It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 8:23 pm

Does anyone know if Bryan had access to PM's?

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

Does anyone know if Bryan had access to PM's?

Postby PorkChop » Oct 09, '13, 8:54 am

Some people are saying he did. I'm wondering if anyone knows for sure.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Re: Does anyone know if Bryan had access to PM's?

Postby Enygma » Oct 09, '13, 8:55 am

I'm sure I read somewhere he could snoop into PM's. But that might have been a dream or a different forum :lol

Credit to Romo for the sig.

Arrive. Dare To Zlatan. Leave.
Enygma Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 27

Postby ShaneOfan » Oct 09, '13, 9:05 am

AndJusticeForAll wrote:I'm sure I read somewhere he could snoop into PM's. But that might have been a dream or a different forum :lol

Is Bryan the NSA?

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby Everlong » Oct 09, '13, 9:06 am

I really have no idea, but if he did he'd have seen that I sent approximately 70 PMs within 24 hours with links to this place :lol

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby GameDesigner14 » Oct 09, '13, 9:08 am

I think Bryan and Cris had access to pm's...not 100% sure.

GameDesigner14 Female
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 28

Postby PorkChop » Oct 09, '13, 9:13 am

If he did have access to PM's, it's a miracle he ever appointed me moderator, put it that way.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Postby Twister » Oct 09, '13, 9:16 am

I *think* most forum Admins have access to pm's. At least in my experience. That doesn't mean all forum admins will go round reading everyone's messages unnecessarily though, it's usually saved for if they suspect suspicious activity, if they have reason to believe that something odd is going on (bullying or trolling among a group for example) then they will look at suspected members PM's.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby Everlong » Oct 09, '13, 9:16 am

Twister wrote:I *think* most forum Admins have access to pm's. At least in my experience. That doesn't mean all forum admins will go round reading everyone's messages unnecessarily though, it's usually saved for if they suspect suspicious activity, if they have reason to believe that something odd is going on (bullying or trolling among a group for example) then they will look at suspected members PM's.

Well looking at the ACP on here, I don't have access to your PMs unless they get reported by other members... at least, that's what it looks like.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Enygma » Oct 09, '13, 9:17 am

PorkChop wrote:If he did have access to PM's, it's a miracle he ever appointed me moderator, put it that way.

:lol, did you slag him off or something?

Credit to Romo for the sig.

Arrive. Dare To Zlatan. Leave.
Enygma Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 27

Postby Twister » Oct 09, '13, 9:20 am

reyflyinfury619 wrote:
Twister wrote:I *think* most forum Admins have access to pm's. At least in my experience. That doesn't mean all forum admins will go round reading everyone's messages unnecessarily though, it's usually saved for if they suspect suspicious activity, if they have reason to believe that something odd is going on (bullying or trolling among a group for example) then they will look at suspected members PM's.

Well looking at the ACP on here, I don't have access to your PMs unless they get reported by other members... at least, that's what it looks like.

I guess it depends, I mean this is the free version of the software, right? Maybe with the paid version you get wider access if that makes sense.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby HFX » Oct 09, '13, 10:20 am

I saw Bryan say before that he could read pm's, wouldn't shock me if he was snooping in Tim's page and saw them. He's a bit if a turd.

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 43

Postby War Daddy » Oct 09, '13, 2:59 pm

I'm just glad I dont have to deal with the old fart no more.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby Hanley! » Oct 09, '13, 3:03 pm

I'm almost certain he did. I remember hearing talk of him snooping into people's PMs before. Though I presume he didn't spend all his time reading every PM that was sent.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby MotorCitySaint » Oct 09, '13, 3:49 pm

HFX wrote:I saw Bryan say before that he could read pm's, wouldn't shock me if he was snooping in Tim's page and saw them. He's a bit if a turd.

Considering how quickly wwe-club went down as soon as this site started, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he could.

MotorCitySaint Male
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 3

Postby SlightlyJames » Oct 09, '13, 4:02 pm

Yeah him talking about PM snooping definitely rings a bell.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby Georgerv » Oct 09, '13, 5:08 pm

Yeah I remember him saying he could, it was at a time when he was trying to stop people form trading Stream links in PMs. I think he gave up on that after a while.

But yeah i could definitely see him closing down the sit out of spite or hurt, when seeing how easily we set up a new community.

Don't get me wrong, I almost sympathize with Bryan, he put a lot of effort into setting up and maintaining that site, and it must suck to then watch someone else take the general userbase and set up their own forum with it.... I say almost however, as he was so resistant to accepting other people's ideas to boost his site, and pretty much gave up a couple years ago

Georgerv Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 42

Postby Twister » Oct 10, '13, 1:31 am

But if he was planning on closing the site anyway, what does it matter if his userbase set up another place where they could congregate?

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby HFX » Oct 10, '13, 1:40 am

Twister wrote:But if he was planning on closing the site anyway, what does it matter if his userbase set up another place where they could congregate?

He's an old bitter angry spiteful turd. Not much else to him really.

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 43

Postby Locke » Oct 10, '13, 2:00 am

reyflyinfury619 wrote:

Twister wrote:
reyflyinfury619 wrote:

I guess it depends, I mean this is the free version of the software, right? Maybe with the paid version you get wider access if that makes sense.

The feature can be added with modification to the default code, and it's quite simple to do. I've done it on other forums but it was for cyber-bully prevention. I don't like it, however, and plan on never doing it again.

Twister wrote:But if he was planning on closing the site anyway, what does it matter if his userbase set up another place where they could congregate?

While there's certainly no proof, I believe he was attempting using scare tactics to enforce increased activity and perhaps donations. When he saw we could get along without him, he may have gotten upset or bitter.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby Chewy » Oct 10, '13, 2:34 am

The old bugger always had PMS.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Next

Return to The Pub