It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 3:47 am

I had this idea in regards to our direction

This is the forum where admin/moderator announcements and any discussion about the forums should take place.

I had this idea in regards to our direction

Postby PorkChop » Oct 17, '13, 4:53 pm

Over the last couple of days I've been thinking about the direction in which we're going to take this board. The idea of a combat sports theme wasn't treated with a great response, but neither was the idea of us becoming another WWE board. All ideas so far have been quite divisive - some people like WWE but not combat sports, some people like combat sports but not WWE, and some people like neither. So, I've been thinking over the past couple of days about how to get over this problem. Essentially, what do we all have in common here?

I then thought it might be worth considering becoming a general men's interests site. The board here is predominantly male, with the exception of one or two female posters. It's something that unites 98% of the posters here. Many of our topics in the short time we've been here have been about video games, sports, girls/relationships, TV, and the occasional thread about jobs or work - stereotypically, very masculine interests - which is to be expected with so many male posters here. So, instead of going off in another direction, would it not be better to simply build upon what we've already got going here?

I'm really hoping to get some feedback on this, as I do think it's a good idea. What do you think?

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Re: I had this idea in regards to our direction

Postby Viazon » Oct 17, '13, 4:57 pm

Sounds like a good idea to me. I'm guessing as long as there are more who go online every day, which there is, then I guess we will always be attracting members. I think the one thing we would do is to make sure to still make females welcome. As you said, we already have a couple of female members and we would have to make sure they still feel welcome.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 244

Postby UTK » Oct 17, '13, 4:59 pm

The board theme is sausage fest?

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby PorkChop » Oct 17, '13, 5:04 pm

UTK wrote:The board theme is sausage fest?

Well, yeah, though we can't make fun. We all signed up to WWE-Club - a forum discussing a soap opera featuring half naked, oiled up men grappling one another.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby UTK » Oct 17, '13, 5:14 pm

PorkChop wrote:

Well, yeah, though we can't make fun. We all signed up to WWE-Club - a forum discussing a soap opera featuring half naked, oiled up men grappling one another.

Hey, Tommy Dreamer wore a shirt.

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Headlesspete » Oct 17, '13, 5:48 pm

:lol

I think that is probably the most common theme among us, so why not?

Headlesspete None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 61

Postby SlightlyJames » Oct 17, '13, 8:00 pm

As long as we can still have the black and hot pink colour scheme we mentioned in the design thread.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby Everlong » Oct 17, '13, 9:33 pm

SlightlyJames wrote:As long as we can still have the black and hot pink colour scheme we mentioned in the design thread.

^^he approves

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby HFX » Oct 18, '13, 12:18 am

I'm not kidding, I was serious about the matte black design with hot pink accents.

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 43

Postby iMike » Oct 18, '13, 12:23 am

I'd be down for a man's club.

iMike Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 15

Postby Kyle » Oct 18, '13, 4:13 am

I like it. And I like UTK's wit.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 7

Postby Locke » Oct 18, '13, 4:21 am

Instead of The Man Show, it's The Man Club (Ladies Welcomed).

I diggit.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby VaderBomb » Oct 18, '13, 10:33 am

I like it, but we should be sure to keep all of the sub forums like TV and Movies, WWE, TNA, Sports, etc. Perhaps even creating separate sub-forums for each specific sport?

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby Everlong » Oct 18, '13, 11:11 am

I said this in the mods forum already, but I think this is probably the best idea we've had yet. It's specific enough where it'd be easy to market, but general enough where it covers all of our interests. We are kind of alienating the female crowd but, considering we only have two female members of this board anyway (:lol), that's probably not much of a concern, and they're more than welcome here.

VaderBomb wrote:I like it, but we should be sure to keep all of the sub forums like TV and Movies, WWE, TNA, Sports, etc. Perhaps even creating separate sub-forums for each specific sport?

Yeah, we'll be holding on to all of the subforums for sure. Not sure what we'd be doing for specific sports, but I think we can at least expect some kind of rearrangement to happen. Once we get on our own domain and hosting and we have our own unique design, that'll be when the forum arrangement changes occur.

I'd still probably stick with having general discussion right on top of the forum, because I want to keep the atmosphere we've got going right now that feels like a bunch of friends just shooting the shit with each other.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Hanley! » Oct 18, '13, 11:54 am

People said that sports was too broad before, is this not even broader? I would have thought that it would be hard to advertise. There are a couple of very big sites catering to that crowd already. Men make up 49% of the world's population and probably a lot more when it comes to people you'll find online so at least there's a market for it, but I'm concerned that the club could get lost in the shuffle.

I would approve of testing it out though, provided the site doesn't turn into Nuts magazine or something. :lol I'm not a very manly man, all things being honest. I like girls and all, but I don't care that much about sports, I prefer cocktails to beer and who gives a thundering fuck about cars?

Still though, it might be worth a shot. At least it's something that most people here have in common.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby PorkChop » Oct 18, '13, 11:57 am

Hanley! wrote:People said that sports was too broad before, is this not even broader? I would have thought that it would be hard to advertise. There are a couple of very big sites catering to that crowd already. Men make up 49% of the world's population and probably a lot more when it comes to people you'll find online so at least there's a market for it, but I'm concerned that the club could get lost in the shuffle.

I would approve of testing it out though, provided the site doesn't turn into Nuts magazine or something. :lol I'm not a very manly man, all things being honest. I like girls and all, but I don't care that much about sports, I prefer cocktails to beer and who gives a thundering fuck about cars?

Still though, it might be worth a shot. At least it's something that most people here have in common.

There are still other aspects basically every man would be able to discuss though - grooming, fashion, hobbies, work/careers, relationships, finances, health and fitness, loads more.

It's broad, but I'd say it was a good type of broad.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby Twister » Oct 19, '13, 12:54 pm

I'm not totally opposed to the idea. Although I do worry that I may feel alienated (not by intention), but of course I am the minority and if that's the direction the forum is headed then so be it, you gotta do what you gotta do. I'm sure i'll be sticking around regardless because it's really fun reading threads and talking to you guys. Provided, as Hanley said it doesn't turn into Nuts magazine :lol

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby Everlong » Oct 19, '13, 1:42 pm

Twister wrote:I'm not totally opposed to the idea. Although I do worry that I may feel alienated (not by intention), but of course I am the minority and if that's the direction the forum is headed then so be it, you gotta do what you gotta do. I'm sure i'll be sticking around regardless because it's really fun reading threads and talking to you guys. Provided, as Hanley said it doesn't turn into Nuts magazine :lol

I can promise you that nobody will alienate you, because you're awesome and we want you around.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Buck » Oct 19, '13, 6:24 pm

I can turn female if it helps.

The Artist Formerly Known As Supakilla13.

Joined WWE-Club on September 10, 2003.

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A.
Buck Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 26

Postby Hanley! » Oct 20, '13, 4:35 am

^^ Worth a try, I suppose. :P

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Next

Return to Forum Info and Discussion