It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 3:52 pm

Your year reflections and looking ahead to 2019

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

Your year reflections and looking ahead to 2019

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Dec 14, '18, 6:21 am

So, what's everyone felt happened good this year and looking forward to the next?

Simple for me: becoming a dad to a boy and girl, they are three months and time is flying by but incredibly challenging. Mainly to keep one's patience when it's an early morning feed or they are crying and you've done all you can to settle them! Glad my better half has been so brilliant.

Work wise, I've got a raise which was an improvement but maybe in 2019, I may seek pastures now or do I stick to what I've got? Decisions..

Less said of Manchester United the better.

Next year, look forward to the kids turning 1, hopefully spending more time driving my car than I have and maybe upgrading, and maybe looking at my career to see if I go down a different direction and the standard one I've been saying for ever, to join a gym otherwise I'll be gasping for air with a brief walk in the garden when the twins can walk.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Re: Your year reflections and looking ahead to 2019

Postby PorkChop » Dec 15, '18, 9:13 am

Next year I'd like to move out of London. I moved here a couple of years ago for work, and I'm just totally done with it. It's too crowded, too polluted and rent is so expensive. I've recently got a new boss at work as well, who is a micro-managing bellend, so I'm no longer enjoying being here.

I've had a couple of jobs interviews back home recently and was told I was the second choice in both, which was a real killer. I'm hoping next year I can finally become the first choice and get out of here.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 1430

Return to The Pub