It is currently: Apr 25, '24, 7:54 am

ebay spunging more money out from its sellers

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

ebay spunging more money out from its sellers

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Oct 23, '13, 11:42 am

Just sold an item out with postage and got a shock in the sellers account when I checked! To find a final value fee for postage on top of the final value fee they take out for the auction listed.

When did they send out e-mail about this?

TBH, I delete many of the ebay e-mails as they always are promoting some offer but was there a specific e-mail sent?

Absolutely ridiculous and although I read that ebay's profits may have fallen to back this new charge; it still is penalising the seller even further.

I like selling on ebay but atm, unless the item is for pick up only, might have to re-consider and go elsewhere. Or if I carry on, add the postage final value fee to the buyer. Ebay should release a guide on postage that includes the final value fee and put that in listings so buyers understand why the postage is that amount.

Very disappointing, to put it mildly.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Return to The Pub