It is currently: May 07, '24, 8:13 pm

Russell Brand should be in charge of the UK

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

Russell Brand should be in charge of the UK

Postby prophet » Oct 23, '13, 4:46 pm

Seriously. His interview on Newsnight was brilliant. I know people don't like him a some think he's arrogant but I agree with everything he said here. Any other Brits think he's bang on yet again? There's a clear and huge difference from the working class to the people that run the country and it's something that should be addressed. A focused Brand could probably start a revolution if he actually wanted too and I hope he eventually does try and do something to inspire change...but not until the new year because I'm off to see him on tour in December!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YR4CseY9pk[/youtube]

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Russell Brand should be in charge of the UK

Postby Chewy » Oct 23, '13, 5:16 pm

I would prefer a leader that isn't a heroin addict.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 21

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Oct 23, '13, 6:39 pm

TBH, I thought he was an arrogant, un-funny, annoying fuck a few years ago and maybe he is to some extent. But speak to him about politics, current affairs and he tends to come across well. Not watched the interview but will do. I always appreciated how after Woolwich, he was actually promoting harmony between communities rather than peddling in hatred that individuals had turned to.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby ShaneOfan » Oct 23, '13, 7:09 pm

AkydefGoldberg wrote:TBH, I thought he was an arrogant, un-funny, annoying fuck a few years ago and maybe he is to some extent. But speak to him about politics, current affairs and he tends to come across well. Not watched the interview but will do. I always appreciated how after Woolwich, he was actually promoting harmony between communities rather than peddling in hatred that individuals had turned to.

I'm glad I am not the only one who doesn't like him. I think he is an asshole.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Oct 24, '13, 10:59 am

ShaneOfan wrote:
AkydefGoldberg wrote:TBH, I thought he was an arrogant, un-funny, annoying fuck a few years ago and maybe he is to some extent. But speak to him about politics, current affairs and he tends to come across well. Not watched the interview but will do. I always appreciated how after Woolwich, he was actually promoting harmony between communities rather than peddling in hatred that individuals had turned to.

I'm glad I am not the only one who doesn't like him. I think he is an asshole.

I didn't like him few years ago tbh. But as of late, hasn't been too bad as he seems to be promoting harmony between communities which should be applauded. In the interview with Paxman; admire the intention but he's vague on how he intends to do this Revolution but in this country, actors/comedians don't really play a major role in politics besides the odd few so it's always nice to see them not dettaching from reality.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Return to The Pub