It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 7:11 pm

What do you want for Christmas?

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

What do you want for Christmas?

Postby PorkChop » Nov 23, '15, 1:16 pm

Now I'm at the ripe old age of 24, I've started caring less and less about receiving gifts and find greater pleasure in buying for people. However, it's always nice to receive something.

I'm hoping for little things - socks, deodorant, and maybe a book or two. Fairly boring, but they'll each add to my life in some way and they're all fairly cheap.

What are you hoping foe this year?

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Re: What do you want for Christmas?

Postby War Daddy » Nov 23, '15, 2:32 pm

Millions of dollars,millions of dollars.

But seriously, I just ask for cash to get ahead on the bank account. Italian families provide greatly.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 122

Postby UTK » Nov 23, '15, 2:42 pm

Money. Sweaters. Socks. An authentic replica of Anakin/Luke's lightsaber. You know, the usual stuff.

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Nov 23, '15, 3:32 pm

PorkChop wrote:Now I'm at the ripe old age of 24

:vince3

Maybe it's me hoping everyone is at my depressing age of 29 and please tell me this isn't correct. Please?

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Westcoastvibes » Nov 23, '15, 6:10 pm

AkydefGoldberg wrote:

:vince3

Maybe it's me hoping everyone is at my depressing age of 29 and please tell me this isn't correct. Please?

Ive been 29 for 5 years now :crybaby

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby SortaCreative » Nov 24, '15, 6:18 am

fuck you

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54

Postby PorkChop » Nov 24, '15, 6:49 am

:lol

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Postby SlightlyJames » Nov 24, '15, 7:08 am

If it makes you guys feel better I'm 22.

All I want is a nice dinner and something good on the telly. So it's not that different from any other day tbh.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby JPG619 » Nov 27, '15, 11:08 pm

Well I am in my early 30 so never really wanted something for Christmas since I was done high school. I just normally let people get me what they think I would like.

However my former co-worker and now great friend always goes overboard for gifts. New spends way to much on me however I saved up some cash for his year so he going to expect something really nice from me.

But the best gift of them all is just being with family and friends and share dinner and do what ever with them is all I really wanted

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Postby UTK » Nov 30, '15, 7:55 pm

JPG619 wrote:However my former co-worker and now great friend always goes overboard for gifts. New spends way to much on me however I saved up some cash for his year so he going to expect something really nice from me.

I love people like that. I have a friend that I've known since my early days in college, and every year she'd get me something really great/thoughtful for Christmas and my birthday. Never expected anyone to match her either, though many have tried.

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59

Postby Twister » Dec 03, '15, 5:20 am

I actually can't think of anything I really want this Christmas, I know I'm getting a new dressing gown and some clothes which I have picked out, I'm looking forward to getting those. But I'm looking forward to giving gifts more than receiving, I've got some (what I think are) nice surprises lined up and I can't wait to give them. My eldest daughter is now at an age where she understands the concept of Christmas and presents more so I'm really looking forward to seeing the excitement on her face in the run up to Christmas and on Christmas morning.

Not long to go now!

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby Everlong » Dec 06, '15, 10:04 am

There's a few games I want to get but otherwise I really don't have a whole lot of room to put more stuff in my place, especially after wedding gifts :lol I guess I'd like gift cards or something that allow us to go out to nice restaurants or do other stuff around town.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Hanley! » Dec 06, '15, 10:48 am

There are a bunch of things I'd like. I've got far too many hobbies and interests as it is, so I reckon I'm easy enough to shop for. There are loads novels, graphic novels, board games, clothes, tickets, etc. that I'd really like to get at the moment. I don't think there's any one thing that I'm either expecting or hoping for this year. I just want everything to add up to a nice little haul. :P

I enjoy buying presents for people more than receiving them probably. Because I like putting in the effort and trying to think of things that people would really enjoy. I spend quite an amount of time on Christmas shopping each year. I'm getting a later start than usual this year because of the wedding, but I'm starting to get excited about it now.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Kreashko » Jun 20, '16, 9:34 pm

Last year (2015) I really wanted a PS4. I didn't get a PS4...until income tax time (February). Instead, I got awesome DVDs from my childhood that I was indeed missing in my life.

But yeah, each year Christmas is becoming less and less of a "thing". It's sad when you think about it...

Kreashko Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 45

Postby Kein » Jun 20, '16, 10:09 pm

For other people in my family to fucking buy gifts so I am not the only one spreading the love. Last time I didn't no one got shit and it was a little sad.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 15

Postby EmperorWu » Jun 21, '16, 5:35 am

I don't care about receiving gifts anymore. I'm just happy to enjoy the company of my family/friends. I actually dislike receiving gifts. I feel bad because I just don't want anything, or need anything. I feel like my family's money could have gone to better use than being wasted on me. But I'm a hypocrite, I find it much easier to spend my money on others, even if it's shit they don't really need.

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby VaderBomb » Jun 21, '16, 5:41 am

Socks. They're the only objects that I want and I never receive them as gifts. haha

I'm much more of a giver than a receiver. I play the role of "sock Santa" throughout the year for many of my friends but they've never reciprocated. I don't judge, I just like to see people happy.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Return to The Pub