It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 4:38 am

Podcasts you listen to..

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

Podcasts you listen to..

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Dec 18, '17, 3:16 pm

I've been a podcast listener for a year, mainly listening to football related shows such as The Totally Football Show, Second Captains etc but keen to mix it up with something different..

What do you listen to?

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Re: Podcasts you listen to..

Postby Kreashko » Dec 26, '17, 8:04 am

I don't really listen to to many podcasts these days but earlier this year I started listening to The Three Horseman Show and a few other wrestling podcasts but they seem to have stopped.

The Total Wrestling Show from around 2010/2011 are still going strong. Check them out at TWS Radio.

Kreashko Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 45

Postby EmperorWu » Dec 29, '17, 7:20 pm

I listen to a lot.

Wrestling:
Art of Wrestling
Talk Is Jericho
How2Wrestling
The Steve Austin Show & Unleashed (A lot of garabage but a ton of episodes to pick from.)
The Ross Report (Interviews start about 20 minutes in xD)

Comedy:
The Dollop (History related)
How Did This Get Made? (Shitty movie reviews)

Horror:
The No Sleep Podcast
Campfire Radio Theater
Creepy (creepypasta)
Knifepoint Horror (Simple no frills, just quality stories)
Lore (Scary folklore history)
Midnight Marinara (Creepypasta)
Pleasing Terrors (Same as Lore, but I like it better)
The Witching Hour (Horror review/analyze)
We're Alive(Think an audio version of the Walking Dead but much better)

History:
Hardcore History (Listen to this if you like history at all. Beware episode are long, but worth it.)
Damn Interesting (Love this one a lot too.)
A History of the World: 100 objects
Revolutions
Romance of the Three Kingdoms Podcast ((Ever heard about Dynasty Warriors? Yeah it's about that. Probably a bit dense/obscure for western audiences, but if you're familiar with the literal hundreds of historical figures it talks about you won't get lost. Funny and endearing podcast, host does his best to make it accessible. Don't know how easy to follow it would be for people new to the story. Many characters have very similar sounding names(Chinese). If you don't already know the history it might get very confusing.))
The History of Rome (If you love Roman history, this is it. Hundreds of episodes and covers the entire history of Rome, more or less. Fantastic series.)

Politics/News:
Common Sense (Most sensible man in America. Dan Carlin is a saint. :lol)
Counterspin (Takes a measured approach on the news of the day. Breaks down mainstream media stories that are being "spun".)

Other:
footballguys (NFL Fantasy Football)
Discovery (Documentaries)
Hostile Worlds (Outer space stuff)
BBC The Documentaries
WTF with Marc Maron (Some gems to be found, interviews famous people)

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jan 22, '19, 7:02 am

I'm finding I listen to, maybe, too many podcasts at the expense of reading my book on the train!

I had interestingly recently some people advocating audio books as a listen but not been too tempted to do so but for inspirational or emotive stories, an audio accompaniment may be preferred.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author

Postby VaderBomb » Jan 22, '19, 11:33 am

The Purple Stuff podcast on DinosaurDracula.com is a fun one. Not extremely prolific, but every once in a while they drop a new episode and it always gives me a nice, warm, cozy feeling.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby prophet » Jan 23, '19, 2:42 pm

The Peter Crouch Podcast is the one for you, Aky.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jan 24, '19, 10:41 am

prophet wrote:The Peter Crouch Podcast is the one for you, Aky.

I've heard good things about it, but I'm limiting my podcast listening to a handful of things, so I've gone for Lineker and Baker's Behind Closed Doors as my relaxed football listen, alongside Totally Football Show and their off-shoot pods.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby PorkChop » Apr 02, '20, 10:21 am

The Steve Austin Show
Most Parcast productions - Serial Killers, Unexplained Mysteries, Conspiracy Theories, Secret Societies
Sky Sports
Football Daily
ESPN FC
Lifehacker
Darknet Diaries
Lore
American Hysteria
Casefile
Macabre London

Would recommend these, bar the football/soccer ones if that isn't your thing.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Kreashko » Dec 01, '23, 7:55 am

Unfortunately neither of the podcast's I mentioned above are active anymore.

So to update my list for 2023.

Monday - Fresh and Fit
Tuesday - My World with Jeff Jarrett (and Conrad Thompson)/Franchise University with Shane Douglas
Wednesday - What Happened When? (with Tony Schiavone and Conrad Thompson)/Fresh and Fit
Thursday -
Friday - OVP Podcast/Fresh and Fit
Saturday -
Sunday - Fed Reacts

Kreashko Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

Topics: 45

Return to The Pub