It is currently: Jun 24, '24, 6:38 am

Pets are awesome

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

Pets are awesome

Postby HFX » Nov 07, '13, 5:14 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sumHPty0l8[/youtube]

I like to think my dog thinks this of me :lol. I want to get myself another one to keep her company. All she has is my brothers and my mothers cats for company and they suck.

Do any of y'all have a pet or want a pet? And if so what type/breed/gender is it?

My dog is named Vixen and she's my princess. I got her at the end of my first year of high school when she was just a little 3 month old puppy. Now she's 8 and middle aged. Even though I'm pretty poor right now I try and get her a bag of good treats every now and then as well as some canned wet food. I shouldn't but I even give her people food but now she's developed bad habits because of it so I wouldn't recommend it. It's also really nice to have something to come home to that's excited to see you. She waits at the window staring out when she can hear you then runs to the back door to greet you. She also sits outside the crapper while I'm in there and will hog my entire bed when I'm trying to sleep. Last night I had to squeeze against the wall because she wouldn't budge. I love when I'm just sitting on the couch late at night and she'll come and lay at my feet keeping them warm or hop up on the couch and lay with her head on my lap. If she didn't bark so loud or so much she'd be the perfect place.

If you ever want to be unconditionally loved get yourself a dog. Just remember they are a commitment and it ain't always gonna be roses. Sometimes they eat your socks, wallet and cellphone. Other times they steal your delicious lumberjack sandwich while you went to take a piss :(. Also dogs bark A LOT at everything. At least she's house broken :lol.

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 43

Re: Pets are awesome

Postby SKS » Nov 07, '13, 6:04 pm

Indeed, pets are great. You know about Marti, but for others:

He's about to be 1, and he's a Morkie (Maltese/Yorky). Got him when he was 3 months old and he weighed under 2 pounds! Turns out he was sick with a lot of parasites, he was vomiting, crying, and wouldn't eat. Took him to the hospital a few days after I met him, and was told that he might not make the night. That was heartbreaking. I cried a lot. But, after a stressful week in the hospital he was good. He reacted well to the medicine and began a normal life. Now he's just like any other dog, he's now 6 pounds and got a lot bigger than he once was. He's got a lovely personality and loves everyone, he's a tiny ball of sweetness. Maybe a bit too crazy sometimes and there are days when he drives me nuts, but I wouldn't trade him for anything, he's my little guy and part of my family.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 266

Birthday

Postby rawisjericho » Nov 07, '13, 11:18 pm

I have a female pit-bull named "Bella" and a male tuxedo cat named "Mittens" Last year I had to put to sleep my 12 year old cat "Sylvester". I cried for days. Some people who have never had a pet just don't understand how much they are a part of your family. My pets aren't just "there". I spend so much time petting, playing with, brushing etc. my cat and dog, that they are a significant part of my life and bring so much joy. They know when you aren't feeling well. It makes me so happy to come home and have them greet me. Yes, pets are awesome.

rawisjericho None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 7

Postby Matteo » Nov 08, '13, 4:56 am

I currently have a dog named Phillip and he's a labrador x staffy. Pretty much like this:

I got him in January of this year from the pound. He is three years old and has suffered from a pretty abusive past, which really is sad, but he is happy and contempt with his life now. Spoiled little brat he is!

Before him, I had an another dog named Blinky (a jack russell x chihuahua) who had been apart of my life since I was three years old. He died when I was eighteen. The date of his death being November 11, 2011, so two years will be coming up in a couple of days.

Pets are, indeed, awesome, but it's tragic to see 'em go.

Matteo Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 195

Postby VaderBomb » Nov 08, '13, 9:18 am

Grew up with a great dog named after Stone Cold, name being Austin. Currently I have two cats Lando (big grey fuzzy boy) and Super Tiger (petite tiger-print fuzzy girl). They're the first two cats that I've ever lived with and they are the best.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby PorkChop » Nov 08, '13, 12:22 pm

I have a cat back at home that my dad called Noah. He wanted to call me Noah when I was born but my mum wouldn't let him, so he settled for a cat instead.

I'd like a dog, when I get my own place after uni. English bulldogs are funny looking and pretty loveable, so one of those would be cool.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Kyle » Nov 08, '13, 3:36 pm

Some day I'm going to get another dog. Man's best friend for a reason.

I have two cats and they are awesome though.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 7

Return to The Pub