It is currently: May 21, '24, 4:04 pm

What is the best thing you can cook?

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

What is the best thing you can cook?

Postby Matteo » Oct 25, '13, 12:54 am

For me, just bacon and eggs. I like to think I cook it right too, but that's doubtful. I'm really not creative nor talented when it comes to making a meal.

Matteo Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 195

Re: What is the best thing you can cook?

Postby SlightlyJames » Oct 25, '13, 1:01 am

I've recently ventured to making spaghetti bolognese without the assistance of a jar of pre-made sauce, I actually do not too bad.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 275

Postby Viazon » Oct 25, '13, 4:04 am

Chilli Con Carne

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby Camstud » Oct 25, '13, 6:16 am

I cook a mean curry. No sauce out of a jar shit, proper curry.

prophet wrote:
HFX wrote:
Viazon wrote:Fuck Nandos. Go to the meat counter in Tescos. You can get a whole chicken for not that much. Ready cooked. Me and my friends used to get them all the time then just eat them in the car.

Man I always think you can't get more weird and then you say something else :lol

The image of Viazon and his equally odd mates all sat outside the supermarket eating chicken together in the car is too much :lol
Camstud None specified
B+ Player
B+ Player

Topics: 36

Postby Twister » Oct 25, '13, 12:57 pm

Spaghetti Bolognese is a specialty of mine. No jars for me either, it's super easy to make from scratch, and much tastier imo.

I can also make a good lasagne, chilli and imitation KFC.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby JDD » Oct 25, '13, 12:59 pm

My cooking skills begin and end at cup noodles.

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 78

Postby Fatman » Oct 25, '13, 2:35 pm

I'm partial to my chicken and sausage gumbo.

Fatman None specified
Gym Rat
Gym Rat

Topics: 2

Postby Everlong » Oct 26, '13, 9:42 am

I make a pretty mean chicken parmesan.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Settee » Oct 26, '13, 11:51 am

Breakfast, Bacon, Eggs, Hash browns, Pancakes, I like to consider myself a breakfast master.

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 49

Postby Hanley! » Oct 26, '13, 5:56 pm

I make a really tasty Indian curry dish called "No Butter Chicken".

I also make a mean Sausage Rigatoni dish. It's very indulgent but super tasty. I usually make up some homemade bruschetta to have before it too.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby rawisjericho » Oct 26, '13, 8:17 pm

Ramen noodles with Hormel Chili. Cheap and quick.

rawisjericho None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 7

Postby HFX » Oct 28, '13, 2:41 pm

Give me 5 minutes to look at a recipe and give me the ingredients and I can cook almost anything that doesn't require me to bake. I mean it may not be star restaurant quality but it'll be tasty. I have three things I love to cook more than any other though.

My favorite thing to cook and the best thing I'm able to cook is a nice deer roast filled with smashed garlic and rubbed down in a cinnamon, garlic powder and pepper mixture then cooked to medium, some mashed potatoes with bacon, cream cheese and chives mixed in, corn on the cob and then a nice spinach salad with strawberries, pecans, red onions and goat cheese or a classic ceasar salad since that's the only salad my brother will even contemplate eating.

I can also make a great deer and barley stew. Cut the deer into chunks and brown it off. I then cook down a whole pile of onions and garlic, use some white wine(I like to use a chardonnay) to deglaze the pan because I hate red(sometimes I'll use a decent beer). I'll add in some deer stock or beef stock(either homemade or store bought depending on if I've had a chance to make any) and some more wine/beer as well as splashes of soya sauce and worchestershire. I then have a whole pile of delicious root vegetables along with mushrooms that I toss in along with some barley and allow that to cook down. The starches in the barley and root veggies help thicken the soup into a decent stew. A common mixture of veggies would be potatoes, yams, part of a rutabaga, carrots, celery and peas. I also like to mix it up on occasion and throw in a celery root, parsnip and/or turnip as well as corn instead of barley since gotta keep the carbs in check :lol. When the stew is ready I'll put a handful of chopped up fresh spinach in the bottom of my soup mug and then pour the stew over top just to get some more veggies in. I like to pair the stew with a nice warm bun and a nice cold beer, usually a stout. This is a great hardy meal for late fall and throughout the winter.

In the summer I love to marinade some nice steaks in a mixture of soya sauce, garlic, worchestershire, pepper and beer and let it do it's magic. I then cook that fucker to a nice medium rare over the grill and pair it with a loaded baked potato or mashed potato along corn on the cob and a summer salad(usually spinach, mixed greens, red onions, tomato, goat cheese and red and green onions) and a nice cold beer or cider.

If I needed to cook one thing to save humanity from alien invaders then it would definitely be the stew.

You can get all of these things from local growers and the farmers markets or bonus points if you grow it yourself. I much prefer not shopping at super markets if I have the money to do so but with our winters it's a necessity. I know hunters and I like to hunt so if I can get a deer or two then that will last me a long time.

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 43

Postby PorkChop » Oct 28, '13, 2:45 pm

Pizza. Sounds simple, but having worked for a pizza chain for 4 years, I can make pizza like a master. Either that, or spaghetti with mozzarella, spinach, tomatoes and bacon. Sounds a strange combination, but it's good.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Return to The Pub