It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 8:50 am

How much do you drink...

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

How much do you drink...

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Aug 22, '17, 8:56 am

water!

It has been a month or so that I've made a conscious decision to cut down on caffeine at work (one warm brew in the morning is enough) and then having around 1500ml of water throughout the day. I've even thrown in some fruit as a morning snack rather than chocolates and crisps. It's a small journey, I hope, to try and lose weight and eat bit more healthier, especially at work. I'm feeling the benefits and surprising how during the working week, I don't massively feel tempted to grab a soft drink or chocolate. I guess my mind is conditioning itself not to eat junk at work - hopefully!

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Re: How much do you drink...

Postby Viazon » Oct 10, '17, 10:56 am

I regularly take more breaks than I am permitted to take a work to go and grab a quick drink of water.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 244

Postby Hanley! » Oct 10, '17, 11:33 am

I don't drink that much at home, but I get through a lot at work. It's a good excuse to get up and stretch the legs every hour or so. I used to drink a lot of coffee at work, but I'm down to 2-3 a week now and I usually drink decaf.

I think I would score pretty highly on this question in the doctor's office, so I'm glad you swerved us and said water. :P

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Oct 10, '17, 11:39 am

Hanley! wrote:It's a good excuse to get up and stretch the legs every hour or so.

There is one downside to all this water and that's needing a piss frequently. But I do have a morning snack containing melon and strawberries so that's another reason as well.

I'm sticking to coffee in the morning when I get in, but not touching decaf! And even though green tea has its many benefits, not digging the taste of it all.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Postby Everlong » Oct 10, '17, 11:40 am

I drink water pretty much all day long while working, so I'm quite well hydrated!

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby PorkChop » Oct 10, '17, 2:51 pm

Hanley! wrote:I used to drink a lot of coffee at work, but I'm down to 2-3 a week now and I usually drink decaf.

I wish I could cut down on coffee as well, but I start work at 8am and I can't function properly at such an ungodly hour without it. If it wasn't for my morning brew I'd have been sacked by now.

AkydefGoldberg wrote:And even though green tea has its many benefits, not digging the taste of it all.

Somewhere in the British Thread @Daz said that green tea tastes of Treebeard's piss. I've never tried green tea, but Daz's words are all I need to know.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Hanley! » Oct 10, '17, 2:57 pm

I do find now when I'm tired that I can drink a decaf coffee and it helps perk me up, even without the caffeine. I'm not sure why - it might be a placebo effect, or maybe it's the slightly bitter taste. Adding a bit of sugar helps too. So I do tend to grab a coffee when I'm exhausted in work.

I've never liked green tea, but I do keep a box of rooibos tea at my desk. It's caffeine free, but you can still drink it with milk as god intended.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Daz » Oct 11, '17, 1:29 am

PorkChop wrote:
Hanley! wrote:I used to drink a lot of coffee at work, but I'm down to 2-3 a week now and I usually drink decaf.

I wish I could cut down on coffee as well, but I start work at 8am and I can't function properly at such an ungodly hour without it. If it wasn't for my morning brew I'd have been sacked by now.

AkydefGoldberg wrote:And even though green tea has its many benefits, not digging the taste of it all.

Somewhere in the British Thread @Daz said that green tea tastes of Treebeard's piss. I've never tried green tea, but Daz's words are all I need to know.

I stand by this.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby KaiserGlider » Jul 14, '18, 1:31 pm

We have a new member!???

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Return to The Pub