It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 2:58 pm

BOOP

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

BOOP

Postby Everlong » Aug 11, '18, 5:58 pm

oh hey

just been five days since a post on this site

thought i'd make one

hey there

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: BOOP

Postby Hanley! » Aug 13, '18, 6:08 am

I was going to make a thread about the G1 ... but I doubt anyone else has been watching it.

How are things with you, Tim?

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby Everlong » Aug 13, '18, 10:21 am

I don't even know what the G1 is!

Things are good, living that Dad life which basically sucks up the vast majority of my time outside of work. We just had our first child-free date yesterday, which was an awesome brunch down on the lakeshore at some fancy restaurant we had a gift card for. So that was nice!

I'll be home wtih the baby alone starting two weeks from today when the wife goes back to work, so that'll be challenging for sure.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby VaderBomb » Aug 13, '18, 12:57 pm

Hanley! wrote:I was going to make a thread about the G1 ... but I doubt anyone else has been watching it.

How are things with you, Tim?

I was going to do the same :lol

Perfect booking having Tanahashi take the win. He can wrap up loose ends with Kenny from years ago and this could perhaps be the last time Ace main events the Tokyo Dome. I figured that Gedo wouldn't give us two Ibushi vs Omega matches within a few months of one another and that story still has more to tell in due time.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby ShaneOfan » Aug 13, '18, 5:03 pm

G1 was great. Tanahashi winning was nice. I was glad to see Switchblade make a great showing as well.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Aug 14, '18, 6:25 am

Everlong wrote:I don't even know what the G1 is!

Things are good, living that Dad life which basically sucks up the vast majority of my time outside of work. We just had our first child-free date yesterday, which was an awesome brunch down on the lakeshore at some fancy restaurant we had a gift card for. So that was nice!

I'll be home wtih the baby alone starting two weeks from today when the wife goes back to work, so that'll be challenging for sure.

It's been reassuring in our build-up for the arrivals watching your updates of parenthood! 8)

Interestingly, do you get paternity leave etc - how does it work in the States?

I'm looking forward to a month off for our little ones, two weeks paid paternity and two weeks of leave - I'll need it!

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby PorkChop » Aug 14, '18, 6:49 am

When's the due date Aky?

I must say, it's weird reading posts about fatherhood from you guys - it only feels like a couple of years ago we were all college students and living quite simple, beer-filled lives.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Aug 14, '18, 6:51 am

PorkChop wrote:When's the due date Aky?

I must say, it's weird reading posts about fatherhood from you guys - it only feels like a couple of years ago we were all college students and living quite simple, beer-filled lives.

End of September but most likely it will be in a month's time which would be amazing timing for my 32nd birthday on the 13th - those are presents I'll never forget *if* it happens!

I know, it feels like we've grown old together lol. Don't worry, I'll be around to see the day when you're posting about marriage and fatherhood Porky ;)

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Everlong » Aug 15, '18, 11:54 am

AkydefGoldberg wrote:Interestingly, do you get paternity leave etc - how does it work in the States?

I'm looking forward to a month off for our little ones, two weeks paid paternity and two weeks of leave - I'll need it!

Unfortunately the United States is the worst country in the Western world when it comes to maternity leave (not always guaranteed), so paternity leave as a concept is laughable for lots of employers. I managed to get a week off, but I have a small company with not much cash flow so that was about all I could swing.

Even with my wife's maternity leave, she's paying for it herself out of her PTO (paid time off) she's earned.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Aug 16, '18, 6:25 am

Everlong wrote:
AkydefGoldberg wrote:Interestingly, do you get paternity leave etc - how does it work in the States?

Unfortunately the United States is the worst country in the Western world when it comes to maternity leave (not always guaranteed), so paternity leave as a concept is laughable for lots of employers. I managed to get a week off, but I have a small company with not much cash flow so that was about all I could swing.

Even with my wife's maternity leave, she's paying for it herself out of her PTO (paid time off) she's earned.

Right - I count myself very fortunate then. Here, mother's get around 8 months of maternity leave, all paid, whilst paternity is two weeks with pay although that normally comes from the state for that period.

Are there any state benefits you can apply for your child? Here, there's child benefit for each child you have until the age of 17/18 until they leave into full-time work or education.

It's fascinating to hear the set-ups in different countries - most of the time, it makes me appreciate what I have.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Viazon » Aug 31, '18, 1:05 pm

I regret that I haven't been online much. I realised being business owner would take up a lot of time but I didn't realise how much. I have not had a day off since 11th August and am actually at work right now. I barely have time for anything right now. I'm constantly doing 12-13 hours day and only have time for eat and sleep when I am home.

We are still getting the hang of things, me and my friend. And in time I'm sure one of us will be able to have a day off. (I'm hoping!) Overall I'm enjoying myself. This is much better than that shitty job I had before. And we have been doing very well.

Hope everywhere here is doing well.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby Ali » Aug 31, '18, 10:52 pm

I just don't really have a lot to say.

Credit to SKS for the new Waluigi World Order!

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap
  • I WILL KILL EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THIS PRODUCTION

Last movie seen - Inside Out; Rating - Amazingly Awesome
Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 43

Return to The Pub