It is currently: May 09, '24, 3:29 am

What is there to do in New York/Dallas? (I'M COMING TO AMERICA!!)

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

What is there to do in New York/Dallas? (I'M COMING TO AMERICA!!)

Postby Headlesspete » Aug 31, '15, 2:34 pm

Howdy!

So after years of wanting to do it, today the dream finally became a reality, as me and a friend booked all our hotels and flights for WrestleMania next year. Were staying 8 days in New York, flying over to Dallas for 8 days, and then back to New York for 2 final days before coming home.

Thing is, were not too sure on what we should try and make sure we do while there. Obviously visiting a few buildings like the Statue of Liberty, Empire Sate Building etc, and 6 Flags is close by in Dallas. Plus were gonna do as much wrestling related stuff as we can. But as some of you may be from the area, can anyone give us some tips on where to make sure we visit?

Headlesspete None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 61

Re: What is there to do in New York/Dallas? (I'M COMING TO AMERICA!!)

Postby EmperorWu » Aug 31, '15, 2:51 pm

I have a question for you. Do you already have your hotel booked for Dallas and have your Mania tickets?

I am very seriously considering going by myself, but I don't know if I should try to book a hotel room and book a flight before I get a 'Mania ticket. I'm scared they will sell out before I get a chance to buy a ticket.

Did you buy a package, or is it cheaper to just to do it on your own?

I can't even imagine how much your trip is going to cost.

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby SKS » Aug 31, '15, 3:05 pm

Where in New York will you be staying? I assume Manhattan. But New York state is gigantic. Definitely grab some pizza in NYC. It doesn't really matter where you go. Just don't pick Sbarros or Pizza Hut. :lol Tons of places to shop near Times Square, they have a giant Toys R Us, M&M store, LEGO store, etc. You can even get on the PATH subway train to Hoboken and visit New Jersey if you want. I know, who wants to visit Jersey. Tons of bars and food places in Hoboken though, even have that stupid Cake Boss bakery if you're interested in that kind of thing.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 266

Postby Headlesspete » Aug 31, '15, 3:08 pm

EmperorWu wrote:I have a question for you. Do you already have your hotel booked for Dallas and have your Mania tickets?

I am very seriously considering going by myself, but I don't know if I should try to book a hotel room and book a flight before I get a 'Mania ticket. I'm scared they will sell out before I get a chance to buy a ticket.

Well me and a mate are going, so some costs are split, but the basics of how much i have paid are are follows:

Direct return flights from UK to NYC = £323
Return flights from NYC to Dallas = £102

Hotel 1 in NYC (Long Island) (8 Nights) = £362 Each
Hotel 2 in Dallas (3 miles from City Centre) (8 Nights) = £322 Each
Hotel 3 in NYC (Long Island) (2 Nights) = £147 Each
- Hotel 1 and 3 are the same. We looked at so many hotels, and these are both amazing value, have amazing service and have rating of 4.5 and 4.7 out of 5 on Trivargo.

Overall Cost = £1,256

Bearing in mind that without any added WWE stuff, that's a 3 week holiday in America! We've then put £1,000 aside for WWE events. Something along the lines of £800 for a Mania ticket (as a guide from last year, £800 should get a decent seat) and then a hundred pound for Raw and a hundred for the Hall of Fame.

I'm not worried about actually getting a Mania seat, as they don't sell out until the event. Getting a good seat is obviously a bit harder, but as long as you have your eye on the ball, that should be simple too.

So overall costs minus spending money comes in at somewhere between £2,000 - £2,2000. The travel packages can cost around that much, and that's for 4 nights! Were there for 18! My advice, if you can afford it, book everything on your own, it works out much much cheaper!

Headlesspete None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topic Author
Topics: 61

Postby SKS » Aug 31, '15, 3:11 pm

EmperorWu wrote:I have a question for you. Do you already have your hotel booked for Dallas and have your Mania tickets?

I would say you should definitely book a flight and hotel room before the 'Mania tickets go on sale. The hotel prices will only get higher the closer you get to the 'Mania date. Plus, I really doubt 'Mania is going to sell out. AT&T stadium holds closer to 100,000 seats than any previous venue (and I don't think the stadium 'Manias have truly "sold out"), so I would be very surprised to see you not being able to get tickets.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby EmperorWu » Aug 31, '15, 4:05 pm

Headlesspete wrote:-

What hotel are you staying at in Dallas? I want to check it out.

Or better yet I'll pay you to let me sleep in the closet. :rotf2

Is anyone else going to Mania for sure? I know it's a long shot. :P

I don't even mind too much being alone, although that's kind of boring. But those expenses man, :crybaby I'll figure something out. :headbang

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Return to The Pub