It is currently: May 11, '24, 11:28 pm

What are your "rules" for cursing?

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

What are your "rules" for cursing?

Postby Str8Shooter » Aug 06, '15, 2:46 pm

I'm going to go out on a limb that everybody on here curses/swears/cusses from time to time, or more than time to time :P

So what are your personal "rules" for your cursing?

For me, I pretty much only swear when with my friends, or alone if I hurt myself or something. I rarely curse around my parents, and family gatherings we have are pretty much "no curse" zones.

I also watch my language when out in public. I don't want to offend anyone, particularly if there's older people around or children. I actually cringe when people just throw out "f bombs" left and right when there's like a family with smaller kids right next to them. There's no call for that kind of behaviour in my opinion.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 359

Re: What are your "rules" for cursing?

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Aug 06, '15, 2:51 pm

^Pretty much the same as yours. I tend to curse more strenously to me, I drop the MF bombs regularly when I'm pissed off at myself..

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 519

Postby Hanley! » Aug 06, '15, 2:56 pm

My mother used the word 'Cunt' in Scrabble last week. I was shocked! :lol I've never been that worried about cursing in front of my family since I moved out of the house, but now I definitely won't hold back anymore! :P

I probably curse quite a bit. When I hurt myself, or often just to make a point. I curse casually around my friends and even just acquaintances. But when dealing with anyone professionally, or dealing with strangers or anybody I don't know, I would refrain 100%. And I don't do it out in public in general, unless it's in a personal conversation where nobody else is paying attention.

It'd bug me personally if I was eating out in a restaurant and I could hear someone dropping F bombs constantly. I dunno, I just think there's a time and a place for that kind of thing.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Circled Square » Aug 06, '15, 2:57 pm

I don't curse very much at all in real life. Trust me you don't want to be that black guy dropping F bombs everywhere, it gives people the wrong impression, especially in Canada.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby SlightlyJames » Aug 06, '15, 2:58 pm

As is common in Glasgow (And in the rest of the UK for all I know, I don't really go anywhere), in casual conversation swear words are used like punctuation, even the ones a lot of people balk at like cunt are used freely and can often be used to simply mean "people".

Anything formal or professional settings you speak properly though.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby PorkChop » Aug 06, '15, 3:31 pm

SlightlyJames wrote:As is common in Glasgow (And in the rest of the UK for all I know, I don't really go anywhere), in casual conversation swear words are used like punctuation, even the ones a lot of people balk at like cunt are used freely and can often be used to simply mean "people".

I call my mates "cunt" and cunts "mate".

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby lyonssv » Aug 06, '15, 3:40 pm

I try not to curse around my children or around my father. Other than that, I curse like a freakin sailor.

lyonssv Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 13

Postby Viazon » Aug 06, '15, 3:40 pm

Around my friends and even my family, I swear a lot. I use all sorts of words. I tend to me able to control my language when around new people. I find it in bad taste when someone swears too much in situations that don't really call for it. I only really swear when I'm exaggerating or a little worked up or excited. This guy I used to work with, he was a team leader, would say "fuck" at least once in every sentence. Even when just talking in a normal manner. It was just unnecessary and bothered me quite a bit.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby GNR » Aug 06, '15, 8:46 pm

I curse all the time, I've done it before in front of kids and it's something I need to work on. :lol

GNR Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 18

Postby JPG619 » Aug 06, '15, 9:10 pm

During my regular day I hardly swear but if I am watching sports or wrestling and there a bad call or a player I hate I use ever word in the book LOL

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Postby VaderBomb » Aug 06, '15, 9:27 pm

I only curse around my mother, children and old ladies.

My friends are too sensitive.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Return to The Pub