It is currently: May 13, '24, 1:51 pm

Have you ever had a panic/anxiety attack?

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

Have you ever had a panic/anxiety attack?

Postby Settee » Feb 16, '14, 6:55 pm

I had one earlier, just wondering who else on here has had one.

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 49

Re: Have you ever had a panic/anxiety attack?

Postby KaiserGlider » Feb 16, '14, 7:32 pm

I had a bunch last year. My #1 goal for 2014 is to avoid the ever-loving shit out of what brought them on, and I reckon I'll be fine.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 472

Postby Kyle » Feb 16, '14, 7:39 pm

I've had many anxiety attacks.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 7

Postby Westcoastvibes » Feb 16, '14, 7:52 pm

I have them often enough that I have medication for it.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby PorkChop » Feb 16, '14, 8:12 pm

Never, though I am a superhuman who has never had cramp either.

What are they like?

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby JPG619 » Feb 16, '14, 9:47 pm

I have had them, my recent one was at work when my coworkers wanted me to do a million things and it just stressed me out so much I went out side crying.

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Postby Matteo » Feb 16, '14, 9:59 pm

PorkChop wrote:Never, though I am a superhuman who has never had cramp either.

What are they like?

Bullshit.

Matteo Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 195

Postby Westcoastvibes » Feb 16, '14, 10:32 pm

NoDQ wrote:

What are they like?

Bullshit.

What's bullshit?

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby Kein » Feb 17, '14, 12:32 am

Westcoastvibes wrote:
NoDQ wrote:

What are they like?

Bullshit.

What's bullshit?

Didn't know I was super human as well.

Answering the thread, no. COLD AS ICE.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 15

Postby Twister » Feb 17, '14, 2:21 am

I think i've had one, which is surprising as i'm quite an anxious person at times. It was nearly the end of my shift at work and it had been a really hard and long day so I was already feeling stressed. I served this woman, gave her £2 change. Except she wanted two £1 coins instead of a £2 coin. However she didn't tell me this until i'd closed my till and handed the change to her. She started demanding that I open my till and give her two £1 coins, I calmly told her that I need a supervisor to come and open my till and that it would be quicker for her to walk down to the customer service desk and they would change it for her but she refused. So I sent out a call for a supervisor, the queue was building up and the woman just stood there glaring at me and I could feel myself getting ready to explode. Supervisor comes over, opens the till, I'm shaking. I can't remember what the woman said but made a comment that pushed me over the edge before I knew it I had left my till and was running through the shop to the back where I experienced my first panic attack. It was embarrassing to say the least, they wouldn't even let me go home either so I had to try to calm myself down properly so I could go finish my shift.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby Matteo » Feb 17, '14, 3:19 am

Westcoastvibes wrote:
NoDQ wrote:

What are they like?

Bullshit.

What's bullshit?

Just surprised he's never cramped before.

Matteo Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 195

Postby PorkChop » Feb 17, '14, 8:19 am

NoDQ wrote:
Westcoastvibes wrote:
NoDQ wrote:

What are they like?

Bullshit.

What's bullshit?

Just surprised he's never cramped before.

I'm not even kidding. I've played football basically all my life and have seen people hit the floor like a sack of potatoes, holding their leg in agony because of cramp. I've had muscle tiredness and soreness, but never any real pain, especially to that extent.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Hanley! » Feb 17, '14, 12:35 pm

I think I had one once. I was sick at the time: my throat was really dry and I felt like I was going to throw up. I was pretty worried and it was the middle of the night so I couldn't go to the doctor. After a while, I started to get dizzy and weak and I was trembling a lot. When I went to the doctor the next day he said those symptoms were probably just a panic attack from worrying about the initial symptoms.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Viazon » Feb 17, '14, 3:49 pm

I have never had one. I suppose I would know if I did. I think I nearly did once. It was the first time I had been on a plane. I was walking through the airport. I felt find until I saw the plane on the run way, waiting for us to board it. The first thing that came to my mind was how much bigger the plan was than I thought it would be. I starting to feel a little bit nervous and shaky. That was the extent of it though. Once I got on the plane and we were in the air I felt better.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Feb 17, '14, 4:37 pm

Twister wrote:I think i've had one, which is surprising as i'm quite an anxious person at times. It was nearly the end of my shift at work and it had been a really hard and long day so I was already feeling stressed. I served this woman, gave her £2 change. Except she wanted two £1 coins instead of a £2 coin. However she didn't tell me this until i'd closed my till and handed the change to her. She started demanding that I open my till and give her two £1 coins, I calmly told her that I need a supervisor to come and open my till and that it would be quicker for her to walk down to the customer service desk and they would change it for her but she refused. So I sent out a call for a supervisor, the queue was building up and the woman just stood there glaring at me and I could feel myself getting ready to explode. Supervisor comes over, opens the till, I'm shaking. I can't remember what the woman said but made a comment that pushed me over the edge before I knew it I had left my till and was running through the shop to the back where I experienced my first panic attack. It was embarrassing to say the least, they wouldn't even let me go home either so I had to try to calm myself down properly so I could go finish my shift.

Aww, wish I could have strode to the front of the queue and given you a cuddle. What a smarmy ass that lady was. TBH, you handled it better than I could have done. Probably would have started shaking, mumbling, left my seat to run and get the supervisor.

In regards to the OP, probably had tinges of anxiety when I've been really nervous about something and started shaking. But luckily not had a panic attack as described above.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Twister » Feb 17, '14, 5:39 pm

Haha thanks Aky, it was so embarrassing at the time :facepalm

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby Kein » Feb 17, '14, 7:58 pm

Just drink a lot of water and you should be fine. Go super water mode. Get water poisoning. Go go go.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 15

Postby Locke » Feb 18, '14, 10:23 am

My whole family on my dad's side experiences them. Basically it causes us to go a night without sleep, usually fearing we're dying of a heart attack or something when in reality nothing is wrong. I was put on medication for it once but I have my doubts about "headmeds" and try to stay off of them.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby UTK » Feb 18, '14, 12:17 pm

I used to be in law enforcement. After a number of years on the job, I was forced to shoot a methhead straight in the head. Killed him in one shot. It was the first time I had such intense, confrontational combat. It really got to me, for a long time. I constantly suffered from panic attacks. I was start breathing really heavily, I'd have to hold on to something to avoid falling to the ground. I'd sweat. It was awful. Fortunately, after a while, I accepted the situation and the attacks went away.

But when I found out my brother-in-law was the biggest drug lord in the United States, they came back.

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to The Pub