It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 6:31 am

Confidence

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

Confidence

Postby Settee » Mar 19, '14, 6:03 pm

Confidence is the strongest weapon a guy can possibly have in his arsenal. My girlfriend and I decided to stop seeing each other becasue neither one of us were really feeling a connection. This was on saturday. Now I already habe a date with a lovely new female this saturday, all because of confidence. Before I decided to try meet someone I had no confidence at all, then I decided to get over myself and not to give a shit about rejection. I have given myself confidence and it is paying off more than I could have imagined. I used to think that because I am fat I would never go out with anyone again, but like I said, after I got over myself and stopped giving a shit about what anyone thinks of me, the confidence came. Now I have another lovely lady that is going to go out with me, and I must say with each victory like this, my confidence grows and is reassured. Gentlemen, be confident. That is all.

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 49

Re: Confidence

Postby Romo » Mar 19, '14, 6:13 pm

Be honest... was this just a way to rub it in our faces that you've got a date...

Romo Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 225

Postby Settee » Mar 19, '14, 6:18 pm

Romo wrote:Be honest... was this just a way to rub it in our faces that you've got a date...

Nope, just wanted to say that if I can use confidence to get a date, anyone can. The only reason that I was single was because of my opinion of myself. If you want to go out with someone, be confident. I just wanted to share with everyone that true confidence is all you need.

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topic Author

Postby Romo » Mar 19, '14, 6:21 pm

Settee wrote:
Romo wrote:Be honest... was this just a way to rub it in our faces that you've got a date...

Nope, just wanted to say that if I can use confidence to get a date, anyone can. The only reason that I was single was because of my opinion of myself. If you want to go out with someone, be confident. I just wanted to share with everyone that true confidence is all you need.

I was just playing with you, confidence is key to alot of things, some people have it naturally some people don't... my personal confidence has come from me stopping caring what other people think of me because you will never please everyone and the minute you stop trying everything becomes easier, it's easier to find out who really cares for you and who doesn't...

I'm glad you've found a way to find your inner confidence, make sure you work hard to keep it there because it'll benefit you in all aspects of your life in the future!

Romo Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 225

Postby Settee » Mar 19, '14, 6:25 pm

Romo wrote:
Settee wrote:

I was just playing with you, confidence is key to alot of things, some people have it naturally some people don't... my personal confidence has come from me stopping caring what other people think of me because you will never please everyone and the minute you stop trying everything becomes easier, it's easier to find out who really cares for you and who doesn't...

I'm glad you've found a way to find your inner confidence, make sure you work hard to keep it there because it'll benefit you in all aspects of your life in the future!

The confidence came as soon as I stopped caring about what people think of me. I realized that if they don't like me because of how I look, I don't want them in my life anyways.

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topic Author

Postby Twister » Mar 19, '14, 6:50 pm

Well done for getting some self confidence, I bet it feels wonderful to get rid of your demons and reap the rewards!

Confidence has always been a battle for me. It's gotten better in some ways but worse in others. I wish I could flip a switch and not care what people think but I just don't know how. It probably boils down to my own insecurities too. If i'm not worrying about my appearance and how I look, I'm worrying about how I come across as a person - can't win :lol

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby Kein » Mar 19, '14, 7:05 pm

I agree confidence is a big thing, if its about girls they want a guy who is sure of himself (usually) and will take care of himself. No one wants to babysit, lots of guys like confident girls as well.

Confidence doesn't just help your relationships, it helps just about every aspect of your life.

That being said, I actually am a pretty confident person in myself, I don't like to boast so I am extremely reserved, but part of my problem with finding a girl is I really don't meet new people.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 15

Postby Chewy » Mar 19, '14, 7:08 pm

Money is a great substitute for all qualities in a person too.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Postby SKS » Mar 19, '14, 7:09 pm

I'm quite the opposite. :lol

I'm flawed, and I feel better about myself when people "approve" of me. I don't know if it's me being insecure, but I strive to be looked at by others and think, "damn that guy's good". I'm never quite satisfied with myself because I feel like those around me think I'm some loser/failure. When I was younger, I was fat and ugly, as awkward as could be, obviously I had no luck with girls because why would they date someone like me? But now, I'm 40 pounds lighter than I used to be, and I don't think I'm ugly anymore (had bad acne but cleared up now). I think I have confidence, but I always have a chip on my shoulder thinking I can look better or do better than I am right now. I don't think that's ever going to change and if I continue to put myself down I'm never going to be happy, because if I can't love myself first, no one's going to love me.

:chug :chug :chug

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby Locke » Mar 20, '14, 11:09 am

I agree, confidence is very important but can also be hard to get. It, to me, is a lot like good credit. In order to get good credit, you need to have a credit card, but you can't get a credit card with no credit. I didn't have confidence in myself before having any relationships at all, but once I got some experience under my belt, I learned a lot about myself and people.

The easiest way to build confidence is to find something about yourself that you feel no one else can lay claim to, or very little people can lay claim to, and build off of that. I gained my confidence knowing how strong willed and determined I am, how I am a good worker, a good provider, and more intelligent than your average Joe.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby War Daddy » Mar 20, '14, 6:46 pm

Roofies work just a well, guys.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Mar 20, '14, 7:22 pm

I'm just a quiet, shy person. Completely opposite from my parents, where the fuck did I get it from? LOL. I swear me being shy and quiet comes from nowhere, nobody in my family is as quiet like me. I'm also kinda detached from other people's emotions. I'm a pretty humble and modest dude in real life but trust me, girls aren't into that at all. Chivalry is dead, I can confirm that 100%. I guess I lack sympathetic emotions but I try to have as much positive energy as possible because I firmly believe in the Law of Attraction. I've always thought the idea of getting married and having kids wasn't a necessity in life :kanye6

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 155

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Mar 21, '14, 1:52 pm

Great for you that you've had success but confidence varies in different people.

Mine has always been very fragile since I was a kid - think it got eroded during my childhood and going on from my teens, it has been fragile. Ups and downs. My confidence has always been at a respectable level so I've never felt 'top of the world' sorta thing. I've always been aware of my surroundings enough to keep modest.

Recently, my confidence has improved with volunteering and finding work but when it comes to ladies, it's non existant.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Return to The Pub