It is currently: May 23, '24, 2:06 am

What's shit?

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

What's shit?

Postby KaiserGlider » Apr 25, '16, 4:02 pm

Vent. What's going really badly in your life right now? What are you pissed off about?

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Re: What's shit?

Postby Hanley! » Apr 25, '16, 4:09 pm

I had a series of long weekends followed by a holiday. Last week was my first full week in work for a while, and this past weekend was my first two day weekend in a while.

The point I'm getting at is this: Mondays. Mondays are shit.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby Twister » Apr 25, '16, 4:28 pm

Yesterday was the first anniversary of my granddads passing, can't believe how fast the year has gone. Seems like only a few weeks ago I got the call in the middle of the night telling me he'd gone.

My kids are really pushing me to the limit at the moment. Eldest is 3 and spends 80% of her time being completely irrational and unreasonable. The youngest, 11months is going through a clingy stage where only I will suffice. This evening whilst preparing dinner they were both in tears, partner was doing his best to diffuse the situation. I wanted to run away. Between them both I don't get 5 minutes to myself. Housework is suffering as a result and I'm losing my mind. Moral of the story: if you want a tidy home and time to your self do not breed. Fortunately they have their good moments which makes it all worth it, like bedtime.

Our tumble dryer conked out so we've had to fork out on a new one. Earlier in the year the dishwasher broke and needed replacing and we also upgraded our fridge as it was too small for our needs. Good job we have a small amount of savings to cover all this stuff, however rather than spending the money on white goods appliances I would prefer to put the money towards something a little less boring.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby VaderBomb » Apr 25, '16, 4:29 pm

Hanley! wrote:I had a series of long weekends followed by a holiday. Last week was my first full week in work for a while, and this past weekend was my first two day weekend in a while.

The point I'm getting at is this: Mondays. Mondays are shit.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby Circled Square » Apr 25, '16, 4:38 pm

Haven't done anything with that empty room yet. It still bothers me.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby PorkChop » Apr 25, '16, 4:58 pm

They're remaking Jumanji.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby KaiserGlider » Apr 25, '16, 5:33 pm

Hanley! wrote:The point I'm getting at is this: Mondays. Mondays are shit.

Mondays actually tend to be the best days of my work week, because I'm well rested and more enthusiastic/productive. Towards Wednesday-Thursday I start feeling the grind.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Postby Hanley! » Apr 25, '16, 5:54 pm

KaiserGlider wrote:Mondays actually tend to be the best days of my work week, because I'm well rested and more enthusiastic/productive. Towards Wednesday-Thursday I start feeling the grind.

I'm naturally a night person, so my body clock always drifts out of sync over the weekend. Usually I get myself back on track for the working week by not getting enough sleep on Sunday night. So I'm not always so well rested on Mondays. :P

Mostly it's just the weekend being over that sucks though. Wednesday is actually the worst day to go into work for me. And most people I'd reckon.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby DBSoT » Apr 25, '16, 5:59 pm

Fecal matter, that is what's shit.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Westcoastvibes » Apr 25, '16, 8:17 pm

Money, money is shit. All we do is consume it at copious rates or flush it away down the toilet.

I wish i had lots and lots of shit

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby ChrisCrossed » Apr 25, '16, 11:51 pm

My depression is back in full swing if that counts.

ChrisCrossed Male
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 9

Postby BrautFan » Apr 26, '16, 12:55 pm

Being completely alien to a work group and knowing full-well I'm in the wrong area, position, and place in the time space continuum. With said workgroup, having to set boundaries that should have been learned in at least Grade 1. Also, shitty, infrequent dates with morons who have nothing of any relevance to share.

This is a negative thread. I propose someone make the positive one, about what is going well.

EDIT: My bad, there is one. Sorry. I try not to delve too far into this pit, er, I mean forum.

BrautFan None specified
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 11

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Apr 26, '16, 2:16 pm

Yup, Mondays are shit expect this upcoming one when it's Bank Holiday and I can have a lie-in!

But on the thread, feel incredibly shit atm. Not enjoying life personally or professionally. For someone, home or work life provides relief or a change of environment from the other but atm, I don't get any sort of change in either. I kinda wish I had my old life back, by old life, I mean, pre-wedding life!

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Return to The Pub