It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 8:59 pm

WWE-Club Appreciation Thread!

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

WWE-Club Appreciation Thread!

Postby JDD » Oct 09, '13, 5:08 am

This thread is to appreciate and reminisce the forum we all loved. Tell storys about how you joined and what not.

I was about 13 and going in to my freshman year of High School. I was just searching around the internet for some sort of sit to discuss wrestling, since most of my friends stopped watching andi wanted people to talk wrestling with. So i found wwe-club. Mostly lurked my first year there, didnt really become an active member until my second year. Its crazy because now im 17 in my senior year :lol

Thank you to everyone here for making wwe-club awesome, and coming here to make this place awesome to!

Timbangs all around in memory of wwe-club

:tim :tim :tim :tim :tim :tim :tim :tim :tim :tim :tim :tim :tim :tim :tim :tim :tim :tim :tim :tim :tim

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 78

Re: WWE-Club Appreciation Thread!

Postby Twister » Oct 09, '13, 8:08 am

I joined when I was about 14/15 I think? I was also looking for people to talk wrestling with since I didn't know anyone in RL who watched it. I left for a while when I was about 16/17. I think I may have even gotten banned but I honestly can't remember. I'm 22 now, I was pleased to find that upon my return there were still a few familiar faces around. Although a lot of my old buddies got banned from the club a long time ago due to a certain shoutbox/chat drama and I haven't spoken to any of them for years! I had some great group convo's with the likes of God That Failed, Iknowcool, peroxwhygen, Hanley and a few others.

Last edited by Twister on Oct 09, '13, 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 56

Postby Headlesspete » Oct 09, '13, 8:45 am

I joined around 8 years ago. It was awesome back then, one of the most thriving forum's I've been apart of. Gonna say the Destiny Game/WWDG was my favourite part. It had a few downs, but the ups were awesome and at one point i remember it was beating the WCSF in terms of activity (ratings if you will). But like WCW beating WWE for a while, we soon had our huge problems and sunk, and the WCSF lived on. Still, those times were awesome, and some of the most fun i had on that place.

Used to love the WWE forum as well. Back when we had real in depth discussions that led somewhere, and not just two words answers and nothing more. Hopefully this site will bring that old fun back!

I'd say I'm just thankful for that place because i met new mates who, while i don't know face to face, i consider friends who are good to chat with and share some good times.

R.I.P WWE-Club!

Headlesspete None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 61

Postby Everlong » Oct 09, '13, 9:13 am

As much as all of us have complained about that place recently, I think we can all say it was one of our favorite sites. I joined at 15 years old in 2003 and it's been a part of me ever since. Seven years running/writing in the WCSF, eight+ years of creating GFX, eightish years of running the NFL picks, a two-time Roundtable champion... I really did a lot of stuff on that site.

But the best memories I'll have will be staying up late at night on MSN with Chewy, The Crock and Master of Puppets in 2004-2006ish just shooting the shit, making GFX, bitching about the club (lol) and other stuff, as well as all the awesome convos with Taj, Steve and Brett about WCSF booking (which would inevitably lead to random other topics).

Wish the site went down in a different way. I think we all deserved better. But I'm glad I was able to enjoy it for a full decade.

LEAVE THE MEMORIES ALOONNEEE

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Daz » Oct 09, '13, 9:27 am

I have some very fond memories of WCSF, and that's pretty much my only contribution to WWE-Club in the 6 or so years I was there. Met some cool people there and had some cool moments, nearly caused a few suicides with my insanely long matches. And I very much enjoyed the few MSN group conversations I was apart of.

Thankfully most of the people I actually liked migrated over whilst the idiots that discouraged me from posting or contributing any sort of opinion outside of WCSF went down with the ship.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby BostonRob » Oct 09, '13, 10:00 am

WWE-CLUB was apart of my daily website checklist that i have while im working. It has been for the better part of 8 years. Although i did not post much in those 8 years, i feel like i was apart of your close knit family. WWE-CLUB has served its purpose but now its a new ERA, time for a new website to shine and cant wait to be apart of it by posting alot more :)

BostonRob None specified
Mark
Mark

Topics: 2

Postby The Crock » Oct 09, '13, 1:13 pm

So what the hell happened? Did Bryan just delete the board without saying anything? What a douche. Tim, I think you need to change your name to The.Club

The Crock None specified
Mark
Mark

Postby Enygma » Oct 09, '13, 1:14 pm

^^ You one of Tim's pals? Welcome Along :tim!

Credit to Romo for the sig.

Arrive. Dare To Zlatan. Leave.
Enygma Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 27

Postby Everlong » Oct 09, '13, 1:16 pm

The Crock wrote:So what the hell happened? Did Bryan just delete the board without saying anything? What a douche. Tim, I think you need to change your name to The.Club

DAAAAAAAN! :tim

Yeah, Bryan got real pissy one day and said he didn't think the club would be around much longer. He had some valid reasons, so ok, that's understandable. I put together this site and started inviting people via PM to come to this site so we could use it once the club no longer existed, and then 24 hours later the site was just gone, all that's there now is some dumb picture of a ship sailing into the sunset. The theory is that he found out about this place and decided to stick it to us before we could get everyone over here. Fortunately, we managed to get a pretty decent amount.

And lmao. A name change of some sort may be coming soon, but I'm a creature of habit.

I'm pumped that you're here! This place should be pretty great. Chewy will also be glad to see you here.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Hanley! » Oct 09, '13, 1:56 pm

The club was best back when I joined in 2005. For a couple of years after that, the place was always really busy. There would be a lot of debates and arguments that went on for quite a while and actually had a little depth to them. The Cena wars were always entertaining. Back when there was still a novelty to him being around.

The WCSF was another highlight. Booking with Tim, Taj and Brett was always a laugh and we came up with some stuff that I was pretty proud of. Those MSN conversations were some of the most fun I've had online.

The old GFX & Roundtable sections used to be fun too back when they were in full swing.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby GNR » Oct 09, '13, 3:13 pm

I joined when I was 12, and while it got the life sucked out of it there it at the end, it was a fun, enjoyable experience and it does suck to see it go. :(

GNR Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 18

Postby blackparade » Oct 09, '13, 3:33 pm

I joined WWE-Club when I was a senior in HS (10 damn years ago) and it was a good ride, even through 2 usernames. I'm here because this will fill the void I thought I would have by not having WWE-Club around anymore. Thanks for making this place whoever you are!

blackparade Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 1

Postby Rodman » Oct 09, '13, 4:13 pm

To many memories :(

Rodman None specified
Mark
Mark

Postby ShaneOfan » Oct 09, '13, 4:25 pm

Not to sound sentimental but the best parts of WWE-Club are something I wont miss. Because save for a few people. You are all here!

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby KaiserGlider » Oct 09, '13, 4:40 pm

I discovered WWE-Club in 2006 around Wrestlemania 22 because I remember the threads where people were predicting the winner of HHH vs Cena. I lurked for a while. It was about a year and a half later when I made my first email account, and then registered to WWE-Club. I remember FanHBbam, HonkytonkMan, NickiSixx, Steve84 or whatever his name was. Any nobody had reached 10,000 posts yet. Chrissay was the first one. Debate league was interesting as well.

I posted here and there until I discovered WCSF in 2010 and signed up. I had just become the WCSF champ when the game died. A year later NEDM started stirring interest for a wrestling fed to return, and I jumped on the bandwagon along with ShaneOFan. We had just booked some really cool long-term stuff when Bryan closed the board almost out of nowhere. Yeah, fuck you too man. Thanks for that week's notice! Assclown.

Anyway, we'll keep PCW going for as long as we can. We have some awesome stuff planned, dammit! Unfortunately there's going to be a lot less eyeballs on PCW now that the Titanic has sunk, and therefore less people are likely to join, but then again our goal was always to have a smaller roster than WCSF. So we'll see what happens.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Kyle » Oct 09, '13, 7:13 pm

I'm sure everyone that was here will remember my posting rampages of 2008-2010. One week I had over 1000 posts alone.

45,000 posts (or whatever it was) and 6 years of posting down the drain just like that.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 7

Postby DBSoT » Oct 09, '13, 8:48 pm

I originally heard about WWE-Club from my college roommate who used to check the site for wrestling news. That was back in 2009. I would check the site from time to time, but didn't join for a few months. I really enjoyed the WWE discussion, but I am really happy to see that this forum is not as focused on just wrestling. I never had a big problem with Bryan, but Cris just seem to get on my nerves from time to time. JC, Dirtthereb, and the guy who acted like Zeb Coulter were trolls, but always kept it interesting. Still waiting for Cena54 to come back, you all know that guy was the most passionate fan you have ever met online. :P

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Oct 09, '13, 9:04 pm

I think the greatest moment I remember was when everyone finally lashed out on Legend and it was a 10 page thread. My God, that dude couldn't type proper English for the life of him.

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 155

Postby Settee » Oct 09, '13, 9:16 pm

I joined back in 2007 after my older brother told me about the site, he soon decided the site sucked but I stuck around till the bitter end.

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 49

Postby Everlong » Oct 09, '13, 9:57 pm

DanielsonTHAGOAT wrote:I think the greatest moment I remember was when everyone finally lashed out on Legend and it was a 10 page thread. My God, that dude couldn't type proper English for the life of him.

Everybody keeps talking about this but apparently I totally missed it :lol Probably because I rarely went into WWE Discussion.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Next

Return to The Pub