It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 2:03 am

What's the most noteable / interesting crime that's happened in your local area?

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

What's the most noteable / interesting crime that's happened in your local area?

Postby PorkChop » Mar 15, '14, 2:43 pm

This unsolved murder happened not too far from me: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_put_B ... ych_Elm%3F

I've heard several theories about it in my lifetime - some people think Bella was a German spy during the war, who was exposed and killed. I've also heard Bella was murdered after being accused of witchcraft. Hagley Woods is fucking creepy though - a couple of bodies have shown up there over the years.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Re: What's the most noteable / interesting crime that's happened in your local area?

Postby Chewy » Mar 15, '14, 5:19 pm

There's an ongoing investigation regarding some missing cookies from a cookie jar.

I'd also like to know where my odd socks go.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 21

Re: What's the most noteable / interesting crime that's happened in your local area?

Postby Locke » Mar 15, '14, 5:26 pm

The kidnapping of Angela Hamon.
The collapse of the Clinton Elks Lodge (made national news).
Chinese Checkers was invented here apparently (started out called "Chinker Checks").
The firework known as the Buzz-bomb invented here.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby Buck » Mar 15, '14, 7:04 pm

Bath salts.

Maine is the bath salt capital of America.

The Artist Formerly Known As Supakilla13.

Joined WWE-Club on September 10, 2003.

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A.
Buck Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 26

Postby Daz » Mar 15, '14, 7:05 pm

Bath Salts is a crime?

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Locke » Mar 15, '14, 7:07 pm

I didn't read the topic title properly lolol

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby Buck » Mar 15, '14, 7:18 pm

Daz wrote:Bath Salts is a crime?

Possession and sales of the particular kind they have in Maine is.

Look it up.

Be informed it involves guys ripping their own testicles off and ripping their own teeth out because they thought they were worms. If you don't find that stuff kinky and passionately masturbate to that thought, you may not want to read too deeply into the subject.

The Artist Formerly Known As Supakilla13.

Joined WWE-Club on September 10, 2003.

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A.
Buck Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 26

Postby Daz » Mar 15, '14, 7:22 pm

Buck wrote:
Daz wrote:Bath Salts is a crime?

Possession and sales of the particular kind they have in Maine is.

Look it up.

Be informed it involves guys ripping their own testicles off and ripping their own teeth out because they thought they were worms. If you don't find that stuff kinky and passionately masturbate to that thought, you may not want to read too deeply into the subject.

Luckily I very much do.

*Googles*

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Everlong » Mar 15, '14, 8:15 pm

Well Milwaukee is pretty well known for the Jeffery Dahmer case. For those of you who are unfamiliar:

Jeffrey Lionel Dahmer (May 21, 1960 – November 28, 1994), also known as the Milwaukee Cannibal, was an American serial killer and sex offender, who committed the rape, murder and dismemberment of 17 men and boys between 1978 and 1991, with many of his later murders also involving necrophilia, cannibalism and the permanent preservation of body parts—typically all or part of the skeletal structure.[1]

Diagnosed by psychologists and prison psychiatrists as suffering from a borderline personality disorder,[2][3][4][5] Dahmer was found to be legally sane at his trial. Convicted of 15 of the 16 murders he had committed in Wisconsin, Dahmer was sentenced to 15 terms of life imprisonment on February 15, 1992.[6] He was later sentenced to a 16th term of life imprisonment in relation to an additional homicide committed in the state of Ohio in 1978.

On November 28, 1994, Dahmer was beaten to death by Christopher Scarver, a fellow inmate at the Columbia Correctional Institution, where he had been incarcerated.

There have been a few books and movies with characters based on Dahmer, he's had a pretty big "influence" i suppose you could say.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Viazon » Mar 15, '14, 8:50 pm

Years ago, a couple of teenagers killed some guy. Must have been 14/15 years old, or there abouts. The story became well known in my school. I was a couple of years younger than the guys. They were apparently doing wrestling movies on him, including the peoples elbow. I remember an article from the local paper when it happened. It had a picture of The Rock. They went and bragged about it to their mates afterwards, one of whom told his parents. That how they got caught. As far as I know they are still in prison. Thing they are due to be released soon. They may have already been. I don't know.

I don't know much about one of the guys but the other guy always seemed like a right nutcase. His brother was as well. The whole family is a bunch of freaks. My mum still sees his mum sometimes. They have mutual friends. She was even in my house talking to my mum not so long ago. She seems pretty nice and normal but the rest of the family is fucked. I'm surprised his brother didn't end up in prison.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby Westcoastvibes » Mar 15, '14, 10:29 pm

The gunfight at the O.K. Corral and the last ride of Wyatt Earp

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby Settee » Mar 16, '14, 12:27 am

A woman had her baby at walmart, and abandoned it.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatche ... -1.1220913

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 49

Postby DBSoT » Mar 16, '14, 6:12 am

Jimmy Hoffa. Look if up. Its not confirmed he was murdered in Michigan, but it pretty much for sure. He was the leader of the UAW (Autoworkers Union) and had connections to the mob. Basically the story goes that he had some pretty shady dealings with organzied crime and it didn't go well. They murder him and buried his body somewhere. The burial site has been alleged to be anywhere from a few Detroit neighborhood homes to under Giants Stadium in New York. Every year it seems like another person calls the cops saying thag know where he is buried. It almost become a game here every year as to whether they will find him.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby blackparade » Mar 16, '14, 7:10 am

Right now, it's the pending trial of Cody Cashion. He fired a flare gun into a home, killing 3 children and injuring a 4th. I just so happened to move onto that same street and the house that was burned is a block away. I have to pass it every day since it's a one way street here. Here's a link: http://www.wdrb.com/story/24446799/teen ... lbany-fire

blackparade Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 1

Return to The Pub