It is currently: May 11, '24, 3:30 pm

Plans for 2015

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

Plans for 2015

Postby HardcoreLegend » Jan 11, '15, 4:19 pm

We're 11 days into 2015. Has anyone made any plans for the year? Any holidays planned? Big milestones occurring? Some new career prospects?

HardcoreLegend None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 50

Re: Plans for 2015

Postby Hanley! » Jan 11, '15, 4:24 pm

I'm getting married in November. So that's the big one for me. Not arranging any big holidays or anything, cos we have to save our money. We might have a honeymoon after the wedding, but we'll likely leave that for the next summer.

I was also considering getting surgery this year, to try and prevent some stomach problems I've been having the last couple of years. Though the recovery period is quick, it can take a long time for people to get back to regular eating solid food, so I think I might leave it until next year (aka. after the wedding ... if I'm paying several thousand euro for dinner, I want to make sure I enjoy it).

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby PorkChop » Jan 11, '15, 4:32 pm

I've recently got a new girlfriend who's pretty cool, and we have plans to do a lot of things together. She wants to go to the theatre, the zoo, tons of places. I'm looking forward to all of those.

Another plan of mine is to find a full-time job. I'm starting a temporary job tomorrow until the end of March (£12 an hour!) but I'd prefer to have a job which can guarantee me stability and longevity.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jan 11, '15, 4:41 pm

Well, I've been given another year in my job which is a relief - but was told I'd be safe tbf - but hope 2015 is a year where people in my professional environment can cut out the BS and politics and be more harmonious but maybe that's wishful dreaming from me.

On another big note, I'm - at the age of 28 - getting married also around March-April time (so I'll be disappearing around this time for abit) so absolutely bricking that because it brings its own pressures and Asian weddings aren't low key affairs much to my chagrin so I'll be playing the 'happy' groom on the outside and thinking 'can't wait till this is fucking over' on the inside ha!

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby flock u » Jan 11, '15, 4:54 pm

My wife and I will be welcoming our 2nd daughter to the world in early Febuary and in June I hit my five year mark in sobriety

flock u Male
Jobber
Jobber

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 3

Postby Everlong » Jan 11, '15, 6:32 pm

flock u wrote:My wife and I will be welcoming our 2nd daughter to the world in early Febuary and in June I hit my five year mark in sobriety

Congrats on both counts man, that's a huge deal!

Congrats to Aky as well, had no idea you were due for a wedding! That makes three of us then... like Hanley!, I'm also getting married next fall (in September). So it's definitely a big life change, but I can't wait for it. That's pretty much the biggest thing coming my way this year.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Hanley! » Jan 11, '15, 6:48 pm

AkydefGoldberg wrote:On another big note, I'm - at the age of 28 - getting married also around March-April time (so I'll be disappearing around this time for abit) so absolutely bricking that because it brings its own pressures and Asian weddings aren't low key affairs much to my chagrin so I'll be playing the 'happy' groom on the outside and thinking 'can't wait till this is fucking over' on the inside ha!

When did you get engaged? You were keeping that one to yourself! Congratulations, man.

flock u wrote:My wife and I will be welcoming our 2nd daughter to the world in early Febuary and in June I hit my five year mark in sobriety

Congrats, both very big deals! I'm sure this new addition to your family will make it that much easier to extend that five year mark.

Everlong wrote:Congrats to Aky as well, had no idea you were due for a wedding! That makes three of us then... like Hanley!, I'm also getting married next fall (in September). So it's definitely a big life change, but I can't wait for it. That's pretty much the biggest thing coming my way this year.

WWE-Club has definitely grown up, alright. :P It's pretty crazy how time flies.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Viazon » Jan 11, '15, 7:15 pm

I have actually quite a big year ahead of me.

First off, got two weddings to go to this year. One is my cousins. The other is my best friends. Weddings are always a lot of fun. My cousins one will most likely the typical family affair where I get drunk with a bunch of my extended family members, most of whom I barely even like. But my friends one is the one I'm really looking forward to. It is also the first wedding ever where I will actually be part of it as a groomsman.

My whole family are also planning on going to Italy in the summer to see our family over there. None of us have been back there in years. It's been well over ten years since I have last been so it will be nice to get back there again. My friend has also asked me about wanting to go snowboarding in Andorra which would be nice. The one I am most looking forward to though is my friends stag do in Amsterdam. Can't wait for that one.

So I've got a lot going on this year. The thing I am perhaps most looking forward though is seeing Foo Fighters in Wembley. Only seen them live once before and they were amazing.

As with every year, I promise myself that I am finally gonna meet myself a nice girlfriend. Never have much luck. Here's to hoping this year is different.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby EmperorWu » Jan 11, '15, 7:31 pm

Everyone has great goals for their future and mine is to learn to play the guitar... :lol Just ordered one and should be in any day.

I also plan on staying on track with my schooling, working towards being a Journeyman level machinist.

Hopefully I'll find a special lady too, getting to that age when having a family sounds right. Need to find that someone special though, the idea of staying with the wrong person and being miserable for the rest of my life sounds pretty scary.

Anyway congrats to all the people getting married. May you have many years of love and happiness in your future. :cheers

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby flock u » Jan 11, '15, 11:47 pm

AkydefGoldberg wrote:Well, I've been given another year in my job which is a relief - but was told I'd be safe tbf - but hope 2015 is a year where people in my professional environment can cut out the BS and politics and be more harmonious but maybe that's wishful dreaming from me.

On another big note, I'm - at the age of 28 - getting married also around March-April time (so I'll be disappearing around this time for abit) so absolutely bricking that because it brings its own pressures and Asian weddings aren't low key affairs much to my chagrin so I'll be playing the 'happy' groom on the outside and thinking 'can't wait till this is fucking over' on the inside ha!

Congrats on the wedding dude. Trust me when that ceremony starts and you see the love of your life coming down the aisle all your stress will just magically go away :)

flock u Male
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 3

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jan 12, '15, 5:29 am

Everlong wrote:Congrats to Aky as well, had no idea you were due for a wedding!

Hanley! wrote:When did you get engaged? You were keeping that one to yourself! Congratulations, man.

Thanks boys! It was finalised last November but was keeping it under wraps but I think because I'm a pessimist so I'm already stressed (ain't cheap I'm afraid!) and because it probably hasn't sunk in yet lol.

flock u wrote:Congrats on the wedding dude. Trust me when that ceremony starts and you see the love of your life coming down the aisle all your stress will just magically go away :)

Thanks bud. Well I hope so but it's slightly different. A Muslim wedding tends to drag on for a week of activities before the big day (or days I should say as both bride and groom have their own day where they invite their own guests/relatives etc but we're doing one luckily) so I'm kinda, might sound harsh, but wanting to get it done and dusted pronto! Ha!

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Camstud » Jan 12, '15, 7:46 am

My aim is to get out of my current job and start a proper career in a decent one. That's the really main one for me so I'll be putting a lot of effort into that for the first few months of 2015. Also, with there being a good chance of me and my girlfriend living in different cities for the first time I'll be trying to make sure that doesn't go all pear-shaped.

Congrats Aky, that's great news mate! :cheers

prophet wrote:
HFX wrote:
Viazon wrote:Fuck Nandos. Go to the meat counter in Tescos. You can get a whole chicken for not that much. Ready cooked. Me and my friends used to get them all the time then just eat them in the car.

Man I always think you can't get more weird and then you say something else :lol

The image of Viazon and his equally odd mates all sat outside the supermarket eating chicken together in the car is too much :lol
Camstud None specified
B+ Player
B+ Player

Topics: 36

Postby Daz » Jan 12, '15, 8:54 am

AkydefGoldberg wrote:
Everlong wrote:Congrats to Aky as well, had no idea you were due for a wedding!

Hanley! wrote:When did you get engaged? You were keeping that one to yourself! Congratulations, man.

Thanks boys! It was finalised last November but was keeping it under wraps but I think because I'm a pessimist so I'm already stressed (ain't cheap I'm afraid!) and because it probably hasn't sunk in yet lol.

flock u wrote:Congrats on the wedding dude. Trust me when that ceremony starts and you see the love of your life coming down the aisle all your stress will just magically go away :)

Thanks bud. Well I hope so but it's slightly different. A Muslim wedding tends to drag on for a week of activities before the big day (or days I should say as both bride and groom have their own day where they invite their own guests/relatives etc but we're doing one luckily) so I'm kinda, might sound harsh, but wanting to get it done and dusted pronto! Ha!

Congratulations mate. Nice to see so many people here finding birds who can tolerate them. Gives hope to the rest of us.

My aims for 2015- Finish Book. Don't die. Seems like a sound strategy.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Twister » Jan 12, '15, 4:09 pm

Last year was pretty crappy for us, so we're hoping this year will be better. Obviously it's early days but things seem to be going well so far. Plans for 2015 include:

Move house, this is happening this coming Saturday in fact so I've been pretty busy packing, getting stuff sorted and moving stuff over (our new landlords are my partners aunt and uncle so they've let us have the keys early to decorate and start moving bits in). We're so excited as the house is pretty much perfect and much better than where we are currently. It really feels like a home. Looking forward to a fresh start.

Give birth to a healthy baby sometime in May, so far so good with the pregnancy so fingers crossed everything goes smoothly. Hoping I can go into labour naturally this time rather than having to be induced first time round.

My other half to get a new job. He has a job now which of course we are grateful for but he does a lot of hours for little pay and pretty much zero chance of progression, fingers crossed he can find something better.

If all 3 of these things happen then I will have no complaints.

Last edited by Twister on Jan 12, '15, 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby Romo » Jan 12, '15, 4:17 pm

my goal for the year is to get to allow me to redesign the forum

Romo Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 225

Postby Everlong » Jan 12, '15, 5:21 pm

Romo wrote:my goal for the year is to get to allow me to redesign the forum

I mean if you put together a proposal I'm fine with it.

But first, you need to get me that header :p

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby SortaCreative » Jan 12, '15, 6:27 pm

AkydefGoldberg wrote:Thanks bud. Well I hope so but it's slightly different. A Muslim wedding tends to drag on for a week of activities before the big day (or days I should say as both bride and groom have their own day where they invite their own guests/relatives etc but we're doing one luckily) so I'm kinda, might sound harsh, but wanting to get it done and dusted pronto! Ha!

Congrats dude.

Although I don't envy you. I know full well of the week of horrors a wedding can bring. Is this a solo venture or are we talking rishta? I'm quite the big softie for tradition... :nodding

My goal is to write my book. Like it has been for the last 6 years. :banghead

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jan 13, '15, 2:35 pm

SortaCreative wrote:
AkydefGoldberg wrote:Thanks bud. Well I hope so but it's slightly different. A Muslim wedding tends to drag on for a week of activities before the big day (or days I should say as both bride and groom have their own day where they invite their own guests/relatives etc but we're doing one luckily) so I'm kinda, might sound harsh, but wanting to get it done and dusted pronto! Ha!

Congrats dude.

Although I don't envy you. I know full well of the week of horrors a wedding can bring. Is this a solo venture or are we talking rishta? I'm quite the big softie for tradition... :nodding

Thanks pal.

It's a rishta. Either way - I'm bricking it! (and also for my bank balance)

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Hanley! » Jan 13, '15, 4:13 pm

EmperorWu wrote:Everyone has great goals for their future and mine is to learn to play the guitar... :lol Just ordered one and should be in any day.

That's not a bad goal at all. I hope you have fun with it. It's tough at first but it gets easier pretty quickly, so don't let the sore fingers put you off. :P

Just out of curiosity, what make of guitar did you order? Are you learning on acoustic or electric?

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby EmperorWu » Jan 13, '15, 4:27 pm

Hanley! wrote:
EmperorWu wrote:Everyone has great goals for their future and mine is to learn to play the guitar... :lol Just ordered one and should be in any day.

That's not a bad goal at all. I hope you have fun with it. It's tough at first but it gets easier pretty quickly, so don't let the sore fingers put you off. :P

Just out of curiosity, what make of guitar did you order? Are you learning on acoustic or electric?

I bought an Epiphone Les Paul Special II. I wanted the best quality I could find for a cheap price, since I don't know yet if I'll end up sticking to it and didn't want to throw away too much money if I quit, and that fit the bill as best as my research showed. If I stick to it, I plan on getting something much better later on. I also hope to learn acoustic guitar. I really like Spanish style. Ultimately my true goal is to learn to play the Banjo. I just figured electric was a better starting point, since I could try learning guitar with Rocksmith and see if that is a good way to go about it.

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 62

Next

Return to The Pub