It is currently: May 14, '24, 3:27 pm

So, i have a bit of news..

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

So, i have a bit of news..

Postby Headlesspete » Jul 24, '15, 1:13 pm

Hey folks! Long time no see, again!

Should forewarn you all now, this post is basically a very personal look at events in my life, and will probably be pretty boring, so if you don't really care, you can stop reading now, i won't be offended. Promise :)

So having joined WWE-Club 10 years or so ago, I've know a few of you for some time, so it seems right to share this with you. As you will have seen, i drift of and on here at times depending how Uni is going, where I'm living, what's happening in life, etc. The good news (or not as the case may be aha) is i finished University and now live in my own place, WITH INTERNET!! (Seriously, having no internet for the past 9 months is a killer! Public librarys are awful, awful places..), This means, i can finally get back on this site and adding to it! Can't wait to get back to the old ways of discussing WWE, TNA, Films etc, and I'm seriously thinking of trying to re-start some form of the WWDG, so yeah, who knows :)

So, what's so big that's happened in my life that i wish to tell you all? Well, a little backstory. From the age of 10 I've always attended church. It was never forced on me nor did my family attend, it was a choice i made. At the age of 14, i became a born again christian. I'm sure a religious debate at some point will clear up my views, but for the time being I'll just class it as "I believe in god, and rule #1 is, don't be a dick in life, love others, and try your best to do the right thing". Over the past 10 years, my faith has changed in so many ways, and i feel blessed in how things have gone. I went through quite a hard home life style with my family being as "drama orientated" as they were (read between the lines on that one). I then moved to University and had the best 3 years of my life, and as a person changed more and more than i ever could have imagined. I began Uni at a silent goth who never went out, and graduated as some weird social "hipster" who can't stay in. However, there was one major thing i had yet to sort out, a secret i always felt needed to be held back, and hidden away. That was, until 6 month's ago when i finally came out about it....get it? Came out....because I'm gay?....so funny! But yeah, I'm gay. Always known it, but always hid it, and hid it well it has to be said. I don't come across as camp in the slightest, and I was smart enough to try and blend in with the "lads" that no one ever noticed.

It took me until i was 24 to finally tell the first person. Since then, I've told my family, friends and work mates, all who have been extremely supportive. (Random side note, my granddad was by far the best reaction. I told him, and he sat in silence. He then left the room without saying a word, and rummaged upstairs. He came back down, threw a coat-hanger at me, and said "HA! Look, that's out the closest aswell!". If my grandad can joke about something, he's OK with it.). The only problem came when i decided to tell my church, and thats when it got messy. They tried to support me, but in the end i had to leave. A youth work i led there was something i was basically forced to step away from due to me being gay (or acting on it as they defined). So yeah, they didn't take it well. As for me and the bible, and how some see it as an "abomination", well, again my views are pretty different to those of my church, but again I'm sure that will come up in due time.

However, i can honestly say I've never been happier. I've now been in a relationship for the past 2 months with a guy i met, and having come out, feel completely at ease with myself. I no longer panic when someone points out i don't have a girlfriend, i no longer worry when i fancy a guy and then make myself feel bad for it, and i no longer have to hide who i am. And so, now you all now. Some of you may wonder why I'm telling you, and honestly, I'm not sure myself. I just think every other area of my life knows, and as a community i have known for 10 years, i feel its something you can all can know.So blessings to you all, can't wait to get myself back into things, and i hope your all "OK" with my little news. Peace x

Headlesspete None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 61

Re: So, i have a bit of news..

Postby Twister » Jul 24, '15, 1:58 pm

Congratulations, sounds like you had a (mostly) positive reaction, coming out to those closest to you can sometimes be the hardest part. I hope your new relationship works out for you :cheers

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 56

Postby DBSoT » Jul 24, '15, 2:18 pm

That's awesome that things have been mostly positive since you came out. I imagine their were times that hiding it from people was difficult. Congrats on being happy dude.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby SortaCreative » Jul 24, '15, 2:56 pm

Good for you man, coming out and stuff :cheers

I wish you all the best man! Takes a lot of guts, hopefully one day it won't but right now, it can be a difficult situation to be in. Glad you're able to be open and honest about who you are. :tim

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Circled Square » Jul 24, '15, 3:03 pm

(JK)

I couldn't even imagine having to go through that. Having that sort of secret in life...it must have hurt, keeping it in. That's inspirational, because you took that next step that so many people don't do, and you seem very happy. Proud of ya. :crybaby :clap

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby prophet » Jul 24, '15, 3:52 pm

Amazing news, Pete! We're glad to have you back dude, you've been missed! :tim

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Everlong » Jul 24, '15, 4:17 pm

Hey man welcome back! And congrats on being able to be comfortable le with who you are, that's gotta feel awesome!

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby ShaneOfan » Jul 24, '15, 4:28 pm

Awesome man. Thanks for sharing this with us. It's great that your family and friends have your back. As for your church, I'm sorry for their pushing you away. That is not the Lord's way. That is not what he would want. I hope you can find a new more excepting place.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby Hanley! » Jul 24, '15, 5:27 pm

Good to have you back around, man. Congrats on successfully coming out, it couldn't have been easy. But I'm happy to hear that you're doing well and feeling all the better for it.

As for the church, that's definitely discouraging, but don't let it get you down. The bible says all kinds of crazy shit. Much as some people would like to pretend otherwise, everyone's faith is different, and everyone interprets scripture differently; your way is just as legitimate as anybody else's. You can still have your own beliefs and maybe get involved in the community in some other way, if that's something that you're passionate about.

Most importantly though, you need to focus on arguing with us all about female wrestlers again. ;)

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Romo » Jul 24, '15, 5:32 pm

Congrats dude, glad you can finally be yourself!!!

Romo Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 225

Postby EmperorWu » Jul 24, '15, 11:33 pm

Welcome back! Family is family, we love ya brother, there's nothing about you to not be OK with.

(Yes I can consider this weird, and sometimes hostile group of people a family :P )

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby Viazon » Jul 25, '15, 3:42 am

Congratulations dude. Good to hear you are doing well and things are going well for you!

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby Headlesspete » Jul 25, '15, 4:38 pm

Thanks for all your support and love folks, it certainly means a lot. The stuff with my church is a shame, and its frustrating because i know how they are acting is actually them trying to show love, so it makes it hard for me to actually argue with them. The good thing is my faith has remained even if the church hasn't, and I'm more than happy to find a church where my beliefs and personality can both be accepted. :)

Headlesspete None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topic Author
Topics: 61

Postby SKS » Jul 25, '15, 4:55 pm

Hey Pete, long time no see. Happy to hear that! Glad you can be yourself and feel good. :tim

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby VaderBomb » Jul 25, '15, 8:05 pm

YES!
I knew it!!!

JC owes me a hundo.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby Locke » Jul 25, '15, 10:22 pm

I'm a pretty religious guy myself, and while there are certain things that annoy me about the conflicts between homosexuality and church, it sickens me that certain churches would turn you away or force you to leave. In the eyes of the Lord, no one sin is greater than another. It's stated clearly in the book multiple times. There are sins in the old testament that are completely disregarded by a vast majority of Christians (like eating shellfish and pork), yet for whatever reason the homosexuality sin is regarded as if it were murder to some people. Christ himself never once addressed the issue, and many things He said in collection of the New Testament preach acceptance, tolerance, respect, and love, and so many churches seem to forget that. Turning someone away from Christ or church for any sin is completely contradictory to Christ's preachings, preachings that are logical and beautiful even to non-believers because it's common sense - love people, don't hurt each other, etc.

I congratulate you for identifying yourself and finding happiness, and hope that you will look for a more progressive church that accepts sinners - because we're -all- sinners. There are plenty of progressive churches out there that teach the word of Jesus Christ and don't preach hate or intolerance. I hope you will try to find one!

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Return to The Pub