It is currently: May 07, '24, 7:01 pm

Sexuality: Is it a choice?

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

Re: Sexuality: Is it a choice?

Postby Daz » Feb 27, '15, 6:34 pm

Circled Square wrote:I didn't create the fucking thread. I simply gave my opinion which did not comply with the hivemind consensus that it's 100% natural and okay. I signed up here to talk wrestling, not politics. Don't let my Hitler sig fool you of that. This is not a platform to discuss all things social and political. Don''t call me a "little cunt" because that puts me in a tough spot. Do I fall for the trap and start flinging my shit at you, only to get banned for flaming? No. Leave me the fuck alone. I've enjoyed discussing this with Twisted, even if she doesn't agree with me - she hasn't resorted to try and make my argument look weak or calling me a little cunt. Even though, I'll reiterate again, I feel no hatred/anger towards you, you're making it very hard for me not to. It's just strange how emotional you're getting over this shit. I'm a wrestling fan discussing a social issue on the off topic board. I am no expert. Don't know why you're taking this as serious as you are.

Do you not see how referring to the majority opinion here as a "hivemind consensus" devalues your own argument, implying that we as individuals aren't capable of thinking for ourselves, because we don't agree with you? Do you not see, how offensive some of the arguments you have made in this thread, have been, regardless of whether or not you made it. And why would it be strange, for someone to get emotional over a topic like this? I take it seriously, because I literally saw a good friend of mine, have the fuck beaten out of him by his own father when he came out. I've had plenty of gay friends, male and female, and your opinion is extremely offensive to me, as it would be to them.

The fact you can be so detached when discussing things lie this, especially on the topic of transsexuals, who have gone through more mental anguish than either of us can ever bloody fathom, is also pretty disturbing to me.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 25

Postby Str8Shooter » Feb 27, '15, 6:35 pm

Viazon wrote:Seriously, what the fuck did I start?

I just thought I was posting a simple Walking Deaf thread.

This is all your fault Viazon!! :angry4

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 359

Postby Twister » Feb 27, '15, 6:37 pm

Circled Square wrote:I brought it up because it's still on the topic of sexuality. I mean how can you say feeling like a woman isn't a sexual issue, when you're a man?

I didn't say it wasn't a sexual issue, just that being transsexual is different to being gay or straight. It's not a sexual orientation, it's more to do with the gender you feel you are supposed to be rather than who you are attracted to.

Last edited by Twister on Feb 27, '15, 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author
Topics: 56

Postby Messiah » Feb 27, '15, 6:39 pm

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Circled Square » Feb 27, '15, 6:40 pm

I'm not going to sit here and cry because your Gay friend got beaten by his POS dad for coming out. That's not common, who the fuck reacts to things like that? I've heard stories of people who I grew up with coming out, and the conflict between them and their parents was a religious one...but they got over it. I only said that the hivemind thing exists here because of how this is an opinionated issue with no definitive answer. You can't be hating on me for saying that it's possible that it could be a mental illness. There's no answer yet. I don't know what cause people to become Gay. It's certainly not "I WUZ BORN DIS WAY GUIS" at least not in my opinion. that's just way too simple for me to believe in.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby Viazon » Feb 27, '15, 6:41 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:
Viazon wrote:Seriously, what the fuck did I start?

I just thought I was posting a simple Walking Deaf thread.

This is all your fault Viazon!! :angry4

If it helps, I'm not proud of myself.

I'm a little proud.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby Str8Shooter » Feb 27, '15, 6:41 pm

Circled Square wrote:I'm not going to sit here and cry because your Gay friend got beaten by his POS dad for coming out.

Jesus man, you really need to learn how to choose your words more carefully.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Twister » Feb 27, '15, 6:42 pm

And implying a sexual orientation is a mental health condition isn't simplistic?

Last edited by Twister on Feb 27, '15, 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Circled Square » Feb 27, '15, 6:43 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:
Circled Square wrote:I'm not going to sit here and cry because your Gay friend got beaten by his POS dad for coming out.

Jesus man, you really need to learn how to choose your words more carefully.

Beaten up by his piece of shit dad for not coming out. What's wrong with that? That's terrible and I agree it's terrible. People like that don't deserve to breathe air - it's bad enough beating your own spawn but for being Gay? Awful.

@Twister

Err....no, it isn't. The brain is a very complex system.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Postby Twister » Feb 27, '15, 6:45 pm

Yes it is, so why is suggesting people are born the way they are, that it's hard wired into the brain from birth (or even conception) the simple option?

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Daz » Feb 27, '15, 6:46 pm

Circled Square wrote:I'm not going to sit here and cry because your Gay friend got beaten by his POS dad for coming out. That's not common, who the fuck reacts to things like that? I've heard stories of people who I grew up with coming out, and the conflict between them and their parents was a religious one...but they got over it. I only said that the hivemind thing exists here because of how this is an opinionated issue with no definitive answer. You can't be hating on me for saying that it's possible that it could be a mental illness. There's no answer yet. I don't know what cause people to become Gay. It's certainly not "I WUZ BORN DIS WAY GUIS" at least not in my opinion. that's just way too simple for me to believe in.

And again, you degrade you own argument by acting like a massive cunt.

It's certainly not "I WUZ BORN DIS WAY GUIS"

Really? Fucking really? Are you that mentally inept you can't see how the wording of you argument is offensive to the people who disagree with your point?

Also, shall we start rounding up all the religious people in the world because there's o definitive or scientific proof of God. Surely they're all suffering from some mental condition too, like all the gays, queers, dykes and trannies.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Circled Square » Feb 27, '15, 6:46 pm

Twister wrote:Yes it is, so why is suggesting people are born the way they are, that it's hard wired into the brain from birth (or even conception) the simple option?

Because of how some people become gay via traumatic sexual experiences like molestation and the such. It's a touchy subject for sure. Also, your sexual organs aren't even functional at birth so I think it's more of a thing decided at puberty.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Circled Square » Feb 27, '15, 6:52 pm

Daz wrote:
Circled Square wrote:I'm not going to sit here and cry because your Gay friend got beaten by his POS dad for coming out. That's not common, who the fuck reacts to things like that? I've heard stories of people who I grew up with coming out, and the conflict between them and their parents was a religious one...but they got over it. I only said that the hivemind thing exists here because of how this is an opinionated issue with no definitive answer. You can't be hating on me for saying that it's possible that it could be a mental illness. There's no answer yet. I don't know what cause people to become Gay. It's certainly not "I WUZ BORN DIS WAY GUIS" at least not in my opinion. that's just way too simple for me to believe in.

And again, you degrade you own argument by acting like a massive cunt.

It's certainly not "I WUZ BORN DIS WAY GUIS"

Really? Fucking really? Are you that mentally inept you can't see how the wording of you argument is offensive to the people who disagree with your point?

Also, shall we start rounding up all the religious people in the world because there's o definitive or scientific proof of God. Surely they're all suffering from some mental condition too, like all the gays, queers, dykes and trannies.

Can you give me a direct quote from me (Circled Square) were I said we should round up Gays/Trannies because of how they are? Are you so mentally inept that you can't see the hypocrisy in stating how offensive I am whilst calling me "inept" and a cunt? I don't give a flying fuck if people get offended by me stating that it's possible homosexuality & transsexualism could be caused by a mental issue. No, fuck you, I've got my opinions and I can state them if I want to. It's a sensitive subject, of course people will get into it - but it's not as if I'm personally attacking you or anybody else in this thread with my opinions.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Str8Shooter » Feb 27, '15, 6:54 pm

Alright, I'm locking this, it's gone far beyond civil discussion and I'm not going to blame anyone right here, but this can't continue. I suggest everyone take a walk and cool off, maybe come back on later.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Previous

Return to The Pub