It is currently: May 11, '24, 2:03 pm

I'm never having kids.

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

I'm never having kids.

Postby Viazon » Jul 17, '15, 12:30 pm

My cousin has just brought her baby son round for my mum to look after for a couple of hours. Jesus, that little fucker just does not stop crying. The only thing that stops him crying is having his mum, but obviously she isn't here.

I can't take it. If you read in the papers tomorrow of a house being burnt to the ground with everyone inside, occurring in the town of Bedford, England, you will know why.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 244

Re: I'm never having kids.

Postby Locke » Jul 17, '15, 12:45 pm

My son was "colicy" as well, non-stop crying when mommy wasn't there. It isn't for everyone.. ugh.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 137

Postby Daz » Jul 17, '15, 12:47 pm

My niece was the exact opposite. Quiet as anything, slept through the night pretty much straight away. She's only started playing up the past few months as she's teething.

That being said, pretty much never want kids either. I'm great with kids, I love playing and spending time with my niece. But it's nice knowing I can give her back and I don't have to worry about the responsibility of being a parent at the end of the day.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby War Daddy » Jul 17, '15, 12:48 pm

I hate kids. Not because it's there fault but I legitimately never want to have them.

The nonstop crying doesn't help either. I call it Broly Syndrome :lol

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby Everlong » Jul 17, '15, 12:49 pm

I have one friend who had a baby that almost never cried. That baby was the chillest motherfucker I've ever met. No problems with him at all, they have no idea how easy they had it with him.

My niece, on the other hand, is a fucking terror. Cries nonstop, can't go more than a foot away from her mom (my sister), super fussy, already spoiled.

Sometimes you get a lucky draw, sometimes the baby has colic or other health issues, sometimes it's up to the parents. But yeah man, babies can definitely be a drag.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby SlightlyJames » Jul 17, '15, 12:52 pm

War Daddy wrote:The nonstop crying doesn't help either. I call it Broly Syndrome :lol

KAKAROOOOOOT

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby Viazon » Jul 17, '15, 12:53 pm

Suppose it's how you raise them.

My friend has a son who I think is awesome. Never cried too much when he was a baby. My cousin though. She spoils him too much.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Everlong » Jul 17, '15, 12:54 pm

Viazon wrote:Suppose it's how you raise them.

Yeah to an extent, but when they're really young it's mostly luck of the draw.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Circled Square » Jul 17, '15, 12:58 pm

I think someone here told me to never reproduce so I'll just go with that. :lol

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby Kein » Jul 17, '15, 4:42 pm

Sister has a kid who has some bad separation anxiety so he cries a good bit. I don't like babies, but I am cool with kids.

My best friend has a baby girl and she is super chill. He is so happy and he knows he is damn lucky haha.

If I get married, sure I am open to kids, someday, but not soon.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 15

Postby Hanley! » Jul 17, '15, 7:49 pm

Babies are people too. They all have their own personalities and eccentricities. You could end up with a kid that's cool as a cucumber, or they could be crying all night every night. It's impossible to know ahead of time.

I'm always suspicious of people who try to tell you everything that's going to happen when you have kids. Passing down wisdom from on high about how things are obviously going to be exactly the same as when they had their kids. Hey asshole, don't go comparing my awesome future progeny to your stupid, ugly baby. My baby is going to be the greatest.

Last edited by Hanley! on Jul 22, '15, 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby DBSoT » Jul 17, '15, 7:51 pm

Hanley! wrote:Babies are people too. They all have their own personalities and eccentricities. You could end up with a kid that's cool as a cucumber, or they could be crying all night every night. It's impossible to know ahead of time.

I'm always suspicious of people who try to tell you everything that's going to happen when you have kids. Passing down wisdom from on high about things are obviously going to be exactly the same as when they had their kids. Hey asshole, don't go comparing my awesome future progeny to your stupid, ugly baby. My baby is going to be the greatest.
I imagine your child will get all their greatness from @Kirbi :P

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Westcoastvibes » Jul 17, '15, 8:40 pm

Yall dont know what your missing, a child is a wonderful thing. Sure they eat constantly and shit all the time but they grow into marvelous human beings. Dont base your opinion off of someone else's children.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jul 18, '15, 2:36 pm

Until 2005, I always longed for a nephew/niece and now I've got six and I tend to find myself irritable with kids now compared to that original excitement when I became an Uncle.

But I think I might calm down once I have my own I guess but just one will do me thinks..

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Twister » Jul 22, '15, 7:26 am

Westcoastvibes wrote:Yall dont know what your missing, a child is a wonderful thing. Sure they eat constantly and shit all the time but they grow into marvelous human beings. Dont base your opinion off of someone else's children.

This, my eldest daughter is nearly three and she's her own little person now. Comes out with the most hilarious one liners. But at the same time I can totally understand that kids aren't for everyone. Before I had my eldest I had it in my head that I was going to have 3 or 4 kids, now I don't know what I was thinking. Two is more than enough for me.

I've been really lucky in that neither kids have really been screamers (at least not as babies, my eldest screams like a banshee when she doesn't get her own way), I can categorically say that that's nothing to do with my parenting - it's just the way they are and I am very blessed. I really feel for parents of colicky babies, I don't think I could cope.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby Str8Shooter » Jul 22, '15, 12:29 pm

Hanley! wrote:Hey asshole, don't go comparing my awesome future progeny to your stupid, ugly baby. My baby is going to be the greatest.

Hanley heel turn!!

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Viazon » Jul 22, '15, 1:23 pm

I was speaking out of frustration when I made this post. I have always wanted kids some day. But I just don't know if I will ever be able to handle babies. I have never been comfortable around them. Ideally, I would bypass the whole baby thing and just go straight to being, like, 5 or whatever.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Str8Shooter » Jul 22, '15, 1:47 pm

Viazon wrote:I was speaking out of frustration when I made this post. I have always wanted kids some day. But I just don't know if I will ever be able to handle babies. I have never been comfortable around them. Ideally, I would bypass the whole baby thing and just go straight to being, like, 5 or whatever.

Go and adopt a kid who's already 5. The older kids like that have trouble getting adopted a lot anyway, I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Twister » Jul 22, '15, 3:14 pm

Viazon wrote:I was speaking out of frustration when I made this post. I have always wanted kids some day. But I just don't know if I will ever be able to handle babies. I have never been comfortable around them. Ideally, I would bypass the whole baby thing and just go straight to being, like, 5 or whatever.

I am the same, I don't really enjoy the baby stage, much prefer when they can walk, talk and be a bit more independent but you kind of just muddle through and it all goes so quickly that when you're kid is 2 and throwing mammoth tantrums because they want another episode of Peppa fucking Pig on you look back and miss the baby stage :lol

As for the not being comfortable around babies thing, it's totally different when it's your own so don't worry about that.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Return to The Pub