It is currently: May 23, '24, 5:28 am

New years' resolutions

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

New years' resolutions

Postby PorkChop » Dec 03, '13, 2:25 pm

I know no one keeps them anyway, but let's be optimistic here :lol

My two are pretty achievable, so I don't really have any excuses if I don't keep them. The first resolution of mine is to watch my money a bit more. I'll be graduating university soon and I'm pretty likely to be unemployed for quite a while as I search for work. I'm hardly loaded with cash as it is, so I'll have to stay on top of my finances.

Secondly, I would like to get a First Aid qualification. It's obviously a great qualification to have and would look great to potential employers. I haven't looked into it as of yet, but it's been something I've wanted to do for a while.

What about you?

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Re: New years' resolutions

Postby Settee » Dec 03, '13, 3:07 pm

Well mine was gonna be quit smoking, but since I already quit smoking last week, I really don't know what it will be now.

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 49

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Dec 03, '13, 3:27 pm

Mine has been one I've said for ages (even when I was thin as fuck) but even moreso now that I've piled on the weight. Get rid of it! I started to do this start of this year, but after a week's worth of running the snow fucking came and then I lost my focus. But I'm 27, near marriage age so can't pull a bird with a belly round my waist.

Secondly, to continue doing my volunteering. My fourth week already and enjoying it so hopefully it pays dividends in some way.

Other resolutions come to mind, i.e get a job etc but the two above seem more achieveable.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby HFX » Dec 03, '13, 3:48 pm

My goal is the same as the last couple years. Continue to lose weight and make better life choices. Eat better, drink less, get active. I should be getting a physical job and I'm going to do my best to join my brothers rugby club so that should help. With the pay I can afford to get good local food instead of cheaper crap like ramen. I also want to boost my confidence so I can be confident around women(don't we all) and find someone to love me :lol

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 43

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Dec 03, '13, 5:17 pm

HFX wrote: I also want to boost my confidence so I can be confident around women(don't we all) and find someone to love me :lol

Awww, me too man. Here's to success in the ladies department for 2014! If not, then single life is cool (you can check out how many ladies you eyes wish ;))

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Viazon » Dec 03, '13, 5:25 pm

Get in better shape. The same resolution I have every year.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby Westcoastvibes » Dec 03, '13, 9:34 pm

I have 2 major ones
1. Stop smoking - I hate that I smoke but because of the stress related with my next one I just can't bring myself to stop
2. Become financially secure (for the most part anyways). For the past 3-4 years we have been living paycheck to paycheck, juggling bills and sacrificing the little things that bring joy to life like a night out with friends or a date night at a descent restaurant. I want to be able to go out with the wife or not stress about what bills are do when I need a new pair of boots or tires for the car.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby SlightlyJames » Dec 03, '13, 9:39 pm

Find a new job, get my fat ass to the gym and finally learn how to drive.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby blackparade » Dec 04, '13, 2:44 am

I don't make resolutions due to the stress that comes with keeping one, but I told myself for years that I won't turn 30 and be overweight. Well I turn 29 in January, so the clock's ticking. I've gotta get moving on this or else I never will. I hope to hell I can pull it off.

blackparade Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 1

Postby Viazon » Dec 04, '13, 6:30 pm

I actually have one I am going to try and keep. Learn Italian.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Matteo » Dec 05, '13, 12:19 am

Viazon wrote:I actually have one I am going to try and keep. Learn Italian.

I have promised myself to do this every year for the past ten years.

Nothing so far.

Matteo Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 195

Postby Twister » Dec 05, '13, 3:41 am

I probably won't keep it but I want to get back down to my pre-pregnancy weight. My main problem is sticking with something whether that be a diet plan, exercise plan or both. Hopefully I can keep my motivation to finally start losing some weight.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby Hanley! » Dec 05, '13, 3:44 pm

I'm not particularly unhappy with my weight, I could stand to lose a few pounds but it's nothing that I'd be making a resolution about. But I'm probably going in for surgery next year and the doctor said it'd be beneficial to lose a bit beforehand, so I've already signed up to a gym and changed my eating somewhat. It's a pain in the ass, particularly coming up to Christmas, but I'm going to try and stick at it going into the new year.

Also, I want to get promoted this year, or get a better job. I'm going to do what I can to make that happen.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Viazon » Dec 06, '13, 5:25 am

NoDQ wrote:
Viazon wrote:I actually have one I am going to try and keep. Learn Italian.

I have promised myself to do this every year for the past ten years.

Nothing so far.

I think it's time I do it. I work in a place with lots of other different nationalities who speak their own languages and they all think it's weird that I don't speak Italian. Granted, they actually grew up in their own countries and I actually grew up in England, but still, it would be nice to learn it. I actually have a disc for my computer to learn but have never gotten around to using it.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Return to The Pub