It is currently: May 01, '24, 2:46 pm

What is something you were super into 10 years ago but have grown out of now?

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

What is something you were super into 10 years ago but have grown out of now?

Postby Everlong » Sep 28, '15, 11:32 am

For some reason the only one coming to mind for me is Green Day :lol

I'll try to think of something outside the realm of music too.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: What is something you were super into 10 years ago but have grown out of now?

Postby SlightlyJames » Sep 28, '15, 11:33 am

Several pairs of jeans, I'd imagine.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 275

Re: What is something you were super into 10 years ago but have grown out of now?

Postby Messiah » Sep 28, '15, 11:58 am

Wrestling, although I guess that has more to do with me being more disinterested in the primary product than growing out of it. I love NXT and enjoy wrestling moments from years past that I re-watch. When WWE is rolling on all cylinders, it's awesome to watch too.

I can't really think of anything else. I still love cartoons, although don't really have time to watch them (don't watch TV in general anymore outside of sports; everything is on demand for me). Maybe candy and sweets and shit like that. Dessert for me nowadays starts and ends at Gummy Worms.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby PorkChop » Sep 28, '15, 12:04 pm

10 years ago I'd just turned 14. Let's have a think:

- Green Day, Limp Bizkit, The Offspring, Nirvana
- Attempting to play guitar
- Attempting to skateboard
- Thinking that the Blade films were actually good films
- Nudging people on MSN Messenger
- Posting shit song lyrics as my status on MSN Messenger
- Generally being a twat on MSN Messenger
- Posting things on social media and actually thinking people cared about what I have to say
- Habbo Hotel
- Chronic masturbation

I've grown out of all of them except for the last one, really.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby VaderBomb » Sep 28, '15, 12:05 pm

Junk food. Family Guy. Burn runs.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby Everlong » Sep 28, '15, 12:55 pm

PorkChop wrote:- Nudging people on MSN Messenger

OH GOD NUDGING THE WORST

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby Everlong » Sep 28, '15, 12:56 pm

Me, @The Crock and @Master of Puppets used to nudge each other until our computers crashed :lol

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby War Daddy » Sep 28, '15, 4:31 pm

WWE-CLUB.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby Twister » Oct 03, '15, 1:51 pm

Football, 10 years ago I was 14 and completely obsessed, it was my life. I played for a local Under 16's girls team and the highlight of my week was going to training and going to the matches. I used to practice every day and I would get really upset if I didn't play a match.

Now I'm very 'meh' about football in general. I stopped playing when I was 16 and I've grown tired of the modern game. I get annoyed at the diving, the greed and the way referees manage to make the wrong decision in almost every game I watch. I pay attention to how my team are doing, where they are in the league etc but I'm not really bothered about watching games on TV or going to them.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Oct 03, '15, 3:51 pm

Twister wrote:Football, 10 years ago I was 14 and completely obsessed, it was my life. I played for a local Under 16's girls team and the highlight of my week was going to training and going to the matches. I used to practice every day and I would get really upset if I didn't play a match.

Now I'm very 'meh' about football in general. I stopped playing when I was 16 and I've grown tired of the modern game. I get annoyed at the diving, the greed and the way referees manage to make the wrong decision in almost every game I watch. I pay attention to how my team are doing, where they are in the league etc but I'm not really bothered about watching games on TV or going to them.

Not interested in the women's game at all?

But for me, I was really into hip-hop, specifically Tupac songs around ten years ago. "Changes" was the first 'Pac song I heard and was gripped by his music, life and his death (still am regards the latter - find the whole subplot of him v Biggie fascinating) but IDK when that faded. Still listen if I'm bored and feel in the mood.

Second would be WWE - was probably around this point ten years ago, that my interest dipped.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Twister » Oct 07, '15, 4:17 am

AkydefGoldberg wrote:Not interested in the women's game at all?

I do take an interest in the Women's game, yes. I just find watching matches in general really quite boring nowadays.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby Kreashko » Jun 21, '16, 6:49 pm

The only thing I can think of wrestling in general. I mean I watch it when I feel like it but back 10 years ago, I was wrestling, wrestling,wrestling 24/7. I watched anything and everything. Its sad too because wrestling is truly what brought us all together in this crazy world called life.

Kreashko Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 45

Postby Str8Shooter » Jun 21, '16, 9:12 pm

Kreashko wrote:The only thing I can think of wrestling in general. I mean I watch it when I feel like it but back 10 years ago, I was wrestling, wrestling,wrestling 24/7. I watched anything and everything. Its sad too because wrestling is truly what brought us all together in this crazy world called life.

You're fantasy booking Ring of Honor on a message board called squared circle. I don't think you can say you've outgrown wrestling.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Westcoastvibes » Jun 21, '16, 9:17 pm

High school, bing drinking, all night partying

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Return to The Pub