It is currently: May 14, '24, 8:09 pm

Please sponsor my friend for Comic Relief.

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

Please sponsor my friend for Comic Relief.

Postby Viazon » Mar 03, '15, 12:07 pm

My friend works for Toyota and he and a bunch of his co-workers competing in an event for charity. They are traveling from Land's End in Cornwall (the most southern part of the UK) to John O'Groats (the most northernly part of the UK) 954 miles in total, in a special edition Toyota Yaris Hybrid Rally Car.

More info on it is here.

http://steveneagellbedford.toyota.co.uk/rednoseday

I have already donated. My friend haven't asked me to do this, but I figured if I could help him out in any way, then I would at least try. If you feel like you want to donate, please do do using that link.

Thanks in advance.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 244

Re: Please sponsor my friend for Comic Relief.

Postby PorkChop » Mar 03, '15, 12:28 pm

Tell your friend that the record for Land's End to John O'Groats on a tandem is 2 days, 2 hours.

Seeing as he's in a car, if he takes any longer than a single day, he should be thoroughly ashamed of himself.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 1430

Re: Please sponsor my friend for Comic Relief.

Postby Viazon » Mar 03, '15, 12:40 pm

According to the site, it's a 19 hour drive. Apparently they want to do it in one day.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 244

Return to The Pub