It is currently: Mar 29, '24, 9:50 am

What happens when you die?

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

What happens when you die?

Postby War Daddy » Jan 30, '16, 11:08 pm

Any theories for you guys? What do you think, complete nothingness or vast heavens? Discuss.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 122

Re: What happens when you die?

Postby EmperorWu » Jan 31, '16, 3:53 am

My idea on it honestly is that I don't know, and I don't care. At all. I feel that as a person you need to focus on being the best person you can be. What happens after is uncontrollable, unknowable, and therefore inconsequential. Instead of focusing on what happens when I die, I focus on what to do with the life I have. For me that's trying to not waste too many opportunities, and potential. But most importantly I try to be a positive and grateful person, and to be good to the people in my life, whether they are family or people I meet in passing. I'm not saying I succeed at being the best me, it is just important to me that I always try.

I'm not trying to suggest we shouldn't discuss this, I am very interested to hear what everyone's theories are. But my answer to the question is I don't think about it, nor do I care what will happen to me when I die.

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby SortaCreative » Jan 31, '16, 7:36 am

You dead.

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Hanley! » Jan 31, '16, 3:00 pm

I believe that when you die, you're just gone. Nothing comes after that. The world keeps on spinning, but you're not a part of it anymore. It's a bit of a downer, but it's what I believe.

I do like to think that's not all there is to it though. Sometimes I think about what could come next. I don't actually believe any of it, but it's nice to imagine something better, and it's always good to have a certain level of hope.

If I'm imagining what I would like to happen after death, it invariably involves some kind of reincarnation. I don't want perfection, and I don't want eternity. The idea of a heaven is strange and off-putting to me. I enjoy life. I like the idea of having a new one after I pass away. But I don't want anything more than that, or different to that.

The idea of returning to the earth appeals to me in a way, as I can imagine that the atoms that once made up me are pulled into other living things, and somehow some version of my consciousness lives on or is reborn. I also like the idea that part of us somehow lives on through our children and their children after them ... and in a way that's not entirely metaphorical.

Recently I had a weird thought about life perhaps being like a video game. If you die, you go back to the start as if none of it had ever happened and try again. Or a new game is put in, and you live out a new life in a whole different world.

None of this is anything I actually believe in. But I dunno ... it's fun to think about.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby ShaneOfan » Jan 31, '16, 7:50 pm

I don't believe in a hell. I think everyone who dies be they jew, gentile, or atheist goes to heaven. That is God's gift to the world. That is his true love. God won't punish you for not loving your neighbor, or for not loving yourself. He doesn't care that you don't love him. God loves you and that's all that matters.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby War Daddy » Jan 31, '16, 9:30 pm

ShaneOfan wrote:I don't believe in a hell. I think everyone who dies be they jew, gentile, or atheist goes to heaven. That is God's gift to the world. That is his true love. God won't punish you for not loving your neighbor, or for not loving yourself. He doesn't care that you don't love him. God loves you and that's all that matters.

Hitler was just misunderstood man.

Anyways, I like to think of it like birth. You didnt exist before it, you wont exist after death, physically. In terms of the soul, I like lots of theories. I like the idea of being added back into the Universe, I like the idea of being possibly reborn with a clean slate. I'd like the idea of heaven(if i ever believe in it). I like to hold onto the thought of possibly seeing everyone Ive lost over the years again. From friends to family to just acquaintances, some good people in there that when dying, just to think they're gone for eternity, sucks. Gotta be something, somewhere. If not, oh well we did the damn thing :lol

Any others?

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author
Topics: 122

Postby UTK » Jan 31, '16, 10:16 pm

I'll echo everyone else. Nothing.

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Kreashko » Jun 20, '16, 9:22 pm

I believe good people go to heaven and bad people go to hell.

Kreashko Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 45

Postby Circled Square » Jun 20, '16, 9:33 pm

You transfer to the universe where Hitler won

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 209

Postby Kein » Jun 20, '16, 10:12 pm

Hard to say. I don't believe in a heaven or hell per se, but due to law of conservation of energy and how our bodies are full of that, I don't know what happens to it. I'd like to think it's a soul and it goes somewhere, and maybe not which are ghosts. But I really think it's just nothingness.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 15

Return to The Pub