It is currently: Mar 29, '24, 4:24 am

VaderBomb AMA

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

Re: VaderBomb AMA

Postby VaderBomb » Aug 02, '15, 10:08 pm

Circled Square wrote:Why do you like Kendrick so much? I personally was never fan of his music or the messages in them.

I guess I can understand not liking his music because personal taste and everything but how can you be against his messages?

All races living in harmony.
End hatred and racism.
Less gang violence.
Death to bling rap.
Dealing with personal problems such as depression and success as an artist.
Respecting and paying tribute to his homies back in Compton, but also discussing how street violence is and never was the answer.
Painting a beautifully deep portrait of black history utilizing both layered symbolism and the straight up blatant truth.
Loving yourself is a good thing.

Kendrick Lamar is a super talented rapper, lyricist and songwriter. He uses many different rapping styles and the production of his songs is amazing. He relays a better or at least equally good message than pretty much any other musical artist that I can think of. He's the fucking shit. I'd rank his second and third records among the very best of all time.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 177

Postby Circled Square » Aug 03, '15, 6:27 am

I suppose I don't like him because the people who convey similar messages do so in such an uninformed, cringe worthy way, that I can't help associate his opinions with theirs, because often they intersect, if you get me. Thanks for answering the question.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby VaderBomb » Aug 04, '15, 5:38 pm

Circled Square wrote:I suppose I don't like him because the people who convey similar messages do so in such an uninformed, cringe worthy way, that I can't help associate his opinions with theirs, because often they intersect, if you get me. Thanks for answering the question.

Everybody has dumb fans. You can't blame the artist for that.

If this were the case The Grateful Dead would be the worst band of all time, but they rule. They just have obnoxious fans.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author

Postby GNR » Aug 04, '15, 5:39 pm

How do you feel about Kendrick's two biggest peers(in terms of popularity) in the new school, Drake and J. Cole?

GNR Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 18

Postby VaderBomb » Aug 05, '15, 11:12 am

GNR wrote:How do you feel about Kendrick's two biggest peers(in terms of popularity) in the new school, Drake and J. Cole?

I've only heard J. Cole's most recent record and while I enjoyed it, it's nowhere near Kendrick's level. It was a solid album though.

I've only heard about three or four Drake songs and I'll second Ali's opinion from the other AMA. I'll give more of his stuff a listen and get back to you with a better response.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Hanley! » Aug 05, '15, 11:38 am

I know you're a guitar player, so prepare for some music related questions.

What guitar(s) do you own?
What kind of stuff do you play and/or write?
What strings do you use?
Do you play any other instruments?
When and how did you learn?

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby EmperorWu » Aug 05, '15, 3:18 pm

Pancakes or waffles?

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby VaderBomb » Aug 05, '15, 3:22 pm

Hanley! wrote:I know you're a guitar player, so prepare for some music related questions.

What guitar(s) do you own?

I have one nice acoustic. A Gibson Epiphone PR6E - TR. It's this one right here: Image

It was a hand-me down from my mother's brother who passed away in 2004.

The other acoustic that I have also belonged to him. It's a Stella Harmony H6130.
This one: https://reverb.com/item/485205-1970s-st ... -with-case
It has a great twangy sound.

Hanley! wrote:What kind of stuff do you play and/or write?

When I submitted my record to RYM, the admins decided the genres to be Dream Pop, Gothic Rock, Chamber Pop
and Gothic Country. I wouldn't have previously described it as such but I guess I agree.

Hanley! wrote:What strings do you use?

I've never been picky about strings but a bizarre thing happened to me yesterday. I went and picked up my Epiphone and there was a string and string peg missing from my guitar nowhere to be found. I only live with my girlfriend and two cats. I have no idea what happened. You never take a string off a man's guitar.

Hanley! wrote:Do you play any other instruments?

I suck at everything that I play but I can usually get some weird noise out of most things. I enjoy playing my antique pump organ and harmonica.

Hanley! wrote:When and how did you learn?

I taught myself between 2006-2009 and started writing songs. I still don't know chords. I play feels.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby VaderBomb » Aug 05, '15, 3:23 pm

EmperorWu wrote:Pancakes or waffles?

Waffles but I don't really eat either.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Previous

Return to The Pub