It is currently: Jun 05, '24, 7:53 am

How do topics disappear?

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

How do topics disappear?

Postby The Legend » Jun 18, '15, 10:16 am

So I'm curious, I checked out this site yesterday evening while I was at work and found a topic created that I couldn't respond to at the time because I was at work, but I very much wanted to when I had the chance. I look today and that topic is nowhere to be found. So how does a topic just completely vanish?

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Re: How do topics disappear?

Postby War Daddy » Jun 18, '15, 10:18 am

Im assuming Tim locks it and then deletes. Could be wrong though.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 122

Postby PorkChop » Jun 18, '15, 10:26 am

It was deleted, and seeing as there's no other explanation, I suspect you probably know this. There was no real need to make this topic.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Everlong » Jun 18, '15, 10:27 am

If it's the topic I'm thinking of, the person who started it asked one of the global mods to delete it. I never actually saw it, though.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby The Legend » Jun 18, '15, 10:28 am

Everlong wrote:If it's the topic I'm thinking of, the person who started it asked one of the global mods to delete it.

Interesting. Seems like a double standard.

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby SlightlyJames » Jun 18, '15, 10:29 am

What was the topic? Must have gone up while I was asleep or something.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby Everlong » Jun 18, '15, 10:29 am

The Legend wrote:
Everlong wrote:If it's the topic I'm thinking of, the person who started it asked one of the global mods to delete it.

How's that? I can't think of a time we've ever refused to delete a topic if someone's asked us to do it, which has only happened a couple times.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Messiah » Jun 18, '15, 10:31 am

Dude, you're a fucking awesome poster, but there is no double standard going here. I saw what you said in that deleted thread and I know a lot of it was directed at me with some of that stuff. Nobody is intentionally against you. In the case of you and I, we just disagree on how things in life should be handled. It isn't a big deal and in the grand scheme of things, I would hate to see you distance yourself from here because you think you don't fit in. It has nothing to do with that. There are no "cliques" or anything like that.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby PorkChop » Jun 18, '15, 10:34 am

Let it go, man.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Everlong » Jun 18, '15, 10:35 am

Messiah wrote:Dude, you're a fucking awesome poster, but there is no double standard going here. I saw what you said in that deleted thread and I know a lot of it was directed at me with some of that stuff. Nobody is intentionally against you. In the case of you and I, we just disagree on how things in life should be handled. It isn't a big deal and in the grand scheme of things, I would hate to see you distance yourself from here because you think you don't fit in. It has nothing to do with that. There are no "cliques" or anything like that.

I think you're thinking of a different topic. I believe the topic he's talking about was one called "My shitposting" by SKS, I never saw it though. The other one, which I locked, is still up in the General Sports Discussion forum.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Messiah » Jun 18, '15, 10:36 am

Everlong wrote:
Messiah wrote:Dude, you're a fucking awesome poster, but there is no double standard going here. I saw what you said in that deleted thread and I know a lot of it was directed at me with some of that stuff. Nobody is intentionally against you. In the case of you and I, we just disagree on how things in life should be handled. It isn't a big deal and in the grand scheme of things, I would hate to see you distance yourself from here because you think you don't fit in. It has nothing to do with that. There are no "cliques" or anything like that.

I think you're thinking of a different topic. I believe the topic he's talking about was one called "My shitposting" by SKS, I never saw it though. The other one, which I locked, is still up in the General Sports Discussion forum.

Ah, well the point stands. I wanted to say it in that thread too, but I guess it may as well go here.

Never saw that thread either, so I guess I don't really know what the problem is/was.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Locke » Jun 18, '15, 10:37 am

The only thing I notice is The Legend seems raring and ready to fight on here lately.

OI, YOU WANNA FOIGHT?

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby SKS » Jun 18, '15, 10:50 am

I asked for it to be deleted because it had comments made by me that were childish and unnecessary. I explained in the thread that my intoxicated post about Cleveland being awful was just an intoxicated post made in jest because I wanted to have some fun and not a huge personal attack on anyone. I said that some people should lighten up about things, especially sports banter, it's really not that serious. I apologized if I truthfully personally offended anyone.

You had no problem responding to my post that defended Philadelphia sports teams (with team history and facts, no insults) with "Whatever, all Philly sports fans are morons and worst losers in America..." or something like that. I don't have a problem with those comments, you can say whatever you want, but you're doing the same thing I did in a drunken post and I assume you're currently sober. But when I did it as a failed attempted joke post, you made a big deal about this "double standard" and that you shouldn't have come back because of people being sarcastic or whatever, that I don't even understand. Again, I don't think it's a big deal.

If this was an honest question you could have easily PM'd Tim or another moderator. I feel that this topic was made to stir the pot even more and I don't feel that it's necessary. I mean, yea, my bad for saying that Cleveland Sucks. But to blow this out of proportion is a bit of an overreaction. You constantly post "I'm leaving" or "maybe I should leave" or "why did I come back here", and it just makes no sense. You can be a member of the site without responding or reading certain things you disagree with. Not everything is a personal attack against you. And why would there be a double standard? My topic got locked in the first place. If someone wants their topic locked or deleted, someone on the mod team will do it, why wouldn't they?

Last edited by SKS on Jun 18, '15, 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby The Legend » Jun 18, '15, 10:57 am

Everlong wrote:
The Legend wrote:

How's that? I can't think of a time we've ever refused to delete a topic if someone's asked us to do it, which has only happened a couple times.

The double standard was, the person in question complaining about the fact that a topic got locked "before he had a chance to respond" and now here we are.

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby SKS » Jun 18, '15, 11:02 am

The Legend wrote:
Everlong wrote:
The Legend wrote:

The double standard was, the person in question complaining about the fact that a topic got locked "before he had a chance to respond" and now here we are.

You can say my name, I posted in this thread that it was me. We're back at square one with my stupid topic locked, and my other stupid topic deleted, so nothing has really changed except for this topic currently existing. Me complaining that my topic was locked is a "double standard" worth making a whole topic about? You get mad when people "single you out" but what exactly is this topic's purpose exactly? Double standards go both ways, man. :lol

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby The Legend » Jun 18, '15, 11:03 am

@Messiah

Believe me when I say that I don't have a long standing problem with you. I don't hold a grudge to you and we have no beef. I have no problem with the fact that you and I have different views on certain topics in life. My issue is more that over and over I find myself looking at issues from angles that no one on this board will look at them from. It's exhausting and frustrating sometimes to stand alone on issue after issue and sometimes feel like I don't share common ground with anyone in this community. My issue is far more general than it is specific to any person for the most part.

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby PorkChop » Jun 18, '15, 11:04 am

This is fucking ridiculous.

Legend - let it go, move on

SKS - stop responding

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby The Legend » Jun 18, '15, 11:14 am

PorkChop wrote:Legend - let it go, move on

You should understand something. Someone telling me how I feel about something or that it shouldn't be important to me does nothing but strengthen my feelings and make me dig in stronger. I can't stand people being dismissive of me, which is exactly what this is.

EDIT: Also, telling me I need to let something go when I've made one topic on a subject vs 6 topics on the other side seems just a touch ironic.

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby Everlong » Jun 18, '15, 12:54 pm

The Legend wrote:The double standard was, the person in question complaining about the fact that a topic got locked "before he had a chance to respond" and now here we are.

I chose to lock the other topic because it was stupid and intentionally inflammatory. He chose to have his topic deleted, because he apparently regretted what he said in it. They're different situations.

Nobody is owed a chance to respond, especially if it's just going to create a dragged-out fight that causes needless drama across this whole forum.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Str8Shooter » Jun 18, '15, 1:08 pm

The Legend wrote:
Everlong wrote:
The Legend wrote:

It was me who deleted SKS's thread upon his request. This was after I had reprimanded him in a post in that thread. I actually thought you may not had seen the thread yet and I was hoping so, because then I could delete it and we would avoid another altercation, which is exactly what has happened now.

Do we need to make a "ignore" feature for this forum or something? It's looking more and more necessary with all the shit that goes down.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Next

Return to The Pub