It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 1:56 am

Who would be interested in helping to run the PTF Twitter account?

This is the forum where admin/moderator announcements and any discussion about the forums should take place.

Who would be interested in helping to run the PTF Twitter account?

Postby Everlong » Sep 24, '14, 5:55 pm

Folks,

As we begin a new push toward finding new members, we need to become more active on social media. This means posting about all of the areas that we're focusing on on this site, not just one or two.

What I'd love to have is two people volunteering to post fairly regularly on the following topics:

-English football
-NFL
-WWE/Wrestling
-MMA/Boxing

I post occasionally about NFL and other stuff, but it'd be great if I could just delegate off the social media work to other people so that I can keep my focus on other areas of improving the site that really only I can handle as an admin.

Please post here if you'd potentially be interested and let me know what topic(s) you'd post on. I'm willing to give members that I trust access to the account.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Who would be interested in helping to run the PTF Twitter account?

Postby SortaCreative » Sep 24, '14, 6:14 pm

I would only use it to pick up the ladies. Don't give it to me.

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby SortaCreative » Sep 24, '14, 6:14 pm

What am I saying. Give it to me Tim, the ladies need me. Don't deprive them any longer dammit. You monster!

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Str8Shooter » Sep 24, '14, 6:41 pm

SortaCreative wrote:What am I saying. Give it to me Tim, the ladies need me. Don't deprive them any longer dammit. You monster!

The "Last Big Daddy" Returneth!! :tim

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Westcoastvibes » Sep 24, '14, 8:45 pm

Just a thought, why not just have one person to handle social media? They could start off by posting the best topic of the day from each sub on twitter/fb then go from there. If it becomes overwhelming for a single person then start dividing each sub forum to individuals who are willing.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby PorkChop » Sep 25, '14, 12:26 am

Westcoastvibes wrote:Just a thought, why not just have one person to handle social media? They could start off by posting the best topic of the day from each sub on twitter/fb then go from there. If it becomes overwhelming for a single person then start dividing each sub forum to individuals who are willing.

We pretty much already did this.

We need about three people running the account tbh, do we can diversify our conversations. More people = more things to talk about, getting our name out there for more prospective audiences.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Everlong » Sep 25, '14, 7:10 am

Westcoastvibes wrote:Just a thought, why not just have one person to handle social media? They could start off by posting the best topic of the day from each sub on twitter/fb then go from there. If it becomes overwhelming for a single person then start dividing each sub forum to individuals who are willing.

Yeah this would be the best option if we could pay one person to do it full time, but it just becomes overwhelming for one person which is why I think given our situation for now, it's best to have multiple people on board. I'm handling the Facebook because right nwo I'm the only one with access to it, but if we really want to hit Twitter hard we need people to be on there pretty consistently and no single person has enough time throughout the day to make sure we do that.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » Sep 25, '14, 7:56 am

If nobody else is interested or offers to do it, I can handle the NFL/Football. It really isn't much of an issue for me, I'm always on my phone anyway so it is quick and easy.

I could do wrestling/WWE, but I would likely ever only do live tweeting during PPVs. I don't bother with RAW, but I could certainly switch over to the show real quick and see what is going on at the moment and send out a quick couple of tweets about it. However, I am so disinterested in 90% of the WWE's product I would prefer not to do it... unless it's NXT :D

But, to help this site, I certainly would.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Viazon » Sep 25, '14, 1:54 pm

I barely remember to manage my own Twitter account. However, I can promise to start making more tweets during specific events, urging people to visit the site. I did it during the champions league games last week and someone liked it and I think even retweeted it. I'll try to remember to do that as much as I possibly can to do my part.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Sep 25, '14, 2:08 pm

A very good idea to give a selected group of people handling of Twitter. I use it more than ever due to work and just am enjoying using it on a personal level.

We've got some sections of the forum that would be useful to discuss on Twitter (such as TV/Music/Gaming) additional to the ones Tim mentioned. [tweet]NoDQ[/tweet] for example offers interesting views on film/TV and also politics. @SlightlyJames posts a fair amount in gaming etc - it'd be good to channel some of these guys onto Twitter to engage in popular conversations to those topics. I think Porky/Prophet were doing a good job with the soccer tweets - I wouldn't overly object to posting on soccer, cricket, golf etc for the PTF Twitter.

Another idea is to interact with others through hashtags - if there's an opinion out there you see that's funny, challenging or out-right ridiculous, get tweeting or re-tweeting. People will raise an eyebrow as to who has RT'd them and come across our forum and more importantly - join!

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Everlong » Sep 29, '14, 11:24 am

So we've got @Messiah. Anyone else interested?

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby Kirbi » Sep 29, '14, 12:04 pm

Sorry, I don't even have an account. Also, I don't follow any of those things enough to do that.

Why am I here?

Kirbi None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 11

Postby Westcoastvibes » Sep 29, '14, 9:24 pm

I don't know a fucking thing about twitter besides it's limited to a certain number of characters, hash tags somehow get tracked for popularity and it's somehow a marketing tool.

FB, I update my status like once every three months so doing a multiple per day scenario is out.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby PorkChop » Sep 30, '14, 5:14 am

I'll take it back up again. That way we'll have EPL and MMA posts covered at least.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Return to Forum Info and Discussion