It is currently: May 17, '24, 7:43 pm

OK. I need some help from some a computer wiz

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

OK. I need some help from some a computer wiz

Postby Viazon » Sep 13, '14, 8:36 am

It's no secret that I am quite useless when it comes to computers. I always seem to have some sort of problem and today is no different.

I am having trouble accessing some sites. PubTalkForum, IMDB, Wikipedia, reddit and imgur I have no trouble accessing. But my other most frequently viewed websites, such as Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Hotmail and even Google, I can't access. Every time I try to, I get this message.

After some research, I found out that I can change some of my settings to no proxy, which allows me access to those sites. That worked for a while. However, now, whenever I change the settings to no proxy, I get this message.

When I do this, I can't access any website. At all. Doing more research, I was told I should change the settings to Auto detect proxy settings for this network. I do and am able to access the sites I could before. PubTalk, reddit, etc. But then I am back to square one with other websites like Facebook and Youtube. I try and access them again and I get that first message.

So now I am stuck. Anyone have any ideas how I can fix this?

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 244

Re: OK. I need some help from some a computer wiz

Postby SlightlyJames » Sep 13, '14, 8:40 am

Solution: Use Chrome.

Buut if you're dead set on firefox try something on here.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 275

Postby Viazon » Sep 13, '14, 8:41 am

SlightlyJames wrote:Solution: Use Chrome.

Clicking on that link got me the untrusted connection message. :( Can't catch a break.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby SlightlyJames » Sep 13, '14, 8:44 am

Viazon wrote:
SlightlyJames wrote:Solution: Use Chrome.

Clicking on that link got me the untrusted connection message. :( Can't catch a break.

Firefox doesn't trust the Firefox website? u screwed

Try this I guess

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby Viazon » Sep 13, '14, 8:59 am

That's not helping either. Perhaps I should just use Chrome. Thanks anyway.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Twister » Sep 13, '14, 12:40 pm

Love Chrome, would highly recommend switching if you can't get Firefox to work properly.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Return to The Pub