It is currently: May 06, '24, 10:43 pm

My Scotland/Ireland trip

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

My Scotland/Ireland trip

Postby Settee » Sep 14, '14, 2:54 pm

Ok so I know its been a month since I got back, but holy hell life has been busy. Anyways I finally have a few minutes to write some of what I did..

Ok so to start off, from the time I left my house, till I got to the B&B in Northern Ireland, where I stayed the first night, I had been travelling for about 25 hours.Spent 3 nights in Limavady, 2 nights in Belfast. In Ireland I saw 3 locations from Game of thrones (kings road, demon baby cave, and the beach where Stannis burned the effigies), hit a lot of pubs, and yes I had a Guinness and I enjoyed it. While touring around I accidentally ended up over in the Republic of Ireland, so I had a pint and went back.

Spent 5 nights in Perth, 10 nights in Edinburgh, and 2 nights in Glasgow. Went as far north as Inverness, saw St. Andrews, Bannockburn, Sterling Castle and the Wallace Monument (I climbed all 246 which wasn't easy for a fat guy :lol ), Edinburgh castle, Urquhart castle and Loch Ness, went to the Royal Military Tattoo, Pubs (a whole lot of pubs), and I saw a whole bunch of other stuff I cant remember at the moment. While staying in Edinburgh, I decided to catch the train down to Newcastle England for a meal and a pint just so that I could say I went to England. I still haven't looked at the pictures, but I'm sure after I look more memories will come flooding back. Anyways that was basically my trip. It was absolutely amazing and I will definitely be going back some day.

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 49

Re: My Scotland/Ireland trip

Postby PorkChop » Sep 15, '14, 4:02 pm

Just seen this - sounds awesome. I've been to Loch Ness and it was a great day out. The actual lake was so much bigger than I expected too.

Glad you enjoyed it over here in the UK!

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 1430

Postby Everlong » Sep 15, '14, 9:32 pm

That sounds amazing! Did you do this with a tour group, or did you plan it all out yourself? Ireland is high on my list of countries to visit.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Settee » Sep 15, '14, 9:53 pm

I went with my parents, I have family over in Scotland that I barely knew so it was nice going with my parents since they have been over a few times before and know the family well. Next time I'm going alone and I'm gonna rent a car and go as far north as I can.

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topic Author
Topics: 49

Postby BHLegend » Sep 19, '14, 3:27 pm

Did you like Inverness? That's my neck of the woods :cheers

BHLegend Male
Mark
Mark

Return to The Pub