It is currently: Jun 05, '24, 5:23 am

Who would win a PubTalkForum version of "Hunger Games"?

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

Who would win a PubTalkForum version of "Hunger Games"?

Postby Locke » Apr 15, '14, 5:31 pm

Borrowed/revised idea from Tim's thread which was likely a borrowed/revised idea from something else. 8)

If we were all tributes to the 77th annual Hunger Games, which one of us would survive? What would the alliances be? Who would die on the first day at the Cornucopia? Who would betray a close friend first? Who would have the most sponsors?

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 137

Re: Who would win a PubTalkForum version of "Hunger Games"?

Postby Ali » Apr 15, '14, 5:34 pm

Not me. I'd just go, "F*ck this, I'm out," and off myself quickly and as painlessly as possible.

Credit to SKS for the new Waluigi World Order!

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap
  • I WILL KILL EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THIS PRODUCTION

Last movie seen - Inside Out; Rating - Amazingly Awesome
Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 43

Postby War Daddy » Apr 15, '14, 5:54 pm

I'd be that cocky son of a bitch who was an Elite or whatever. Havent seen the movie in a while, so you guys will have to refresh my memory :lol he was like eating by dogs or something.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby Locke » Apr 15, '14, 5:57 pm

^Yep, you'd definitely be a career. :lol

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby ShaneOfan » Apr 15, '14, 6:00 pm

I've studied Guerrilla Warfare so I would be like a career, but I also am against killing so...

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby War Daddy » Apr 15, '14, 6:01 pm

ShaneOfan wrote:I've studied Guerrilla Warfare so I would be like a career, but I also am against killing so...

Look at it like this. It's either you or them. Quite frankly, I prefer living :P

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby ShaneOfan » Apr 15, '14, 6:09 pm

Alpha Beast wrote:
ShaneOfan wrote:I've studied Guerrilla Warfare so I would be like a career, but I also am against killing so...

Look at it like this. It's either you or them. Quite frankly, I prefer living :P

Yeah when it comes to kill or be killed I am sure I could kill. It's just I sure as hell could not volunteer.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby SKS » Apr 15, '14, 6:10 pm

I'd have HFX kill everyone then when he's done I'll begrudgingly stab in in the neck.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby The Legend » Apr 15, '14, 6:14 pm

The final two would be HFX for his outdoorsy ability and general survival skills living in Canada and Chewy, just cause dude is crazy and you don't want to mess with crazy in a Hunger Games like competition.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Kirbi » Apr 15, '14, 7:39 pm

I'd imagine I would have it in me to try to kill people, but that I would fail miserably very quickly (maybe killed by the first attempted victim, or maybe once I stopped to cry like a child once I was able to take a breath after killing myself). Meh, I would suck.

Kirbi None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 11

Postby Everlong » Apr 15, '14, 10:13 pm

Let's be real here, any answer other than Chewy is wrong.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Locke » Apr 15, '14, 10:31 pm

I already cut people's heads off with my straight razor at the barber shop and have my wife cook them into meat pies, so I think I have a clear advantage.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Chewy » Apr 15, '14, 10:35 pm

What is a hunger games?

Is it like not eating for a long time and not dying? If so, I would last two days.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Postby HFX » Apr 16, '14, 1:08 am

I'm pretty sure I'd give it a good go. If I don't win I'd definitely be one of the last survivors. I'm decently strong, tough, love the outdoors, I have a knife collection, I'm a great shot with a rifle and pretty decent with a bow and more importantly I have actually killed something before. How many of you have actually killed something? I killed it, gutted it and even held its heart in my hand. How many of you truly think you can take a life especially another humans? Remember you hesitate you die.

I do know SKS would probably try and use our friendship to trick and outlast me but I'd strike him down before the end. Can't have anything or anyone dragging you down when your life is on the line. I'd hunt down Brett and Settee and take them both out for having the sheer audacity of being an equal or superior of an Albertan. I also don't think any of the Brits will last long. Tim will kill them all by hurdling groin first into their faces and smothering them. Also UTK will be the first member I strike down.

Chewy is tough and crazy but he's old. He poses a big threat but I'm pretty sure I stand a chance of beating him with my youth and ability to go without sleep while remaining functional. He'll probably fall asleep by 6pm at the latest. GNR is another threat just because I think he's young and strong. Horseman would be my pick to win it all though. He's a soldier isn't he? I know someone here has military training unless I've gone mad and imagined that. If one of you isn't a soldier then that changes my prediction. Anyways I think the final four would be me, Chewy, Horseman and GNR.

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 43

Postby Romo » Apr 16, '14, 2:14 am

I've probably shot myself and is currently waiting to be eaten by which ever animal wants to eat my remains.

Romo Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 225

Postby Everlong » Apr 16, '14, 6:56 am

Chewy wrote:What is a hunger games?

Is it like not eating for a long time and not dying? If so, I would last two days.

It's basically a big battle royal, 24 people are put into this natural environment and the last one alive (they're supposed to survive the elements and kill each other) is the winner.

And yeah HFX, Horseman is Army, I believe.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Romo » Apr 16, '14, 6:58 am

Everlong wrote:

It's basically a big battle royal, 24 people are put into this natural environment and the last one alive (they're supposed to survive the elements and kill each other) is the winner.

It's like a teen version of the film 'Battle Royale'

Romo Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 225

Postby The Legend » Apr 16, '14, 7:12 am

Romo wrote:
Everlong wrote:

It's like a teen version of the film 'Battle Royale'

It's more like a teen and politicized version of that Steve Austin movie, the Condemned.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Chewy » Apr 16, '14, 7:27 am

HFX wrote:I'm pretty sure I'd give it a good go. If I don't win I'd definitely be one of the last survivors. I'm decently strong, tough, love the outdoors, I have a knife collection, I'm a great shot with a rifle and pretty decent with a bow and more importantly I have actually killed something before. How many of you have actually killed something? I killed it, gutted it and even held its heart in my hand. How many of you truly think you can take a life especially another humans? Remember you hesitate you die.

I do know SKS would probably try and use our friendship to trick and outlast me but I'd strike him down before the end. Can't have anything or anyone dragging you down when your life is on the line. I'd hunt down Brett and Settee and take them both out for having the sheer audacity of being an equal or superior of an Albertan. I also don't think any of the Brits will last long. Tim will kill them all by hurdling groin first into their faces and smothering them. Also UTK will be the first member I strike down.

Chewy is tough and crazy but he's old. He poses a big threat but I'm pretty sure I stand a chance of beating him with my youth and ability to go without sleep while remaining functional. He'll probably fall asleep by 6pm at the latest. GNR is another threat just because I think he's young and strong. Horseman would be my pick to win it all though. He's a soldier isn't he? I know someone here has military training unless I've gone mad and imagined that. If one of you isn't a soldier then that changes my prediction. Anyways I think the final four would be me, Chewy, Horseman and GNR.

Army - check
Killed - check
Close quarter combat training - check
Training in firearms - check
Advanced infil/exfil - check

I can hold my own, although the old thing is pretty accurate, set up a booby trap next to a TV playing Happy
Days, and I'd be done for.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Postby prophet » Apr 16, '14, 7:30 am

Kirbi wrote:I'd imagine I would have it in me to try to kill people.

#prayforhanley

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Next

Return to The Pub