It is currently: May 19, '24, 8:39 pm

I tried coffee for the first time today.

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

Re: I tried coffee for the first time today.

Postby Hanley! » Aug 07, '15, 3:58 pm

If you're trying it again, I'd get it out somewhere (please not Starbucks). And try one with some sugar. Or just get a caramel/vanilla/hazelnut latte or something in that family. Good stuff.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby Viazon » Aug 07, '15, 4:00 pm

Twister wrote:
War Daddy wrote:
Twister wrote:Seriously what is the appeal? That stuff tastes like arse.

You have my attention :D

:facepalm

It was a figure of speech :lol

Me and my friends say that a lot. Whenever we try to described a bad taste all smell, we will say it's like arse. I think it's more suited for British kind of humour.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 244

Postby Kein » Aug 07, '15, 4:48 pm

If you wanna start really easy on coffee go for a falvored frappuccino or something. Iced and sugary, then go for a latte, and then coffee with sugar and milk, and then coffee with milk. (of course only if you want to like coffee) UTK had it right though.

Definitely a bit of an acquired taste, some people like the hint of coffee in things (my mother) and some people just want more coffee flavor in the end.

I know I definitely love the smell off coffee, I can drink it but I prefer it black, too much sugar messes up my system. I almost have a sugar crash so it has the opposite effect. Although I used to drink pop like a fiend so maybe caffeine just doesn't have much on me these days.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 15

Previous

Return to The Pub