UNSAID.

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Hanley! » Sep 27, '14, 6:43 pm

SortaCreative wrote:
Hanley! wrote:

I got your back man. I'LL SAY THE THINGS YOU LEAVE UNSAID.

Taj, you complete me.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Chewy » Sep 27, '14, 11:22 pm

Join ISIS and behead someone wearing a pubtalkforum t shirt.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Postby Camstud » Sep 28, '14, 12:38 am

SortaCreative wrote:
Hanley! wrote:
Westcoastvibes wrote:

Isn't his name Kreashko? Come on, if you're gonna ruin him you at least could have got his name right haha.

Also, his vids are my guilty pleasure. :confused5

prophet wrote:
HFX wrote:
Viazon wrote:Fuck Nandos. Go to the meat counter in Tescos. You can get a whole chicken for not that much. Ready cooked. Me and my friends used to get them all the time then just eat them in the car.

Man I always think you can't get more weird and then you say something else :lol

The image of Viazon and his equally odd mates all sat outside the supermarket eating chicken together in the car is too much :lol
Camstud None specified
B+ Player
B+ Player

Topics: 36

Postby Everlong » Sep 29, '14, 11:23 am

The biggest thing you can do is keep creating topics. The more active we keep this place, the more likely people are to find it on search engines. This is a big, big deal, and it's why I like to reward Member of the Month to people who really do the most to help keep us active.

But spreading the word on Social Media certainly helps! Like us on Facebook and share things that we post.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby SortaCreative » Sep 30, '14, 10:49 am

Camstud wrote:
SortaCreative wrote:
Hanley! wrote:
Westcoastvibes wrote:

Isn't his name Kreashko? Come on, if you're gonna ruin him you at least could have got his name right haha.

Also, his vids are my guilty pleasure. :confused5

I'm not saying they're bad or anything.

They may be the best vids ever. The point is that's all he ever posts. Like we're just people to give him click views and thumbs up.

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby PorkChop » Oct 03, '14, 8:06 am

Pintrest's founder Bel Silbermann would run round Apple stores and would set all their browsers to Pinterest in order to stir up attention for his site.

Any volunteers? :lol

http://tech.genius.com/Sam-altman-lectu ... -annotated

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Twister » Oct 03, '14, 10:34 am

PorkChop wrote:Pintrest's founder Bel Silbermann would run round Apple stores and would set all their browsers to Pinterest in order to stir up attention for his site.

Any volunteers? :lol

http://tech.genius.com/Sam-altman-lectu ... -annotated

That's a pretty good idea actually :lol

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Return to Forum Info and Discussion