It is currently: Mar 29, '24, 4:29 am

Ali AMA

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

Ali AMA

Postby Ali » Aug 04, '15, 2:51 pm

So this is the new trend, huh? AMA posts? Screw it, I'll answer any and all questions. I feel like y'all don't know me as well as you probably should, so, ask away.

Credit to SKS for the new Waluigi World Order!

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap
  • I WILL KILL EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THIS PRODUCTION

Last movie seen - Inside Out; Rating - Amazingly Awesome
Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 43

Re: Ali AMA

Postby Circled Square » Aug 04, '15, 2:54 pm

Give me one of your unpopular opinions. About wrestling, books, movies, music, politics, whatever. .

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby Hanley! » Aug 04, '15, 3:04 pm

I know you're a big fan of animated films. What's the best one you've seen for the first time this year, and what is your favourite (or favourites) of all time? Do you watch any Studio Ghibli?

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby PorkChop » Aug 04, '15, 3:06 pm

What's your favourite Pokemon?

Who were your favourite WWE-Club members who didn't make it over here?

Cats or dogs?

Do you still watch wrestling?

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Ali » Aug 04, '15, 3:20 pm

Circled Square wrote:Give me one of your unpopular opinions. About wrestling, books, movies, music, politics, whatever. .

Hmm, an unpopular opinion... well, here's a few.

U2's the best damn band in the world.
Professional Wrestling as we know it will not be around within the next 20 years.
The Marvel Model of filmmaking will not be sustainable, and after Infinity War, the MCU will probably shift more towards television, if not outright end.
The first Cars movie is actually not that bad.
Politics and elections are completely pointless because we as a society are locked in a stalemate of two parties that can't do anything because of each other.

Hanley! wrote:I know you're a big fan of animated films. What's the best one you've seen for the first time this year, and what is your favourite (or favourites) of all time? Do you watch any Studio Ghibli?

I've been slacking on movie watching this year, but Inside Out is one of the the most important movies ever made, and people will study it and use it in psychology for years. Favorite animated movies of all time include Spirited Away, The Lion King, the Toy Story series, and Up, just off the top of my head. And I suppose that answers the Studio Ghibli question, it is about the only "Anime" I watch, and I haven't seen all of them, but everything of theirs I have seen, I've loved.

PorkChop wrote:What's your favourite Pokemon?

Cyndaquil. Gen II was my favorite, and I love fire-types. And Cyndaquil's just so cute.

PorkChop wrote:Who were your favourite WWE-Club members who didn't make it over here?

I have no idea if Booyaka619 or DBAAC made it over, so I guess them. Also, my old WWDG partners guitargod and ckbigman.

PorkChop wrote:Cats or dogs?

I have two cats, but I like both.

PorkChop wrote:Do you still watch wrestling?

No. I just can't get into it anymore. I blame the commentary, mostly.

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap

Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topic Author

Postby Hanley! » Aug 04, '15, 3:36 pm

I'd recommend Song of the Sea, man. It's an Irish animated movie that came out this summer (though it was somehow eligible and nominated for the Animated Feature award at the Oscars this year). I saw it the same weekend as Inside Out, and though it wasn't quite as original or ambitious, I liked it almost as much.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby VaderBomb » Aug 04, '15, 5:17 pm

If you could ask me anything what would it be? :D

What's your favorite U2 song?

What's your least favorite U2 song?

Would you let Bono play with your balls for six seconds for a hundred bucks?

What's your favorite black and white movie?

Who's your favorite wrestler of all time?

What's the spiciest thing that you've eaten?

Ever use wet toilet wipes on your butthole?

Name three wrestlers who should have been world champion who never were.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby GNR » Aug 04, '15, 5:35 pm

Do you like the DFW area? Have you ever considered going anywhere else?

Mavs or Cowboys?

Do you like Drake?

GNR Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 18

Postby Ali » Aug 04, '15, 5:50 pm

VaderBomb wrote:If you could ask me anything what would it be?

It was already asked in your thread, but it would be about how people could see you as "pretentious" and how you respond to it.

VaderBomb wrote:What's your favorite U2 song?

"With or Without You" is usually the one at the top. That or "Ultraviolet (Light My Way)".

VaderBomb wrote:What's your least favorite U2 song?

Probably "Raised By Wolves" off their new album. It's a lesser version of "Volcano", which is also on the new album, so it's kind of pointless.

VaderBomb wrote:Would you let Bono play with your balls for six seconds for a hundred bucks?

Nope.

VaderBomb wrote:What's your favorite black and white movie?

12 Angry Men is in my Top 3 favorite films of all time.

VaderBomb wrote:Who's your favorite wrestler of all time?

Eddie Guerrero. Especially as a face, I loved him using heel tactics.

VaderBomb wrote:What's the spiciest thing that you've eaten?

I'm of Pakistani descent, we eat spicy food on a regular basis. I can't remember, probably some variant of Achar Chicken my mom made once.

VaderBomb wrote:Ever use wet toilet wipes on your butthole?

Why would you not? They get it cleaner.

VaderBomb wrote:Name three wrestlers who should have been world champion who never were.

"Rowdy" Roddy Piper (RIP), Mr. Perfect, and John Morrison. I honestly thought Morrison was great.

GNR wrote:Do you like the DFW area? Have you ever considered going anywhere else?

I do make fun of DFW for not having much to do, but I honestly like the area a lot. It's hot, but it's a good area with excellent hospitals, which is good for me. I've never given much thought to moving.

GNR wrote:Mavs or Cowboys?

MFFL :tim

GNR wrote:Do you like Drake?

Ah, Drake... I like him when he's not trying to be "hard". I don't buy that act at all. Drake is really good when he's being smooth, more R&B than Rap. Also, when he does rap, he's a lot better when he raps about how fleeting his career is, like in "Over". But I just don't buy it when Drake brags about how awesome Drake is.

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap

Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topic Author

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Aug 05, '15, 9:42 am

I think I've read you mention your Islamic faith - wanted to ask if you were practising and if yes/or not, how comes?

You mentioned above your family is from Pakistan, where abouts? Ever visited?

What sports do you enjoy watching?

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Str8Shooter » Aug 05, '15, 9:49 am

Ali wrote:Professional Wrestling as we know it will not be around within the next 20 years.

I would love if you would expand on why you think this? Should be an interesting answer.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Hanley! » Aug 05, '15, 9:53 am

I remember you saying in the past that Once was your favourite film. Is that still true?

If so, what's your favourite song from the film? And have you seen the show? Myself and Kirbi have tickets to see it in a couple of weeks, which I'm excited about.

Also, do you listen to any other music by Glen Hansard or The Frames?

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Everlong » Aug 05, '15, 10:50 am

Hanley! wrote:Myself and Kirbi have tickets to see it in a couple of weeks, which I'm excited about.

The stage show is beautiful, enjoy!!

My question:

What is your favorite Looney Tunes episode?

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby KaiserGlider » Aug 05, '15, 12:36 pm

Would you you prefer Gamefreak maintaining it's 10+ year structure for main series Pokemon games (get starter Pokemon, beat 8 gyms, Elite Four, evil team), or would you prefer that they spend more time developing each new game and really try to introduce a different structure/gameplay/story?

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Ali » Aug 05, '15, 1:15 pm

AkydefGoldberg wrote:I think I've read you mention your Islamic faith - wanted to ask if you were practising and if yes/or not, how comes?

Define "practicing". I admit to not being the most devout Muslim, and I couldn't fast during Ramadan for health reasons, but I do at least try to remember my prayers. I keep it a lot more individualized as opposed to going to Masjid or anything like that.

AkydefGoldberg wrote:You mentioned above your family is from Pakistan, where abouts? Ever visited?

I was actually born in Karachi, where a lot of my family still lives. I have visited, but I don't plan on going back because there honestly isn't much for me, being disabled, to do there. Sure, the food's nice, but that's about it.

AkydefGoldberg wrote:What sports do you enjoy watching?

Basketball, Football (American and International), and UFC are ones I tend to watch a lot. I've also got a soft spot for Cricket. I only really follow NBA and NFL though.

Str8Shooter wrote:
Ali wrote:Professional Wrestling as we know it will not be around within the next 20 years.

I would love if you would expand on why you think this? Should be an interesting answer.

WWE is the big dog, but without competition, they got lazy. TNA is a joke, ROH is good, but nowhere near their level, Lucha Underground is interesting, but has the same problem as ROH, and Global Force Wrestling, I have no idea if they can get to that level. The biggest problem for WWE is that they are completely out of touch with what audiences respond to. No one cares about big, muscular meatheads. They're stuck in a mentality of "Larger Than Life" when audiences really want more "Down to Earth". They've failed to adapt, and with UFC doing a very good job of hyping up big fights while providing a legitimately unscripted product, I'm seeing a lot of fans gravitate there sooner rather than later.

WWE is becoming a smaller and smaller niche market, but they're trying to fool themselves into thinking they're still a major player in the modern Sports/Entertainment landscape. Pretty soon, they'll have to face reality and either change the way they present their product, or fold under their own stubbornness. WWE and Wrestling will always have a fanbase, there will always be people who support it, but in the grand, overall scheme of things, it's going be downsized significantly.

Hanley! wrote:I remember you saying in the past that Once was your favourite film. Is that still true?

Probably not, but it's still right up there.

Hanley! wrote:If so, what's your favourite song from the film? And have you seen the show? Myself and Kirbi have tickets to see it in a couple of weeks, which I'm excited about.

Favorite song from the film is probably "Leave". It just feels raw, emotional, and angry, but it starts so calm. I have not seen the show, but I really want to. Enjoy it, and tell me how it is!

Hanley! wrote:Also, do you listen to any other music by Glen Hansard or The Frames?

Yeah, I actually did start listening to Hansard, The Frames, and The Swell Season. I love them. They're fantastic.

Everlong wrote:What is your favorite Looney Tunes episode?

I love the Duck Season/Rabbit Season Trilogy. "Rabbit Fire", "Rabbit Seasoning", and "Duck! Rabbit, Duck!" are basically as funny as you can get. I also like "Robin Hood Daffy" a lot.

KaiserGlider wrote:Would you you prefer Gamefreak maintaining it's 10+ year structure for main series Pokemon games (get starter Pokemon, beat 8 gyms, Elite Four, evil team), or would you prefer that they spend more time developing each new game and really try to introduce a different structure/gameplay/story?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. That's the beautiful thing about Pokemon games, they are so easy to pick up and play. A complete overhaul would be disastrous at this point, but I do agree that they need to continue to tweak things little by little. Sure, add some touches, maybe a different story, maybe an open-ended world where there are more than 8 gyms, but you get to choose which ones to challenge. But I like keeping the core of the game the same.

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap

Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topic Author

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Aug 05, '15, 2:01 pm

Ali wrote:
AkydefGoldberg wrote:I think I've read you mention your Islamic faith - wanted to ask if you were practising and if yes/or not, how comes?

Define "practicing". I admit to not being the most devout Muslim, and I couldn't fast during Ramadan for health reasons, but I do at least try to remember my prayers. I keep it a lot more individualized as opposed to going to Masjid or anything like that.

AkydefGoldberg wrote:You mentioned above your family is from Pakistan, where abouts? Ever visited?

I was actually born in Karachi, where a lot of my family still lives. I have visited, but I don't plan on going back because there honestly isn't much for me, being disabled, to do there. Sure, the food's nice, but that's about it.

I guess you've answered the question of practicing, i.e. reading the five prayers and the Quran, increasing religious knowledge - you get the drift. I'm probably in the same boat as yourself, think there might be a time I step for more prolonged religious observance but everyone makes their own choices.

Karachi - it's probably not as safe as it probably was back in the days (just today, former Pakistan cricket captain Wasim Akram had his car shot at in a road rage incident) but wouldn't have minded a trip to Karachi/Lahore. We've always travelled to Islamabad/Rawalpindi for days out from Azad Kashmir, where our family originates from. Yeah disability access is poor over there, sadly.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Return to The Pub