It is currently: May 08, '24, 4:29 pm

My First Disney World Visit

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

My First Disney World Visit

Postby Ace » May 09, '14, 4:41 pm

Just got back from my very first trip to Disney World in Orlando, FL. Being that I'm already 20 years old I feel like the trip was very much over do. I had never gone when I was younger because my parents could afford taking themselves & us 4 children. Nonetheless, I'm just happy that I finally got to go.

I went with my girlfriend, her best friend & her best friend's boyfriend. We all had a great 6 day stay at the Caribbean Beach resort. We went to all 4 of the parks; Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom & Hollywood Studios (formerly MGM Studios).

I just wanted to share my experience with you all. It definitely is worth the hype! What a fun vacation. Florida weather was awesome. Great experiences & memories made. Truly the happiest place on Earth.

Favorite ride was the MT. Everest Yeti ride at Animal Kingdom which I understand is relatively new there. Already miss it. Can't wait to plan my next visit!!

:cheers2

Ace Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 35
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: My First Disney World Visit

Postby PorkChop » May 09, '14, 4:43 pm

I went there when I was about 12 and loved it - if I have kids of my own I'll definitely take them there one day.

Epcot and Animal Kingdom were so GOAT, I reckon if I went back aged 40 I'd have as much fun as I did when I was 12 :lol

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 1430

Postby Ace » May 09, '14, 4:47 pm

PorkChop wrote:Epcot and Animal Kingdom were so GOAT

Goat??

Ace Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topic Author

Postby PorkChop » May 09, '14, 4:47 pm

Ace wrote:

Goat??

Greatest Of All Time :lol

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Ace » May 09, '14, 4:52 pm

PorkChop wrote:
Ace wrote:

Goat??

Greatest Of All Time :lol

oh :lol

yeah my friends mentioned that Animal Kingdom wasn't to great prior to us going into the park but I personally loved it. Epcot was be last on my list but I by no means hated it.

[spoiler]I loved the passing through all the different countries.[/spoiler]

I simply enjoyed the other parks more. Epcot was good though.

In order of my favorite to least favorite:

-1. Animal Kingdom
-2. Magic Kingdom
-3. Hollywood Studios (MGM)
-4. Epcot

Also had dinner at Planet Hollywood in downtown Disney one night & the experience was excellent

Ace Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topic Author

Postby PorkChop » May 09, '14, 4:53 pm

I loved Downtown Disney as well. Great day out.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Viazon » May 09, '14, 5:07 pm

I have only been to Euro Disney and loved it. Would love to go back some day. Space Mountain was my favourite. Went on it four times.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby Chewy » May 09, '14, 7:31 pm

Was at Disney World a few weeks back, only did the magical Kingdom though as we did the two Universal Parks.

Disney was good, but seeing as we'd already been to Disney Land and it's basically a carbon copy, it wasn't as exciting.

Still had a good time though, did you try one of those enormous turkey leg things?

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Postby Kein » May 09, '14, 7:40 pm

I went there when I was younger and I don't remember it. Glad you had a lot of fun though!

I got a friend out in Florida, maybe I should pay them a visit...

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 15

Postby Ace » May 09, '14, 9:46 pm

Chewy wrote:Was at Disney World a few weeks back, only did the magical Kingdom though as we did the two Universal Parks.

Disney was good, but seeing as we'd already been to Disney Land and it's basically a carbon copy, it wasn't as exciting.

Still had a good time though, did you try one of those enormous turkey leg things?

Yes I did. They had them at the Frontier (Western) part of Magic Kingdom. Delicious

Ace Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topic Author

Postby Twister » May 10, '14, 3:01 am

Sounds awesome, I would love to go there one day.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby Chewy » May 10, '14, 3:26 am

Ace wrote:
Chewy wrote:Was at Disney World a few weeks back, only did the magical Kingdom though as we did the two Universal Parks.

Yes I did. They had them at the Frontier (Western) part of Magic Kingdom. Delicious

Yea they're pretty sweet.

Did you go on the 'It's a small world after all ride'?

I've decreed that there are two types of people in the world.

Those who haven't been on it, and those who will never go again.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Postby Twister » May 10, '14, 3:29 am

I went on that ride at Disneyland Paris a few years ago, I agree... never again.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby DBSoT » May 10, '14, 8:02 am

Chewy wrote:
Ace wrote:

That ride can give you nightmares. So here it is. If they turned this into a horror ride and just changed the music darker half way through, it would be the scariest ride on earth.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Ace » May 10, '14, 12:32 pm

Chewy wrote:
Ace wrote:

Yes I did. NEVER AGAIN. There's been a myth since the ride opened that those are really children... :lol

Ace Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topic Author

Return to The Pub