It is currently: May 10, '24, 11:05 pm

Something you might not have known about Birmingham ...

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

Something you might not have known about Birmingham ...

Postby Hanley! » Jan 11, '15, 7:07 pm

@Twister & @Camstud, I'd be interested on getting your take on this particular story. Apparently both of you, and everyone you grew up with are all Muslims. I apologize if you're just discovering this for the first time.

Not only is your entire city comprised of Muslims, but they're violent to the point where non-Muslims simply will not go there.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11338985/Fox-News-terror-expert-says-everyone-in-Birmingham-is-a-Muslim.html

This was declared on a Fox News broadcast by a bona fide "terror expert". And if I can't trust the terror experts of Fox News, then I just don't know who to trust.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 165

Re: Something you might not have known about Birmingham ...

Postby Everlong » Jan 11, '15, 7:08 pm

HOLY FUCK this is a serious thing?!?!

The woman on the left's reaction is priceless, she can't believe what she's hearing. But why should I be surprised at this coming out of Fox News.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby Viazon » Jan 11, '15, 7:19 pm

What a complete load of donkey shit.

Granted, there are a lot of Muslims in Birmingham. But what this man in this video has said is just completely ridiculous. I can't even begin to comprehend where he has gotten his information from. I have been to Birmingham many times. So that blows his theory right out of the water.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby Hanley! » Jan 11, '15, 7:20 pm

Viazon wrote:What a complete load of donkey shit.

Granted, there are a lot of Muslims in Birmingham. But what this man in this video has said is just completely ridiculous. I can't even begin to comprehend where he has gotten his information from. I have been to Birmingham many times. So that blows his theory right out of the water.

But are you sure you're not a Muslim?

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author
Topics: 165

Postby EmperorWu » Jan 11, '15, 7:22 pm

If you're familiar with Fox news you'd know she's one of the biggest fear-mongers on there. Can't speak to how true those statements are, but I can say most people I know are sadly very hateful of Muslims. It makes it hard to see situations objectively. When you have every excuse and justification for your actions, yet act like any small transgression by those "others" are acts of evil people it makes it hard to find middle ground. I know a lot of people feel like they shouldn't have to apologize for others, which I agree with. As individuals we shouldn't be judged by the actions of others. However that's sadly not the world we live in. I really hope more Muslims will speak out against horrible actions, and try to come together with other peoples in their communities. Keeping quiet doesn't help when the only image of your people portrayed on tv is negative. You need to show people around you that you're just as human as them and make them rethink how they see you as a whole and also stand up against other Muslims, if you can, who make it harder on everyone else with their actions.

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jan 12, '15, 5:31 am

#FoxNewsFacts was trending on Twitter - loved that! Here was my contribution.

The guy has apologised to the city of Birmingham and is making a donation but not to Muslims for scare-mongering by using them.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Chewy » Jan 12, '15, 5:40 am

Birmingham is worse than the Gaza Strip.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Postby Daz » Jan 12, '15, 7:34 am

This is just straight bullshit propaganda. They're a gun or suicide bomb away from being as extreme as the so called extremists.

I can't believe they're allowed to broadcast this tripe. It's just so misinformed it angers me. There are so many better reasons not to go to Birmingham.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Camstud » Jan 12, '15, 7:41 am

There's been a pretty huge backlash (as expected) locally surrounding this, and with good reason too. Birmingham is one of the most diverse cities in England; and yes you have certain areas which are heavily populated by Muslims but I used to live in one of those areas myself and you will always see blacks, whites and asians walking around there. It's also not particularly violent.

His statement is so ridiculous that when I first heard it I wasn't even angry, I just simply had to laugh to myself and wait for the inevitable backlash. I'm glad there's been a pretty big uproar about it though, this idiot deserved to get called out on his bullshit and I didn't want people having the wrong idea of Birmingham. I just have literally no clue who informed him about Birmingham before he went on-air :bs

In summary: No, Muslims have not conquered Birmingham. Yes, they do live there and we all get on very well.

Feel free to report that, Fox News.

prophet wrote:
HFX wrote:
Viazon wrote:Fuck Nandos. Go to the meat counter in Tescos. You can get a whole chicken for not that much. Ready cooked. Me and my friends used to get them all the time then just eat them in the car.

Man I always think you can't get more weird and then you say something else :lol

The image of Viazon and his equally odd mates all sat outside the supermarket eating chicken together in the car is too much :lol
Camstud None specified
B+ Player
B+ Player

Topics: 36

Postby PorkChop » Jan 12, '15, 7:45 am

TIL I am a Muslim

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Twister » Jan 12, '15, 3:21 pm

Camstud wrote:There's been a pretty huge backlash (as expected) locally surrounding this, and with good reason too. Birmingham is one of the most diverse cities in England; and yes you have certain areas which are heavily populated by Muslims but I used to live in one of those areas myself and you will always see blacks, whites and asians walking around there. It's also not particularly violent.

His statement is so ridiculous that when I first heard it I wasn't even angry, I just simply had to laugh to myself and wait for the inevitable backlash. I'm glad there's been a pretty big uproar about it though, this idiot deserved to get called out on his bullshit and I didn't want people having the wrong idea of Birmingham. I just have literally no clue who informed him about Birmingham before he went on-air :bs

In summary: No, Muslims have not conquered Birmingham. Yes, they do live there and we all get on very well.

Feel free to report that, Fox News.

Basically this.

I do love waking up in the morning to be told by someone who doesn't even live in this country and has probably never even set foot in Birmingham that my home city is a non-muslim no go area. Considering Birmingham has a population of around 1million and out of that only something like 100 thousand are Muslim, it's safe to say his comments are completely inaccurate. Honestly it's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. The scary thing is there are probably a couple of people on my Facebook who would believe this sort of shit. I had to laugh about it, otherwise I'd cry at the utter stupidity. I'd be really interested to know where he got his information from :lol

Birmingham is a multicultural city and the large majority of it's residents are proud of that.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby SortaCreative » Jan 12, '15, 3:31 pm

I knew Birmingham was crappy but I didn't know it was that bad. Jeezzzzz

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Viazon » Jan 12, '15, 5:47 pm

In case anyone was wondering. I doubt much has changed in four years.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby SortaCreative » Jan 13, '15, 6:50 am

While this is all funny and stuff but

How the fuck are Fox News just allowed to keep spewing bullshit? I don't understand. Shouldn't a News outlet be held to standards of some kind?

Fox News is a joke

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Daz » Jan 15, '15, 2:34 am

If you go to Norwich...

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Locke » Jan 15, '15, 8:27 am

Don't let them fool you, guysh, it's a trap. They want you to believe they're not Muslim but in reality.. in reality..

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Return to The Pub