It is currently: May 14, '24, 8:36 pm

The Rock talks about his catchphrases on Graham Norton.

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

The Rock talks about his catchphrases on Graham Norton.

Postby Viazon » May 24, '15, 6:11 am

Did anyone catch this show Friday night? It was cool to see The Rock on. My favourite part was when he talked about his wrestling catchphrases. Check it out.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 244

Re: The Rock talks about his catchphrases on Graham Norton.

Postby prophet » May 24, '15, 6:52 am

I saw the show, cringed my way through that entire interaction. Norton himself is usually the worst part of the show anyway and I hate it when non-fans try to discuss wrestling, always seems to be a bit of patronizing jokey manner to it and that's the vibe I got when I watched the show, Rock was delightful as always though.

Also George Clooney was on that show and again seemed really disinterested in promoting his movie, its like he knows he's onto a tanker and is just happy to let the ship sink :lol

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby AkydefGoldberg » May 24, '15, 12:26 pm

^You should have seen that live ad last Sunday of Clooney with the stunning Nat Sawyer of SSN - he couldn't be arsed then either.

But would have watched this if it wasn't for Graham Norton but Rock's a class act when it comes to chat shows. I remember, around 2008/9 IIIRC he was on Jonathan Ross when he was on the BBC and this was the time when Rock was out of wrestling completely and any questions asked on it would see Rock become a tad short with his answer and diplomatic but on Ross' show, he was courteous and comfortable.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Viazon » May 24, '15, 12:29 pm

I like Graham Norton.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Kirbi » May 25, '15, 12:55 pm

^
Me too! I also thought that bit was fun and light. :)

Kirbi None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 11

Postby Viazon » May 25, '15, 1:06 pm

Yeah it was. I didn't think it was cringe worthy or anything at all. He was interviewing The Rock. He had to talk about wrestling a little bit. And Graham probably doesn't know anything about wrestling and I wouldn't expect him to. I like it when someone who clearly doesn't know much about wrestling is interviewing a wrestle. Because when he asks him about stuff like this, it all seems like some kind of secret that I am already a part of.

While I do like Graham Norton, I will tend to only watch if I like who his guests are. This week it's Chris Pratt, so you can be sure I'm tuning in.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Kirbi » May 25, '15, 2:53 pm

My favourite thing about the GN Show is when there's both and A-list non-brit, and a cool but small-time british star, and they get on really well. That shit is gold.

Kirbi None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 11

Postby Hanley! » May 25, '15, 3:02 pm

Yeah, it's fun watching the Hollywood stars palling around with the British comedians. When you get the right pairing the show can be great.

Also, it's always a lot of fun when the American stars realise that they're allowed to swear on the show and that they can drink alcohol while they're there. I think a lot of them like the more laid back, informal environment and it tends to bring out their funny side.

I like Norton as a host. He's a big personality and sometimes he makes things about himself rather than the star, but I kinda think that's okay for this kind of set up. The point of the show is that it's more of a conversation, that they can relax and joke around. If it was just him kissing the celebrities' asses constantly, the show wouldn't be nearly as entertaining.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Return to The Pub