It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 10:55 am

Let's Just Be Honest Here~!™

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

Postby Locke » Aug 22, '15, 11:19 pm

Long story short, back in the day I used to run a few forums I built for big companies/sites. I ran a Squaresoft/Final Fantasy forum (I didn't build it but it taught me "the game" and how to build/manage), and I ran a game making website (focused on indy games back in the late 90's) called Mana Online. Each forum had too many members to really manage (for me). The FF one had over 10k and Mana Online had over 100k, but I picked up a few things on the way. Plus I also ran my own forum (for fun) that was probably, at its peak, 3 times more active than this one is now today, but that's not saying that this forum is inactive.. This forum is HUGE compared to other forums these days because forums are a dying breed thanks to Facebook and Twatter~

Sorry, I'm digressing, let's get to the point.

GAMES. We have no GAMES! So I'm going to post some GAME threads. This encourages replies/responses and makes use of our absolutely useless rep system :P My other game thread will, too, I promise.

OKAY SO~ Here's the game.

You state a single fact that you probably wouldn't say under normal circumstances, and WHOMEVER replies right after you has to give you a positive rep point (amount is up to user, but has to be from 1-10 obviously). They CAN give you 10 points but a minimum of 1. HOWEVER if you are feeling chatty, you can post a MAXIMUM up to THREE truths in one post. If you do that, WHOMEVER replies has to give you 10 rep points automatically. For being ballsy, basically.

The game encourages honesty, funny truths, and reputation spending. Since I brought this up, I'll post first.

1. I like British people more than "Muricans" because a lot of my online friends are British, BUT I hate their Atheism (Brits seem, overall, way more atheist than the US). I also hate that some people here think I hate British people because of that weird fish thread (shellfish? shrimp? I can't fucking remember) when the truth is completely opposite. I prefer the politeness!

2. The new women's movement in WWE makes me feel like a pig because their talent combined with their look (and lack of "plastic") makes me really cartoony-Austin-Powers-ish (randy, baby).

3. I really am glad Tim is running this place instead of me, I got to do a lot of hard work building the place but Tim has to MANAGE IT which can be honestly the worst thing since anthrax/chemical warfare. It's hard, it's thankless, and it's petty. Long LIVE TIM!

So there are three examples of TRUTH that might not make me very popular but it's the game. Whoever responds after me, since I posted three, has to donate 10 points of rep. Others can donate reps just cuz, but the game costs 10 rep points to respond after a 3 truther. A one truther is just one point to respond.

I hope that's clear and I hope it sounds fun to you guys! I'm doing my best to encourage posts. Tim is running a site that is fucking GOOD, guys, but he's a busy man and about to get married. Let's be active as fuck and make this place huge for his benefit! The better we do, the more people will join.

AND GO~

(EDIT: Oops, I forgot some people can't grant 10 points. Just er, do whatever, then, who cares? It's a game, play!)

Last edited by Locke on Aug 23, '15, 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 137

Re: Let's Just Be Honest Here~!™

Postby Circled Square » Aug 22, '15, 11:50 pm

1. Black Lives Matter is an embarrassment.
2. Christianity is the most attacked religion in the West.
3. Tim should post more of his singing. White boi got soul.
4. Matteo's my favorite poster.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby Locke » Aug 23, '15, 1:02 am

I didn't know Tim sang (solo, knew about him in choir though, what a pro), someone link me.

I just talked for like an hour with Kein about curry and steak and I'm suddenly famished.

I would move to Japan (and abide as flawlessly as possible to their culture/rules and love it) if I had money + was single.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 137

Postby EmperorWu » Sep 06, '15, 6:11 am

1. I'm way more sensitive than I used to be. I used to give zero shits, now sad movie scenes and stuff like that make me tear up all the time. I don't know what happened to me. I'm a man go damn it! :angrysanta

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby PorkChop » Sep 06, '15, 8:19 am

Circled Square wrote:2. Christianity is the most attacked religion in the West.

Have you heard of a thing called Islam

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby DBSoT » Sep 06, '15, 9:09 am

1. I prefer college football to the NFL for reasons that have nothing to do with the game. I can't stand how shitty owners and the league act towards their players.

2. I believe I will be off of this site by the time I am 30. I see responsibility and a natural moving on period happening. I have noticed even recently that I sometimes just lose interest.

3. As much as I hate how attacked America is, I hate how we don't use that criticism as fuel to fix any of our problems. The rest of the world may see us as a joke, but we are far from it. It's time we showed the world that.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Return to The Pub