It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 3:18 pm

US vs North Korea bologna

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

US vs North Korea bologna

Postby VaderBomb » Aug 10, '17, 12:19 am

Not impressed with the narrative concerning this North Korea nonsense. Does this not remind anyone of the months leading up to the US invading Iraq? Hopefully the Republicans don't stage another 9-11 tragedy like they did back in 2001 to manipulate the public via propaganda and false flags to support a manufactured and lie ridden war machine.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 177

Re: US vs North Korea bologna

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Aug 10, '17, 5:55 am

Even though the rhetoric from both sides is incendiary and unnecessary, I'm not envisaging an open conflict despite the President of the US behaving like a child on most occasions. It would have to take North Korean aggression which I doubt they will, deep down and sure Trump's advisors may nudge him towards a reactive policy.

Many reports discredit the efficiency of these North Korean missiles but there's not much nuanced thinking on the US side on how credible a serious threat is.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 519

Postby Circled Square » Aug 10, '17, 6:25 pm

Based Kim working Guam into a shoot

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby KaiserGlider » Aug 10, '17, 11:20 pm

Why would the US want to attack North Korea though? Even if they did have some motive, NK is a country filled with millions of people who have been brainwashed throughout their entire lives to think of the USA as the enemy. An invasion is not going to go over well. It's not like Iraq or Afghanistan where there would be an oppressive regime that the people would supposedly want to be "freed" from. I'm not quite seeing the Iraq/Afghanistan comparison here, so fill me in.

And for that matter, I never understood why North Korea supposedly wants to nuke another country. Like, who does that benefit? I know we're living in the "alternative facts" Trump era where 2+2=4 is FAKE NEWS, but I still don't get how such a cartoonish villain like North Korea can actually be real. I'm just an ant. I'm sleepy. Anyway, I hope nothing actually bad happens and there's some kind of purpose behind these threats and postures from such powerful people.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby War Daddy » Aug 11, '17, 3:56 pm

If anything happens, Seaoul will fuckin flattened and the entire trump regime will be responsible for the death of millions of innocent lives.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby Everlong » Aug 12, '17, 12:57 pm

KaiserGlider wrote:Why would the US want to attack North Korea though?

Trump's feelings were hurt.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Hanley! » Aug 12, '17, 3:51 pm

KaiserGlider wrote:Why would the US want to attack North Korea though?

Because regular people just trying to go about their days in peace aren't terrified enough right now, apparently.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby PorkChop » Aug 13, '17, 9:08 am

I've just moved to London, so if the UK gets nuked the good thing is that I'll probably die from the initial blast, rather than slow and painful radiation poisoning.

At least a nuclear war might free up the housing market for future generations.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Return to The Pub