It is currently: May 06, '24, 2:35 pm

What kind of club are we?

This is the forum where admin/moderator announcements and any discussion about the forums should take place.

What's our angle, the pitch, the play?

We should remain WWE dedicated.
9%
Let's go for Pro-Wrestling in general.
17%
Boxing for sure.
No votes
MMA is the new cash cow.
No votes
Let's focus on all combat sports (wrestling, boxing, MMA, etc.)
57%
We'd be better off NFL related.
9%
Let's do NBA.
No votes
How about MLB?
No votes
Why not hockey?
No votes
I have a better plan (you post below).
9%

Total votes : 23

Re: What kind of club are we?

Postby PorkChop » Oct 16, '13, 12:15 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:I don't think MMA (the UFC anyway) is as popular as it was a few years ago. I don't see nearly as much mainstream coverage of it and I think the ridiculous number of cards has turned some people off of it. UFC has plateaued, still popular, but I don't see it growing much bigger than it is right now.

Even the current members of this site, how many would consider themselves UFC or MMA fans? Myself I'm at best a casual watcher. And the MMA threads on the old Club didn't exactly get huge responses. If we were to make this site focused on something, I would say it should be on something that the people already here could contribute a lot too. If we're a Combat Sports forum and there's next to no threads or discussion about Combat Sports, why would anyone see it and join?

You have to keep in mind that it was a WWE forum though. Chances are, a fan of MMA isn't too likely to be a huge fan of WWE, too. There are some, but not many. I don't think MMA has plateaued at all - its growth isn't as fast as it was a few years ago, but that doesn't mean it isn't still growing.

I think it'd be smart at least aiming for a decent amount of MMA Discussion - the only main MMA forum on the internet is Sherdog, which has a fucking awful community - easily the worst I've seen. Quite a few people are likely to be put off signing up for Sherdog due to this (I know I am). However, as we pride ourselves on a good community here, we might attract those people here instead. As for a ridiculous number of UFC cards, I agree - but that would lead to more discussion. People are always going to have different favourites, competing at different times. For a forum, the fact that there's loads of cards is probably a good thing.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 1430

Previous

Return to Forum Info and Discussion