It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 6:45 am

Anyone still mess with Pivot?

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

Anyone still mess with Pivot?

Postby Buck » Dec 25, '13, 7:17 pm

A lot of you probably have no idea what I'm talking about, but some of you I know do. Pivot stickfigure animator. I remember some of us used to make little wrestling animations with it. It was fun as hell.

I was just looking through my old Photobucket account and found a lot of my older animations. Now, I sucked, because my animations weren't that realistically crafted, and for the longest time I couldn't figure out how to make a character look like he was walking. So, oftentimes I resorted to just making funny, fucked up animations. This would make the fact that they were bad just add to the charm. Here are some of my favorite ones I did:

This was the very first ani I did that had a ring and a background. Would you know it, the first ani I ever did and I decided to make a botch. Pretty fitting.

This is when I started getting into the weird stuff. This is the debut of "Telekinesis Man".

The debut of "Giant Guy". He was so big, he crushed the ring and everyone in it. I believe this was the largest stickfigure that the program allowed me to make.

Me trying to make a character appear to be walking or running. It looked so dumb that I decided to make him fall out of the ring. This actually reminds me of the online game QWOP, although this was made first. I later got a little bit better at making wrestlers walk, though still not perfect.

This had to be redone several times actually because for some reason it glitched out. The color on the lightning still isn't quite right. Anyway, this is Telekinesis Man again, showing he has the power to create lightning. A lot of people compared it to Undertaker, but has Undertaker ever fried anyone with his lightning??

The second appearance of Giant Guy, although he's a great deal smaller here, and this is actually a full match featuring him against a "normal sized" wrestler. This one also had to be redone because the first time it had a freezing glitch, which I never knew the cause of. He debuts his ability to teleport using smoke bombs, with a really crappily done effect.

My most controversial ani, recreating Hayabusa's career-ending lionsault botch. I actually watched it and tried to recreate it frame by frame. I wouldn't have done this if he had died or something. That's where I draw the line. But, being crippled is still fair game :facepalm

Forgot I even did this one. Giant Guy's 3rd appearance, once again showing off his smoke bomb teleportation skills, dodging the flying chainsaw and then reappearing to fall out of the sky and crush his opponent, putting him through the ring. After yanking him out from inside the ring, he pins him for the 3 count. This could've been way better if I had taken more time with it.

Forgot doing this one too. I called it Project Sumo for some reason. The adding of the gun and the brain and everything looked really crappy but that's kinda what I was going for.

So, thoughts on my old anis? Anyone have any to show? And anyone still mess with this program?

The Artist Formerly Known As Supakilla13.

Joined WWE-Club on September 10, 2003.

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A.
Buck Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 26

Re: Anyone still mess with Pivot?

Postby Settee » Dec 25, '13, 9:57 pm

I loved that program. I loved making starwars light saber battles. That shit was classic back in the day.

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 49

Postby Daz » Dec 25, '13, 10:11 pm

I haven't done anything with it since at least 2009.

Here are some of the last animations I made.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Chewy » Dec 25, '13, 10:27 pm

Those look strangely erotic.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Postby Locke » Dec 25, '13, 10:55 pm

Damn, those are all amazing. Love the funny ones!
The serious ones are very well done also.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby HardcoreLegend » Dec 28, '13, 11:36 am

I only ever made 2. Never really got into it after...

HardcoreLegend None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 50

Postby Everlong » Dec 28, '13, 5:39 pm

^That second one is great :lol

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Buck » Dec 28, '13, 6:16 pm

Chewy wrote:Those look strangely erotic.

I kinda want to make a 30 minute video of stickfigures fucking on this program.

I no longer have the Pivot or any of the backgrounds (rings, etc) that go with it. It makes me sad.

The Artist Formerly Known As Supakilla13.

Joined WWE-Club on September 10, 2003.

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A.
Buck Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topic Author
Topics: 26

Postby HardcoreLegend » Dec 28, '13, 10:28 pm

Everlong wrote:^That second one is great :lol

I remember getting the constructive criticism of "maybe avoid using barnyard animals during a wrestling match"...

HardcoreLegend None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 50

Postby Locke » Dec 29, '13, 10:09 pm

HardcoreLegend wrote:Image

Winner of the thread so far. :clap :rotf

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby Twister » Dec 30, '13, 6:59 am

Haha all these look great!

I made like one animation with Pivot and then gave up pretty quick. Needless to say I never got the hang of it. I can't find it on my photobucket account so I must have deleted it, good tbh because it was awful lol.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Return to The Pub