It is currently: Mar 29, '24, 2:10 am

HAPPY HALLOWEEEEEEEN

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

HAPPY HALLOWEEEEEEEN

Postby VaderBomb » Oct 31, '15, 8:08 am

Today is my favorite day of the year.

I'm huge horror movie fan and Autumn is my favorite season, so I hope all of you have a spooky day like mine! I passed out candy to trick or treaters last year and now I'm addicted. I paid off one of my co-workers (an old stoner) with some free weed so that I could take the night off and do it again this year. Come tonight I'm throwing a costume party in the backyard.

What are you doing today/tonight?

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 177

Re: HAPPY HALLOWEEEEEEEN

Postby Everlong » Oct 31, '15, 8:10 am

Some of my friends and I are having a pumpkin carving case race. You get points for finishing your case first, and points for carving the best pumpkin, and points for havnig the best costume. Aggregate scoring determines the winner. It'll be pretty fun!

Wife and I are the judges, so we're dressing as referees.

We had a horror movie marathon last week, which was a ton of fun, saw some horror movies I'd never seen before like The Babadook, Scream, Nightmare on Elm Street and It Follows (which I had seen, but we watched anyway).

Also today a local brewery is doing a release event for its 13.5 percent russian imperial stout, called Witchcraft. So I'm going to that.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby Hanley! » Oct 31, '15, 9:34 am

Kids never come to our house, cos we're kinda tucked out of the way of the main street. So every year we get candy to give out to the kids and then have to eat it ourselves. So I made sure I got something I really like this year. :P

We're just taking it easy today. People dressed up in work yesterday though, and we did pumpkin carving earlier in the week. We watched Return to Oz which was one of the creepier movies that I used to watch as a kid. October is just Halloween season for me. I often don't go out of my way to do anything particularly Halloweeny on the 31st, because I tend to spread it out all through the month.

Now that Tim reminded me, I might watch The Babadook later, as I've been meaning to watch it and I think it's up on Netflix now.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby VaderBomb » Oct 31, '15, 9:51 am

Hanley! wrote:October is just Halloween season for me. I often don't go out of my way to do anything particularly Halloweeny on the 31st, because I tend to spread it out all through the month.

I hear ya, dude. My Halloween celebrations usually go from mid September to Thanksgiving. :lol

I made a deal with my girlfriend that for every five episodes of The Walking Dead that I watch (one of her favorite shows that she's been trying to convince me to watch for months), that she has to watch two horror films of my choosing. Pretty good deal for her considering she loves horror just as much as I do.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby flock u » Oct 31, '15, 10:49 am

My wife has to work unfortunately(She's an ER Nurse and Cast technician) so it will just be me and our two little angels. Going to take them Trick or Treating for the first time. Then after they are in bed going to start my Annual Halloween Tradition of Watching Phantasm 1-4 in a row :)

flock u Male
Jobber
Jobber

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 3

Postby VaderBomb » Oct 31, '15, 1:08 pm

flock u wrote:My wife has to work unfortunately(She's an ER Nurse and Cast technician) so it will just be me and our two little angels. Going to take them Trick or Treating for the first time. Then after they are in bed going to start my Annual Halloween Tradition of Watching Phantasm 1-4 in a row :)

Awesome.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Oct 31, '15, 2:56 pm

Not a Halloween fan sadly, luckily it's been a quiet night, hardly any trickotreaters so a normal Saturday night!

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby EmperorWu » Oct 31, '15, 4:57 pm

Getting drunk with a bunch of co-workers.

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby Matteo » Oct 31, '15, 6:52 pm

All I wanted to do is watch a horror film with my girlfriend, and even that was too much of an ask. She doesn't like horror. Way too susceptible to its content.

Oh, well, at least we had plenty of sex.

Matteo Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 195

Postby Ali » Oct 31, '15, 8:20 pm

I'm just listening to Monster Mash and Thriller on a constant loop. That and candy.

Credit to SKS for the new Waluigi World Order!

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap
  • I WILL KILL EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THIS PRODUCTION

Last movie seen - Inside Out; Rating - Amazingly Awesome
Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 43

Postby Hanley! » Oct 31, '15, 8:59 pm

Ali wrote:I'm just listening to Monster Mash and Thriller on a constant loop. That and candy.

Those were the only Halloween songs that I could come up with too, at first. But I eventually switched it up with some Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack, and the Ghostbusters theme.

Busting makes me feel good.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Ali » Oct 31, '15, 9:02 pm

Hanley! wrote:
Ali wrote:I'm just listening to Monster Mash and Thriller on a constant loop. That and candy.

Those were the only Halloween songs that I could come up with too, at first. But I eventually switched it up with some Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack, and the Ghostbusters theme.

Busting makes me feel good.

Also, "Somebody's Watching Me" by Michael Jackson (with some guy singing the verses), and a personal favorite of mine, "Who Can It Be Now?" by Men At Work.

Credit to SKS for the new Waluigi World Order!

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap
  • I WILL KILL EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THIS PRODUCTION

Last movie seen - Inside Out; Rating - Amazingly Awesome
Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 43

Postby flock u » Nov 01, '15, 8:06 am

Our Halloween was great. Our oldest had a ball trick or treating for the first time :) she dressed up as a little nurse just like Mommy. And then I put her and her little sister to bed and watched Phantasm 1-4. It sucks that my wife had to miss out on everything due to work though :(

flock u Male
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 3

Postby EmperorWu » Nov 01, '15, 11:11 am

Hangover achieved. :facepalm

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Kein » Nov 02, '15, 5:07 pm

I am getting over being sick so I hid and took a nap.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 15

Postby War Daddy » Nov 02, '15, 9:31 pm

The Babadook is fantastic, if you can get past the annoying fuckin twerp.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby Kein » Nov 03, '15, 7:28 pm

I wanted to punch that kid.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 15

Postby EmperorWu » Nov 04, '15, 6:35 am

I think this is perhaps the only movie I've ever seen that seems to encourage you to hate kids. It's like, "Yeah kids are little pieces of shit, don't ever have one."

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Hanley! » Nov 04, '15, 1:40 pm

I felt bad for the kid actually. It was everyone else that bugged me. :P

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Return to The Pub