It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 12:20 am

Who read the Goosebumps series when you were younger?

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

Who read the Goosebumps series when you were younger?

Postby Everlong » Jul 18, '14, 8:42 am

I always used to go to the library in the mid 90s and check these out when new ones would arrive. I think there were like 60 of them total, and I read every single one :lol The ones I remember best are the Monster Blood ones, Say Cheese and Die, Night of the Living Dummy, the Curse of the Mummy's Tomb and The Horror at Camp Jellyjam, but there were a ton of them that I loved.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Who read the Goosebumps series when you were younger?

Postby The Legend » Jul 18, '14, 8:56 am

I read a chunk of them, but can't say I remember them too much to be perfectly honest.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby Viazon » Jul 18, '14, 10:01 am

Who didn't? They were the shit. Used to have the whole collection. They may have got lost as we moved house over the years. Still got a few though. I remember some of them actually used to scare me.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby SKS » Jul 18, '14, 11:05 am

Pretty sure I had the entire collection. Loved those books, they were fun to read and pretty short so a kid couldn't ask for anything more. However, the "pick your own destiny" versions used to drive me mad, I always ended up trapped or dead. :lol

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby Ace » Jul 18, '14, 11:27 am

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED Goosebumps!

Also caught the episodes on TV in the 90s. They tried to revamp the show a few years ago but it didn't really work out.

I read most of the books & own a good amount of them. Even now when I go into a library, sometimes I venture to the Goosebumps section but never actually check anything out :P

Ace Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 35
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby CavingSiberian » Jul 19, '14, 9:30 am

Ahhh yes. LOL

I remember when reading the "choose your own story" books I would flip to the page to see what happened and if I didn't like the outcome I would go back to the other page. LOL

CavingSiberian Female
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 8

Postby Settee » Jul 19, '14, 9:55 am

Fuck yeah, goosebumps was the shit back in the day.

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 49

Postby VaderBomb » Jul 19, '14, 10:16 am

I had every one of them, but my basement flooded and they all got ruined. I honestly think that I'd still read them to this day if I had them.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby DBSoT » Jul 19, '14, 11:58 am

I used read the Goosebump books all the time. The choose your own adventures really were frustrating, but still good. The Goosebump TV show along with "Are You Afraid of The Dark?" were two of my favorite shows as a kid.

I assume this is were this topic came from.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Twister » Jul 19, '14, 5:07 pm

I actually don't recall reading any of the books back in the day, I don't think I was really into reading that sort of stuff, I remember the TV show as well but I didn't think much of it. Demon Headmaster was way better.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby Hanley! » Jul 19, '14, 6:27 pm

Yeah, these books were the shit back in the day. I read all of them. You could finish one easily in a couple of hours so it was easy to binge read a bunch of them in a row. I heard recently that nobody actually died in any of them, which is probably true but also a little hard to believe. I remember them being pretty damn scary as a kid. :P

The ones I remember liking most are Night of the Living Dummy 2, Be Careful What You Wish For, The Scarecrow Walks at Midnight (I always found scarecrows terrifying) and Welcome to Camp Nightmare.

Also, I'm convinced that the plot of The Sixth Sense was stolen from The Ghost Next Door. Seriously, it's like the exact same idea.

The theme tune for the television show was boss also.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby JPG619 » Jul 19, '14, 8:12 pm

The Legend wrote:I read a chunk of them, but can't say I remember them too much to be perfectly honest.

Same here I think I still have them in a box too somewhere but not sure if I got rid of them or not. However I can't really remember to much about the book but if I bet if I start reading them again I might remember.

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Return to The Pub