It is currently: Apr 30, '24, 4:21 pm

Take a bow Texas.

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

Take a bow Texas.

Postby Chewy » Mar 22, '14, 10:05 pm

Today I had a rodeo clown in full makeup lead a stadium full of people in a prayer.

Texas 1 - 0 rest of the world.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 21

Re: Take a bow Texas.

Postby Everlong » Mar 22, '14, 10:05 pm

Chewy wrote:Today I had a rodeo clown in full makeup lead a stadium full of people in a prayer.

Whaaat? Are you in Texas right now?

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby Chewy » Mar 22, '14, 10:10 pm

Everlong wrote:
Chewy wrote:Today I had a rodeo clown in full makeup lead a stadium full of people in a prayer.

Yep, Houston.

By the by do you know any good Texan beers? Shiner Bock is gash.

Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Everlong » Mar 22, '14, 10:14 pm

Chewy wrote:
Everlong wrote:

Yep, Houston.

Unfortunately Texas isn't the greatest place in the country for craft beers (that'd be Wisconsin, Michigan, Colorado or California) but here are a few Texas breweries you might look into:

Live Oak
Freetail
Saint Arnold

In general though, I'd say while you're in America, here are some breweries that you should definitely try to find beers by. These shouldn't be too hard to find in Texas, I wouldn't think, unless they have some strict import laws there:

Founders
Lagunitas
Southern Tier
North Coast
Lakefront
Left Hand

What brings you to Texas anyway, business or pleasure?

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Chewy » Mar 22, '14, 10:55 pm

Everlong wrote:
Chewy wrote:
Everlong wrote:

Yep, Houston.

Unfortunately Texas isn't the greatest place in the country for craft beers (that'd be Wisconsin, Michigan, Colorado or California) but here are a few Texas breweries you might look into:

Live Oak
Freetail
Saint Arnold

In general though, I'd say while you're in America, here are some breweries that you should definitely try to find beers by. These shouldn't be too hard to find in Texas, I wouldn't think, unless they have some strict import laws there:

Founders
Lagunitas
Southern Tier
North Coast
Lakefront
Left Hand

What brings you to Texas anyway, business or pleasure?

Doing a road trip of the south on the way to WM.

Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Everlong » Mar 22, '14, 11:00 pm

That's awesome man, what all are you seeing? Have you ever seen anything in the states before aside from the northeast?

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby blackparade » Mar 23, '14, 4:51 am

Lone Star Beer, dude. And glad you're enjoying RodeoHouston. Wish I could be there. See a good concert?

blackparade Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 1

Postby Chewy » Mar 23, '14, 9:33 am

Everlong wrote:That's awesome man, what all are you seeing? Have you ever seen anything in the states before aside from the northeast?

Saw LA, San Fancisco, Grand Canyon and Vegas apart from New England.

We've seen the Rodeo here, going to San Antonio for the Alamo and other bits, Dallas, Omaha (work, don't ask) Memphis (grizzlies v heat), New Orleans for WM, raw, axxess, and then Florida for some theme park action and beaches.

I'll try that Lone Star beer too, cheers.

Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Ali » Mar 23, '14, 12:47 pm

Chewy wrote:
Everlong wrote:That's awesome man, what all are you seeing? Have you ever seen anything in the states before aside from the northeast?

We've seen the Rodeo here, going to San Antonio for the Alamo and other bits, Dallas, Omaha (work, don't ask) Memphis (grizzlies v heat), New Orleans for WM, raw, axxess, and then Florida for some theme park action and beaches.

Hey, if you're in Dallas... you probably won't see me because I barely ever leave the house. :D Enjoy, though!

Credit to SKS for the new Waluigi World Order!

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap
  • I WILL KILL EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THIS PRODUCTION

Last movie seen - Inside Out; Rating - Amazingly Awesome
Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 43

Postby Chewy » Mar 23, '14, 6:44 pm

Ali wrote:
Chewy wrote:

Hey, if you're in Dallas... you probably won't see me because I barely ever leave the house. :D Enjoy, though!

I've already seen you, you were masturbating. It was to be expected.

Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Chewy » Mar 26, '14, 10:32 pm

San Antonio was pretty nice as a town, but the Mexican food is a bit disappointing to be frank.

Found a nice little truck stop sort of bar thing with a heap of food trucks. Got really fucked up with some cool folks. Wife not impressed.

Headed out to the BBQ trail, had some fucking awesome nosh in a place called Lockhart.

Nil random ridiculousness to report.

Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Return to The Pub