It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 5:43 am

What's the manliest thing you have done?

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

What's the manliest thing you have done?

Postby Westcoastvibes » Nov 18, '14, 9:44 pm

I thought this would be a fun topic, and possibly something a bunch of drunk guys in a bar would debate, so let's hear it!

I am not talking cliche shit like I fathered a child or I put a roof over my family's head. I wanna hear some shit talking man stories, something that would make chuck Norris proud like severing a man's corroded artery with a toothpick or hunting a moose with nothing but a rock and a sharp stick. :lol

I'll chime in after a few responses.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 98

Re: What's the manliest thing you have done?

Postby Everlong » Nov 19, '14, 10:58 pm

I'm not a particularly stereotypically manly guy, I'm afraid. I've chopped a lot of wood in my day, and once tore apart a concrete porch with a sledgehammer, that was pretty fun. I guess probably some of the vacations I've done that have involved a whole lot of hiking/camping/fishing would qualify here. Canoe trips in the Boundary Waters are pretty awesome and require at least a fair amount of outdoorsy skill.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby Westcoastvibes » Nov 20, '14, 5:16 am

^I've always wanted to go on a canoeing trip or similar like white water rafting, look keep like it would be a fun weekend thing to do that could be done with relatively small amounts of experience and skill (at least with your calmer rivers).

I've done the hiking/camping/fishing thing, I enjoy a good hike now and then but never got into camping/fishing, just never felt that spark while doing it that makes a man want to continue doing them.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Georgerv » Nov 20, '14, 10:43 am

I fought off three guys that were mugging a woman on my way home from a club once. Felt pretty fucking manly

Still didn't get me laid though

Georgerv Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 42

Postby The Legend » Nov 20, '14, 11:30 am

I can ride a bucking bronco better than anyone here. That much I guarantee.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby PorkChop » Nov 20, '14, 11:32 am

Not the answer you were probably expecting, but helping raise someone else's kid was probably the manliest thing I've done.

I got with a girl who had been dumped by her previous boyfriend because she got pregnant. He wanted her to get an abortion and she wouldn't, so he left her. The kid (a baby girl) was about 10 months old when we got together, and being responsible for her was difficult as fuck sometimes. She was the most hyperactive kid you could imagine, always wanted to play and explore the house. There was rarely a moment's peace with her around. It was quite overwhelming at times, especially as I had to juggle university as well, but looking back I loved every moment of it.

We broke up in the summer of 2013 and I haven't seen either of them since. It was quite upsetting as I was dumped over Skype (not even on a video call, through the text, lol) but the worst part was knowing I probably wouldn't see the kid again. I still get down about that every now and then, and some days nothing would make me happier than to sit down with her again, grab her bag of toys and just make a huge mess of the living room like we used to. But despite the sour ending, it was a great experience which helped me prepare for fatherhood later in life, should I have kids of my own.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Westcoastvibes » Nov 21, '14, 1:38 pm

Georgerv wrote:I fought off three guys that were mugging a woman on my way home from a club once. Felt pretty fucking manly

Still didn't get me laid though

That's awesome, It takes a lot of courage to step up and attempt to change the outcome of a bad situation, especially when your outnumbered and it's physical. You should have gotten laid though, sorry bout that. :lol

The Legend wrote:I can ride a bucking bronco better than anyone here. That much I guarantee.

Are you a cowboy? Or is "riding a bucking bronco" new slang for screwing a fat/ugly chick?

PorkChop wrote:Not the answer you were probably expecting, but helping raise someone else's kid was probably the manliest thing I've done.

I got with a girl who had been dumped by her previous boyfriend because she got pregnant. He wanted her to get an abortion and she wouldn't, so he left her. The kid (a baby girl) was about 10 months old when we got together, and being responsible for her was difficult as fuck sometimes. She was the most hyperactive kid you could imagine, always wanted to play and explore the house. There was rarely a moment's peace with her around. It was quite overwhelming at times, especially as I had to juggle university as well, but looking back I loved every moment of it.

We broke up in the summer of 2013 and I haven't seen either of them since. It was quite upsetting as I was dumped over Skype (not even on a video call, through the text, lol) but the worst part was knowing I probably wouldn't see the kid again. I still get down about that every now and then, and some days nothing would make me happier than to sit down with her again, grab her bag of toys and just make a huge mess of the living room like we used to. But despite the sour ending, it was a great experience which helped me prepare for fatherhood later in life, should I have kids of my own.

I have met a few guys that have been in this situation and all have ended the same, it takes a man to accept responsibility for another man's offspring and treat them as their own. To have that taken away all of a sudden can scar deep, deep enough that most men will avoid single mothers forever after it happens. I am truly sorry that you may not ever have interactions with the child again, all you can do is hope some of yourself impacted that child's life in some positive way.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby The Legend » Nov 21, '14, 1:47 pm

I wouldn't quite call myself a cowboy, there aren't many of those in the Midwest, but I did ride horses for roughly 20 years and encountered plenty of "interesting" scenarios I managed to survive when a horse would get a little unpredictable.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby Everlong » Nov 24, '14, 3:43 pm

The Legend wrote: I did ride horses for roughly 20 years

I didn't know that! How'd you get involved with that, did your family own them or were you involved in riding clubs or something?

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby The Legend » Nov 24, '14, 3:48 pm

Everlong wrote:

I didn't know that! How'd you get involved with that, did your family own them or were you involved in riding clubs or something?

I took lessons at a farm starting when I was in the first grade and pretty much going through college and a little bit past that.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby Westcoastvibes » Nov 24, '14, 8:31 pm

The Legend wrote:
Everlong wrote:

I took lessons at a farm starting when I was in the first grade and pretty much going through college and a little bit past that.

Never could do that, something about a animal that can whoop my ass makes me not want to ride them. Same reason I eat cows instead of riding them. :lol

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby The Legend » Nov 24, '14, 8:48 pm

Westcoastvibes wrote:
The Legend wrote:
Everlong wrote:

Never could do that, something about a animal that can whoop my ass makes me not want to ride them. Same reason I eat cows instead of riding them. :lol

Riding cows is purely for the clinically insane.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby Westcoastvibes » Nov 24, '14, 9:08 pm

The Legend wrote:
Westcoastvibes wrote:
The Legend wrote:
Everlong wrote:

Riding cows is purely for the clinically insane.

Haha, that's how I feel about horses, donkeys, camels, and any other rideable animal, including large dogs.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Return to The Pub