It is currently: May 09, '24, 8:14 pm

Secret Santa?

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

Secret Santa?

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Dec 19, '14, 5:02 pm

How many of you took part at work?

There was one at work but I didn't partake in it as I don't celebrate Xmas so just thought I'd leave it to the rest.

One guy was absolutely chuffed with what he got: an old comic book, chocolates and some beer that I'd never heard of (Iron Raider or something???) - all for a fiver.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Re: Secret Santa?

Postby Twister » Dec 19, '14, 5:53 pm

I've never done it, I've never had the opportunity tbh. None of the places I've worked at have ever done it, although I think it's become more popular over the past couple of years, in the sense that it means you only need to buy for one person rather than multiple people, times are hard and all that.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 56

Postby SortaCreative » Dec 19, '14, 7:03 pm

I feel like there's a lot of pressure with Secret Santa.

I mean what if you get someone you don't really like or know. That's pressure, you gotta think about it for abit then go out and buy them sommat. Do you really want to? No fuck that person.

I feel like there's more pressure when you really like the person. I mean really, really like them. They're hot, you're hot. You're hot for them. You get them in Secret Santa, do you make an effort? Will that diamond necklace look weird next to all the bottles of beer and pairs of socks? Idk, is it worth a shot? Maybe she might just swoon and you'll end up married. What if I look like a creep though, it's most likely that I do end up looking like the creep who spent 400 quid on a secret santa present.

Pressure.

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby PorkChop » Dec 21, '14, 5:13 pm

I took part with my mates. Bought one of my friends some beer.

I got Mein Kampf in return.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Hanley! » Dec 21, '14, 5:19 pm

PorkChop wrote:I took part with my mates. Bought one of my friends some beer.

I got Mein Kampf in return.

Well that's nice. You have the makings of a putsch between the two of you.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby The Legend » Dec 21, '14, 5:54 pm

I'v never done one at work. But, both sides of my extended family do a secret santa sort of concept. It becomes cheaper and easier for all of the adults to buy one really nice gift as opposed to a lot of smaller gifts for all of our family members so that is how we do it.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Westcoastvibes » Dec 21, '14, 6:25 pm

Fuck that shit.

Secret santa is nothing more than a way to make the loner outcast employee feel like he/she is important. I have been involved in a couple of them things and its always the cheapest shit gifted, until you get an employee that is secreted their buddy or some hot chick then the money gifts come out.

the worst is when they try to put stipulations in like no gift cards or no cash. that's when the real crappy gifts make an appearance.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby Camstud » Dec 23, '14, 4:22 pm

We did it at work this year. I was given a huge Arsenal mug (cunt) and a 10 pack of Peroni. Could've been worse.

prophet wrote:
HFX wrote:
Viazon wrote:Fuck Nandos. Go to the meat counter in Tescos. You can get a whole chicken for not that much. Ready cooked. Me and my friends used to get them all the time then just eat them in the car.

Man I always think you can't get more weird and then you say something else :lol

The image of Viazon and his equally odd mates all sat outside the supermarket eating chicken together in the car is too much :lol
Camstud None specified
B+ Player
B+ Player

Topics: 36

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Dec 23, '14, 4:34 pm

Camstud wrote:We did it at work this year. I was given a huge Arsenal mug (cunt) and a 10 pack of Peroni. Could've been worse.

The mug might come in handy if you need to desperately piss and someone is in the toilet...?

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Return to The Pub