It is currently: May 05, '24, 9:32 pm

Life is brutal sometimes

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

Life is brutal sometimes

Postby PorkChop » Apr 10, '16, 12:10 pm

My girlfriend's older sister bought an Audi TT yesterday for £3800, after saving up for one for the past few years. She took me for a spin in it yesterday and it was great, easily the nicest car I've ever been in. The acceleration was crazy, it was gliding down roads so smoothly and also had some nice interior features like heated seats and an interactive dashboard. I'm not big on cars, but it was pretty nice. She was talking to me about how she's so glad that she's finally got the car of her dreams and how everything in her life is great right now.

I was having dinner with them earlier, some kid knocked on the door and said he'd hit it. We went outside to check the damage, and it's totally ruined. The driver's side door is caved in, the chassis is wrecked, and bits of the car were strewn all over the road. I'm 100% sure it's just going to be written off, as the damage was crazy. The guy said he'd just passed his driving test, was going around a nearby roundabout and just lost control. He said there was a huge bang and he just couldn't steer anymore. His front wheels were pointing opposite ways, so it seems there was a mechanical fault with his axels which caused him to lose control and crash.

It's a horrible situation for all involved. She had the car for less than 24 hours and now it's completely ruined, and some kid who had just passed his test is going to have to pay extortionate insurance fees from now on. You always hear about these shitty situations happening to someone else, but you never think it'll be you or someone close to you. Life is crazy sometimes.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Re: Life is brutal sometimes

Postby The Legend » Apr 10, '16, 1:39 pm

That sucks.

As for the story, I seriously question the kid's claim about a bang and then couldn't steer any more. It sounds like he probably broke his axel after he crashed the car. It's the much more believable resolution.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Apr 10, '16, 2:11 pm

That does suck. Hopefully his insurance should pay for it though? It's a big inconvenience either way, but I would think that she should at least be able to get it resolved without it affecting her insurance premiums going forward.

And if insurance over there is anything like it is over here, young males have to pay pretty extorionate premiums no matter what!

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Apr 10, '16, 3:49 pm

Not knowledgeable on cars but Audi's are nice cars, drive smoothly and must be gutting for her if she's worked so hard for that goal. Did no-one hear the crash when it happened?

I'd imagine her insurance will go up even though (which is shit but that seems to be what's happening these days that the victims are having their premiums bumped up) it wasn't her fault and so should his.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Daz » Apr 11, '16, 2:04 am

Horrible situation for all involved. Feel bad for the guy that crashed. Not only is he fucked on insurance but I imagine something like this will severely dent his confidence on the road.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby PorkChop » Apr 11, '16, 4:18 am

The insurance should sort it, but it's still a shit situation. I doubt she'll be able to find another TT as good as that was for the same price anytime soon.

I have no idea what happened with the guy's wheels. His wheels could've disjointed after the crash and he could be trying to cover for himself, I really don't know. There's a petrol station nearby which might have it on CCTV, which could show if there was actually a fault with his car or whether he was just speeding and lost control. People speed a lot outside my girlfriend's house (some guy rolled his car outside a few weeks ago) and as he's just passed his test, he could've been ragging it around and crashed. We didn't hear a crash though, which is quite surprising given the damage to both cars involved.

I dread to think what his insurance will be now. He's 17, just passed his test, and has written off a sports car. It would probably put me off driving for life.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Postby The Legend » Apr 11, '16, 5:25 am

Bigger question than insurance, if he were in America and it was deemed his fault and not mechanical error, he'd probably lose his license until he was 18, any chance of that happening to him?

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Kreashko » Jun 20, '16, 8:50 pm

Dang. Talk about a crap situation.

As for life being brutal, tell me about it. I was homeless for a little while while having TWO jobs. Crap will be crap sometimes. :(

Kreashko Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 45

Postby EmperorWu » Jun 21, '16, 5:15 am

Kreashko wrote:Dang. Talk about a crap situation.

As for life being brutal, tell me about it. I was homeless for a little while while having TWO jobs. Crap will be crap sometimes. :(

That sucks brother, I hope you are doing better.

This is kind of a tangent but it really pisses me off when people demonize the homeless or even consider them subhuman (Yes I have met people who legitimately believed that). There are a ton of good people who ran into bad luck and ended up in that position, even people with jobs like yourself. Not every homeless person is a lazy drug addict who 100 percent put themselves in that situation on their own. Mostly I just get annoyed by the complete lack of human empathy some people have. You don't have to help them, but you don't have to treat people in that position with complete disdain. I just don't get it. Sorry homeless people have to exist anywhere in your vicinity, that must be such a fucking burden for you. /rant

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby VaderBomb » Jun 21, '16, 5:48 am

Feel ya, brother. Back in 2009 in the winter I was homeless while working 40 hours each week.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby Kreashko » Jan 14, '17, 4:13 pm

VaderBomb wrote:

Feel ya, brother. Back in 2009 in the winter I was homeless while working 40 hours each week.

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm glad you're doing better now. ^.^

Kreashko Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

Topics: 45

Return to The Pub